WELCOME TO DEMONLAND - PAUL ROOS

timmyo64

A senior Player at Melbourne said tonight that he heard that Roos had enrolled his kids at a Perth school.

Has Woosha signed a contract for 2014?

Edited by Shmity29

A senior Player at Melbourne said tonight that he heard that Roos had enrolled his kids at a Perth school.

Has Woosha signed a contract for 2014?

Edited by Oucher
  • Like 1

His youngest, Tyler (I think is his name) is currently completing year 12, I think the senior player might be having a lend of someone.

... I think thats the first rumour on Demonland that I have had a crack at squashing!! :cool:

Edit: Bugger, spent too long typing it up, that someone beat me to it.... thats me done for the night!

Is that confirmed? All I can see is a Neil Cordy article,... my take on that is that 6 weeks ago there were strong rumours that we would offer Roos a big paycheck to coach us.

Nothing I read tonight says anything except the rumour of that offer has shaken the Brisbane board enough to contact Roos 6 weeks ago.

Funny really. The article leads off with A $1.5 million offer from Melbourne to Paul Roos has led to the sacking of Michael Voss as coach of Brisbane

Then doesn't use or substantiate it. Journalism at its best lol

go easy tiger. Just giving evetyone a heads up on what was reported. I just wished I had more time to post 3000+ comments like you you [censored] jockey.

Time ?

I don't have time to scratch myself. I come on here these days for between 15-30 minutes a day and quickly punch out about 5 posts to morons like yourself.

Edited by Ben-Hur

Time ?

I don't have time to scratch myself. I come on here these days for between 15-30 minutes and a day and quickly punch out about 5 posts to morons like yourself.

3500+ posts and you think you just come on here for 10 - 15 mins a day. You no time? Thats unfounded!

You punch 5 posts out to people that are just relaying what has been published in t he paper as many have done here before and will forever do? Get a life and tell your mum to apologise to you for dropping you on your head as a child.

Funny really. The article leads off with A $1.5 million offer from Melbourne to Paul Roos has led to the sacking of Michael Voss as coach of Brisbane

anybody considered the fact that RO"OS wants to go to a club with an average list so his 2 sons will have every chance of being drafted

just saying

If the offer of $1.5M is true, I wonder what Eade and Williams are worth offering?? Eade would demand no more than $700K and I reckon Williams would be lucky to get $600K (someone tell me if I'm off the mark here)...

Based on these assumptions, I would like to know just how much extra value Roos would offer the club for near double the salary that would most likely secure the other two candidates.

The most imprtant criteria for me would be the ability to drive postive culture change by getting the group to respond to the new coach. The systems a new coach puts in place may vary but on face value I reckon actual footy acumen would be fairly well even across these three men.

The club must think that Roos leadership capabilities is far superior to Eade and Williams. I'm not completely sold on that.

The club must think that Roos leadership capabilities is far superior to Eade and Williams. I'm not completely sold on that.

I think it would be more about the commercial benefits of having Roos. I suspect he would more attractive to potential sponsors and that we would sign up more members. An extra 5 - 10k members would almost pay the gap. We also might be confident of keeping and attracting players with Roos than the other two.

Still $1.5 mill is pretty steep. Apart from the fact i'd win money if Roos is appointed i must say i starting to warm to the idea of Eade.

I think it would be more about the commercial benefits of having Roos. I suspect he would more attractive to potential sponsors and that we would sign up more members. An extra 5 - 10k members would almost pay the gap. We also might be confident of keeping and attracting players with Roos than the other two.

Still $1.5 mill is pretty steep. Apart from the fact i'd win money if Roos is appointed i must say i starting to warm to the idea of Eade.

Either coach just needs to get the team winning. The marketing will then take care of itself.

If the offer of $1.5M is true, I wonder what Eade and Williams are worth offering?? Eade would demand no more than $700K and I reckon Williams would be lucky to get $600K (someone tell me if I'm off the mark here)...

Based on these assumptions, I would like to know just how much extra value Roos would offer the club for near double the salary that would most likely secure the other two candidates.

The most imprtant criteria for me would be the ability to drive postive culture change by getting the group to respond to the new coach. The systems a new coach puts in place may vary but on face value I reckon actual footy acumen would be fairly well even across these three men.

If Roos gets another thousand members to join that's about $300,000 extra in the kitty. If he gets 4000 extra members into the club, we would be looking at over a million extra generated.

Financially speaking, from a membership viewpoint purely, if they believe Roos will inspire more people to join the club as members, the cash isn't an issue.

• Like 1

If Roos gets another thousand members to join that's about $300,000 extra in the kitty. If he gets 4000 extra members into the club, we would be looking at over a million extra generated.

Financially speaking, from a membership viewpoint purely, if they believe Roos will inspire more people to join the club as members, the cash isn't an issue.

but then hes only generating his own pay. Nett gain ??

I would imagine Choco or Eade would be more , lets say, economical but then mightnt generate the membership to the degree of Roos. But its all a guessing game really as unless you can actually effect both scenarios we'd never know.

Tbh...Im more concerned with developing the list, than the membership. The fomer would undoubtedly help the latter though

I don’t like the prospect of paying an exuberant wage for a senior coach – even one with a record as strong as Roos – given we are cash constrained and could use the money to either bolster our recruiting department and/or pay 100% of the salary cap.

I also feel we must to go down the youth route again, solely because we are the least desirable AFL club to play for at present. This means we have to highly overpay players to get them to agree to come over and we don’t really win out of such trade unless we can get the player to agree to come through the PSD. The optionality of the draft should also not be ignored and we should be willing to back our new staff to select and develop well. Looking at our list, we are also likely to be a bottom club again next year regardless of our ability to attract players, which further backs the case to build a side Hogan, Watts, Toumpas, Viney and our early picks this year.

Having a coach that is willing to go down this path and sell hope to such a plan is crucial in my mind and I am not sure Roos shares this philosophy. I also favour a more attacking coach, as it is better to watch and typically sides that win multiple flags have been more attacking.

Edited by jazza

So far we've discussed Eade built Roos list, and Lyon was the brains behind the Roos gameplan. Now we want to give him1.5 a year , what assistants can we afford after that? Stuff Roos, you could get Choco for half that and afford to chase some good assistants.

but then hes only generating his own pay. Nett gain ??

I would imagine Choco or Eade would be more , lets say, economical but then mightnt generate the membership to the degree of Roos. But its all a guessing game really as unless you can actually effect both scenarios we'd never know.

Tbh...Im more concerned with developing the list, than the membership. The fomer would undoubtedly help the latter though

Let's not compare the cachet of Roos with that of Choco or Rocket.

Roos has some magic about him, no doubt, you can imagine how many more female members we would get. Sponsors would be easier to land. Players would be more amenable to playing with us.

Whether any of this translates to on the field, would not be guaranteed of course, but you would be at least filled with an optimistic hope, that he could turn us around.

• Like 1