WELCOME TO DEMONLAND - PAUL ROOS

timmyo64

I wouldn't consider myself vindictive 'Jack' but I am still very angry at what happened at the club. It's not my attitude that led the club to where it is now it was poor decisions made and backed up by people who either agreed or wouldn't stand up when they should have.

The board review shows that they were ineffective and indeed derelict in their duties to run the club properly, I think we still need a clean sweep of the board and hope it happens.

The board should stand down from their current roles (which they are doing), maybe that's what you meant by "gone from the club" but the way it cane across it sounded like you wanted then removed as members and supporters. I think that is extreme; these guys are still mfc through and through despite their failures.

• Like 1

CC and he's stupid dark joke cost us severly, Wilson Didnt have to crusade to kill the club, DM, CC and the Vespa riding twit CS had no problems doing it themselves, and if that statement I just made isn't correct the AFL wouldn't have appointed PJ, case closed.

do you really think that CC made one dark joke that caused all this or do you think that that is the story that was told to the public at the end?

• Like 1

The board should stand down from their current roles (which they are doing), maybe that's what you meant by "gone from the club" but the way it cane across it sounded like you wanted then removed as members and supporters. I think that is extreme; these guys are still mfc through and through despite their failures.

Yep, you are right there. I certainly didn't mean gone from the club, I would hope they would all remain as members and supporters of the club. I think as directors they were weak and let other more powerful personalities control the club. They needed to be a lot stronger in their roles and this is where things came unstuck.

The most damming item on the board report for me was that they were too involved in the management of the club yet chose to twice reappoint the person who should have been running the club, the CEO.

My own view is they should never have allowed Jim to invite Gary in to "help out a mate". Gary has no experience in football apart from as a player and media performer, he did not have the required skills to do the job asked of him. It was amateur hour again at the MFC. A strong board would have been able to take care of this and get in the right outside help if needed. A quality CEO would have sorted it out before it got to this stage but unfortunately the board had reappointed a lame duck CEO twice.

I will be happy to see a complete change at board level.

do you really think that CC made one dark joke that caused all this or do you think that that is the story that was told to the public at the end?

Everything was done from the AFL to protect our gaming licence, unless you read the statement who knows, the only thing I hate about CC and CS was how they received contract extensions when all us supporters were worried about our club being in trouble, if they had any decency they wouldn't except there AFL funded payouts but we all no that they will, they truly make me sick and they should never be involved with the club again.

Everything was done from the AFL to protect our gaming licence, unless you read the statement who knows, the only thing I hate about CC and CS was how they received contract extensions when all us supporters were worried about our club being in trouble, if they had any decency they wouldn't except there AFL funded payouts but we all no that they will, they truly make me sick and they should never be involved with the club again.

Or consider it on a different light: Schwab, for all his failings had a contact that allowed only 3 months payout, which isn't particularly significant. Connolly quite possibly took the fall on behalf of the club - if we were going to keep the gaming licence and come out of the tanking saga with a not guilty verdict, someone had to be held accountable particularly if there was any truth to the taking allegations, and it appears that may have been CC. Potentially he has forfeited his career to protect the club from more severe penalties.

Edited by deanox
  • Like 1

Yep, you are right there. I certainly didn't mean gone from the club, I would hope they would all remain as members and supporters of the club. I think as directors they were weak and let other more powerful personalities control the club. They needed to be a lot stronger in their roles and this is where things came unstuck.

The most damming item on the board report for me was that they were too involved in the management of the club yet chose to twice reappoint the person who should have been running the club, the CEO.

My own view is they should never have allowed Jim to invite Gary in to "help out a mate". Gary has no experience in football apart from as a player and media performer, he did not have the required skills to do the job asked of him. It was amateur hour again at the MFC. A strong board would have been able to take care of this and get in the right outside help if needed. A quality CEO would have sorted it out before it got to this stage but unfortunately the board had reappointed a lame duck CEO twice.

I will be happy to see a complete change at board level.

good post, well thought out and written.

What I do remember was attending the 'Walk to the G' at Fed Square prior to the first game against the Swans in 2011.

CC and CS both told the faithful that all we needed to do was to get games into players (a hundred was mentioned) and we WILL have a big window of opportunities for premierships. This was either corporate spin or their total lack of knowledge of the playing group. I suspect the latter. The boys club has led the members and supporter up the garden path for far too long. It appears to me that they were nothing but imposters that have made us the laughing stock we are today.

Do you think we should have gone to court Redleg or was the correct decision made?

I have always wished the club had shown more fight, but of course none of us knew the pathetic financial situation we were left with in February.

No we shouldn't have gone to Court as it would have been time and cost wasting, even though we would have won. As Blistering says in post 2089 we had to also consider Vlad the Vengeful.

Also we actually negotiated a complete walk away, other than CC getting a paid holiday. We were found NOT GUILTY of tanking, we copped a fine, that as I said in February the AFL would eventually pay and they are. We will get $2.7-$3m from them for next year. That will pay the fine and salary payouts and leave some for the kitty.

We got a smack on the hand and as that ended it, everyone was happy, except CCand DB, but we are still in the AFL good books.

How will the Bombers fare in the future, if they take on the AFL?

• Like 2

What I do remember was attending the 'Walk to the G' at Fed Square prior to the first game against the Swans in 2011.

CC and CS both told the faithful that all we needed to do was to get games into players (a hundred was mentioned) and we WILL have a big window of opportunities for premierships. This was either corporate spin or their total lack of knowledge of the playing group. I suspect the latter. The boys club has led the members and supporter up the garden path for far too long. It appears to me that they were nothing but imposters that have made us the laughing stock we are today.

This.

I bet you CC accepts his 2 year payout from the AFL, he should be [censored] ashamed of himself and stripped of his life membership, PJ OTC the other night summed up people like cuddles perfectly, Goodbye your not welcome.

No I think you should be ashamed of yourself. That post is a f'n disgrace.

This bloke played for the club, gave his all and came back to try and get success for us. He did his best. Was moved to the marketing side where he helped raise a lot of money and interest in the club by speaking to groups of kids at schools, supporters, possible supporters etc. He then took the fall for the club, over tanking, which he was not the only one involved. He has not complained. His career has been tarnished. His life has been affected.

Everything he did, he did for his club.

You want his Life Membership cancelled and you call him a disgrace.

Mate YOU ARE A DISGRACE and you owe him an apology.

Edited by Redleg
  • Like 17

No we shouldn't have gone to Court as it would have been time and cost wasting, even though we would have won. As Blistering says in post 2089 we had to also consider Vlad the Vengeful.

Also we actually negotiated a complete walk away, other than CC getting a paid holiday. We were found NOT GUILTY of tanking, we copped a fine, that as I said in February the AFL would eventually pay and they are. We will get $2.7-$3m from them for next year. That will pay the fine and salary payouts and leave some for the kitty.

We got a smack on the hand and as that ended it, everyone was happy, except CCand DB, but we are still in the AFL good books.

Fair call, but by bending over as a club, What is it now the MFC supporter is supporting?

Personally i think a lot of the Red & Blue heart was ripped out the day we gave in.

A Fighting Fund may have united the supporter base for the long haul i believe.

The downside of course would be that CS may still be CEO!!!

I now sit somewhere near the fence, but i still wonder what i support.

I don't like giving up when a strategy is undertaken.

But then of course we discovered that Schwab's Red & Blueprint coupled with the recruiting of BP was just so farken bad!!!

Right now this club is in limbo. Is that better than fighting a fight we would have won??

Fair call, but by bending over as a club, What is it now the MFC supporter is supporting?

Personally i think a lot of the Red & Blue heart was ripped out the day we gave in.

But then of course we discovered that Schwab's Red & Blueprint coupled with the recruiting of BP was just so farken bad!!!

Right now this club is in limbo. Is that better than fighting a fight we would have won??

Yes.

• Like 1

No I think you should be ashamed of yourself. That post is a f'n disgrace.

This bloke played for the club, gave his all and came back to try and get success for us. He did his best. Was moved to the marketing side where he helped raise a lot of money and interest in the club by speaking to groups of kids at schools, supporters, possible supporters etc. He then took the fall for the club, over tanking, which he was not the only one involved. He has not complained. His career has been tarnished. His life has been affected.

Everything he did, he did for his club.

You want his Life Membership cancelled and you call him a disgrace.

Mate YOU ARE A DISGRACE and you owe him an apology.

Like I said PJ summed up his position perfectly OTC , he never took a fall for the club, the investigation was centred around your MATE cuddles the joker, YOUR mate that disgracefully got rid of our club legend junior mac , he treated him putridly and he should be [censored] ashamed of himself, I don't see PJ going out of his way to have a beer with YOUR mate cuddles but he's making time for junior, that upset a lot of people with the way James was treated, CC did some work and was payed handsomely and in the end he got a 2 year payout from the AFL, yeah he's a good bloke that Chris.

why did we have to consider vlad? why do we always rely on an outsider to bring us back, whether it be vlad or the 1000th "saviour", no other club does, we should of said sttuff you to vlad and take the fight right up to him and his friends. That would of helped build a strong united culture, which ultimately would far out weight the cost and time of the process. of course, this soft pathetic club folded. if we took it up to them we wouldnt be in vlads hand, but he got what he wanted and now has our arm twisted.

on a better note, did anyone see the add for footy records? it was filmed at a dees game, with a kid in melb jumper and his dad, barracking for st kilda cheering on reiwoldt. What amatuer garbage...are these the people that we want to effectively run our club? that makes schwabb look pro.

on a better note, did anyone see the add for footy records? it was filmed at a dees game, with a kid in melb jumper and his dad, barracking for st kilda cheering on reiwoldt. What amatuer garbage...are these the people that we want to effectively run our club? that makes schwabb look pro.

lol..I was wondering when someone would mention this. I had a good chuckle at that. "Go Reiwoldt!" he shouts, whilst wearing his Melbourne clobber.

I wouldn't put it past whoever made the ad to be deliberately trolling the club. Either that or he didn't know the name of any Melbourne players. What can you do except laugh..

I doubt there will be many left after this year WYL regardless. It's been a downward spiral ever since JM was moved on and the 186 debacle. The executive then backed the CEO over the playing group and that was it. If the shitty treatment of JM wasn't enough to make them feel ostracised then the decision to back CS was IMO the final straw for some within the senior group like Beamer, Rivers and Green. This is the moment the club slowly started to lose it's soul, spirit and fight on the field IMO. The introduction of MN was simply the icing on an already rotting cake.

Yes.

I have to disagree with you on this one Red. Sometimes you have to fight and stand up for yourself no matter what the financial cost. By not fighting, sometimes the outcome is worse than any financial impost, that is on the spirit, on the soul i mean. The outcome can be too dispiriting and impact heavily in many ways that will result in an even worse outcome in the long term. Football is a business i realise but in many ways it survives on it's supporters and their spirit/soul and willingness to keep committing year after year to the cause.

We gave up the fight way to easily IMO. Our name has now been tarnished forever as most outside the club believe we cheated our way into a No.1 draft position. If you took a poll on the MFC supporter base around the time of the saga i think you would have found they would rather have had us fight this one to the death. Imagine the impact this would be having on us trying to garner new sponsors for example. Can't be an easy sell, even for those few who might still be willing to consider us as a prospective marketing proposition.

I am reminded of a solid Thin Lizzy song here - Fight or Fall (probably the greatest "Live" classic rock band i've had the pleasure of witnessing) .....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y1OQtgS9YNg

Edited by Rusty Nails