WELCOME TO DEMONLAND - PAUL ROOS

timmyo64

Senior coach?

No assistant coach

Don't mind succession plan with a take over of say 5 yrs time but is flexible

I do agree with u that Roos won't coach us.

I just can't c it happening.

Tassie are not big enough to stand alone.

A relocated team in Tassie will always be on the teet.

It is better to get the MFC punching again from the MCG. it is what is happening.

im not supporting a move.... Im just not putting blind faith in PJ, whom has zero emotional investment and is only there because the AFL put him there...
  • Like 1

im not supporting a move.... Im just not putting blind faith in PJ, whom has zero emotional investment and is only there because the AFL put him there...

I don't have blind faith.

Look at what the last "Melbourne" CEO did to this place.

FCS

We need outside blood now. The AFL wants the MFC making money.

Good.

DO to keep on topic an experienced coach, preferably a coach who engages the players and builds some confidence, desire and work rate. That leads to Roos number one, but his desire for a 5yr type grind needs to be established otherwise it leaves a field of similar characters in RE, Williams etc. This of course would be after the back room support network has been built with a Pres and a footy manager role well entrenched.

The assistants need a big upgrade along the way.

Of topic what would excite me is another Bronx tour.

DO to keep on topic an experienced coach, preferably a coach who engages the players and builds some confidence, desire and work rate. That leads to Roos number one, but his desire for a 5yr type grind needs to be established otherwise it leaves a field of similar characters in RE, Williams etc. This of course would be after the back room support network has been built with a Pres and a footy manager role well entrenched.

The assistants need a big upgrade along the way.

Of topic what would excite me is another Bronx tour.

Really can't c Roos coaching us tbh.

Like many of the other thousands of posts here it would be Choco for me.

He's been to the top of the mountain and from all reports can DEVELOP players and goes without saying we need this just a little.

Would love to know when the pres and head of footy will be announced.

I suspect that nobody would be around to care....IF the club was still in existence :-((((((

PS rumour heard in the west today was that Roos is heading for WCE. Said to be a big house already set up for him and family.

That rumour started circulating on here approximately 6 weeks ago I reckon. It's had a few runs in various forms and even Eagles supporters over here are hyped up about it too.

I think it's bulltish.

Born leader.

Players respect him and would do anything for him.

Imagine a triad of big, big names and the place would start humming again.

We're a laughing stock and Eade, Williams, blah blah wouldn't cut it.

Great communicator that's why he's called 'Rowdy'. 12 years in the system as an Assistant Coach, maybe he's a career assistant.

• Like 1

Would love to know when the pres and head of footy will be announced.

Geez I am clever I can answer my own question, at least part of it.

demons on board

Melbourne expects to settle on its new board within three weeks, allowing the Demons to pledge stability and then ramp up their bid for a new coach and head of football.

Interim Melbourne president Peter Spargo said interviews for up to three board roles were progressing well, with the club particularly keen to lure those with financial expertise. A sub-committee of AFL legal counsel Andrew Dillon and Demons board members John Trotter and Russel Howcroft will determine the new members.

Sound positive for once.

That would be nice for a change some POSITIVE news.

Hopefully it's just the start of the Dees resurgence.

Geez I am clever I can answer my own question, at least part of it.

demons on board

Melbourne expects to settle on its new board within three weeks, allowing the Demons to pledge stability and then ramp up their bid for a new coach and head of football.

Interim Melbourne president Peter Spargo said interviews for up to three board roles were progressing well, with the club particularly keen to lure those with financial expertise. A sub-committee of AFL legal counsel Andrew Dillon and Demons board members John Trotter and Russel Howcroft will determine the new members.

Sound positive for once.

That would be nice for a change some POSITIVE news.

Hopefully it's just the start of the Dees resurgence.

I will be happy when any board members who supported the extensions to CS's contracts are gone from the club.

I can't believe that some people on here are still in favour of an untried coach.

It cannot happen. After 2 absolute failures the club is in recievership right now.

We need an experienced coach who will bring more than hope.

We need guarranteed action. The TV deal cannot have another year of dead matches that nobody watches.

Please understand this. The TV Networks are not pleased, selling advertising space for a Melbourne game right now is very slow and cheap.

The are losing money.

We could see the return of Saba ads, Franco Cozzo and Del Monti suits!!

I'm wary.

we are all wary but we are not all necessarily concerned that we're being setup or likely to move. Quite the contrary for mine. We are being helped to get back on feet and allow us to be truly competitive .

A strong Melbourne works for all

Edited by belzebub59

Jumbo - just to confirm, you think PJ plans to move the team and you want Brett Kirk to be the senior coach?

What happened to you mate? I remember you being alot less...nuts. Has supporting this club finally made you crack? Would be understandable.

• Like 1

And I'll be happy when that sort of vindictiveness is eradicated from the club. It's exactly that attitude which has led the club to its current situation.

Thats a laugh coming from someone who had the exact same attitude towards Caroline Wilson when she was correct about people like CS all along, what a garbage post.
  • Like 1

Thats a laugh coming from someone who had the exact same attitude towards Caroline Wilson when she was correct about people like CS all along, what a garbage post.

She didn't like CS as people are entitled to, even I - who you sometimes lambast as a CS sympathizer - said before his last, disastrous extension that I could see the club going in a different direction.

But Wilson's crusade to destroy Schwab was not some targeted laser guided mission. She accused the club of some pretty diabolical things that were not true.

And we can sit here in smug satisfaction at the removal of people at the club as if their removal will instantly inflate us, but I will not permit journalists to get away with mistruths and then have them waved away as 'she had the jist' and her uncorrected mistruths concerned minor issues.

She said the club organised a secret meeting where a strategy to lose games was devised and that the CEO and the Head of Footy Ops were so conspiratorial that they had a code name for the meeting -The Vault.

Well, as we now know it was a regular meeting of staff in a building nicknamed the Vault in which CC told a dark joke about a looming loss of a priority pick.

Wilson is no hero in the nonsense of last summer.

Edited by rpfc

She didn't like CS as people are entitled to, even I - who you sometimes lambast as a CS sympathizer - said before his last, disastrous extension that I could see the club going in a different direction.

But Wilson's crusade to destroy Schwab was not some targeted laser guided mission. She accused the club of some pretty diabolical things that were not true.

And we can sit here in smug satisfaction at the removal of people at the club as if their removal will instantly inflate us, but I will not permit journalists to get away with mistruths and then have them waved away as 'she had the jist' and her uncorrected mistruths concerned minor issues.

She said the club organised a secret meeting where a strategy to lose games was devised and that the CEO and the Head of Footy Ops were so conspiratorial that they had a code name for the meeting -The Vault.

Well, as we now know it was a regular meeting of staff in a building nicknamed the Vault in which CC told a dark joke about a looming loss of a priority pick.

It's really amazing someone hasn't taken legal action against her at some point, she really isn't shy about making big statements and seems to be very hit and miss with what is actually true or even remotely true.

CC and he's stupid dark joke cost us severly, Wilson Didnt have to crusade to kill the club, DM, CC and the Vespa riding twit CS had no problems doing it themselves, and if that statement I just made isn't correct the AFL wouldn't have appointed PJ, case closed.

CC and he's stupid dark joke cost us severly, Wilson Didnt have to crusade to kill the club, DM, CC and the Vespa riding twit CS had no problems doing it themselves, and if that statement I just made isn't correct the AFL wouldn't have appointed PJ, case closed.

Whatever you think of CS, CC etc etc, Wilson's methods are diabolical. Just because she was clobbering people you wanted clobbered, does not make her a good journalist. I will happily wait for her to go after someone you like and see what you say then.

• Like 1

She was neither correct nor accurate about CS but that matters little to the idiots that believe her .

CS was not the reason for this clubs dire predicament .

The blame falls at the feet of the players.

I played football a bit and the fact that I didn't like an administrator from my team never stopped me chasing or tackling .

Caroline Wilson is a rabid lapdog that leaks what she thinks is info that is fed to her by the AFL.

See her write any negative articles about the drugs at Richmond?

Was she correct? Not in my book.

But what does my criticism of her have to do with people holding vindictive attitudes such as that which I criticised?