Chris Dawes - Footy Show

If you aren't watching, you are missing out and should watch at another date.

Absolute class act and after his performance last weekend, he has shown he is worth every penny we payed for him on AND OFF the field.

I for one am a big, big fan.

Edited by Whispering_Jack
  • Like 14

Lets forget about the idiocy that allows a name like Kennet to be considered and continue to fill the club with good footy people on and off the field.

Edited by Return to Glory
  • Like 3

Doesn't come across as arrogant as other intellect players in the game - ala Daniel Jackson.

Dawes comes across the opposite, yet says exactly what he thinks - and explains it perfectly.

I know it's too early to say, throw the bloke the captaincy, but Dawes is everything a club looks for in a captain.

If his performances continue along the line of the past couple of weeks, hard to argue we shouldn't at least look at him to lead the club forward.

• Like 2

Pretty much said he's got faith in the people running the club - Neeld and Craig and that there's been more effort the last couple of weeks and all they can do is keep giving effort and results will hopefully improve.

Answered a few more questions about the his move and the club with clarity.

Then after Garry asked him to give supporters something he promised effort and said its our grand final this week.

Good on him for getting on the show in what could be a very hard weekend for him.

Hopefully he can back it up with another strong performance.

• Like 2

Thought in previous FS appearances he had been nervous and a bit lightweight. Changed my opinion big time after the last few days and tonight's appearance. Confident, clear, well spoken and with a sense of purpose I wish would infect all our other players.

im not trying to stir the pot here or anything but in all seriousness does anyone think he regrets coming to us?

No i don't...We are the Challenge.

Gives Dawes the Captaincy...he is a natural..sitting next to Jonathon Brown..same physical presence.

Please-Don-t-Feed-the-Troll-atsof-573296

Haha... You think he seemed all pumped and positive do you? Give me a break. He spoke well, I love Dawesy, lotta respect for him and he's a clever bloke, but he definitely seemed a bit weighed down.

Is he smart enough to know which way the wind is blowing?

I admire his stance tho.

Seems to have swallowed neelds excuse making mentality and stupid notion that we had a competitive game against the dorks, albeit a 100 point loss. I think he realized mid-sentence, how stupid that comment is, especially when both teams are being paid the same amount.

I just hope he dosnt drop his head once neeld is sacked.

He is incredibly smart and his law studies are really shinning through.

Whether I believe the spin or not, he has done a great job recently in the media.

why would he spin, go on national TV re his chosen pro sport, & lie, spin for some reason? I don't think so...

Now, do you think he would know more about footy, than most here?

& about whats going on in this footy club atmo,,, & us compared to other clubs?

He was very solid tonight. Mentioned once again that for the people outside the club who only see the work on the field it is easy to say that they are sub-par, but the people inside all agree that they are doing everything right and that the on-field success will follow. Listed the Ox as being in the disappointed fan category and questioned whether he actually has ANY sources within the club. Also put in a shot at the "sack Neeld" movement saying that they need to get the players playing games together with the same teammates and the same coach. On injuries, said that we had few, but they were to key players and that we simply don't have the depth to cover them the way some of the better sides do.

Jono Brown asked why he chose to come to the Demons. He mentioned a variety of factors, that the Pies had told him his opportunities would be limited with them this year and he might want to look elsewhere, and when he looked at his options he liked the direction Melbourne were going and thought (and still does) that there is real potential in the young players to come through and play really good football.

Admits that nobody at the club thought we'd have quite so bad a run, but is adamant that it will turn around and that they are doing everything right off-field to make it happen. Said you'd be a fool to try to predict how many game's we'd win this year, but to stick it out because they are getting it right and sooner or later it will turn into on-field success.

• Like 1

Is he smart enough to know which way the wind is blowing?

I admire his stance tho.

Seems to have swallowed neelds excuse making mentality and stupid notion that we had a competitive game against the dorks, albeit a 100 point loss. I think he realized mid-sentence, how stupid that comment is, especially when both teams are being paid the same amount.

I just hope he dosnt drop his head once neeld is sacked.

Our players are clearly held back by skill deficiencies, they may (and I and lots of others believe) that Neeld is holding them back through poor training/development/coaching, they've also done a wonderful job of setting the bar super low for effort. But the Hawthorn game they did try, that much was plain to see and that was Dawes' point. The only way to rebuild this team is one step forward at a time. Effort has to come first.

Games against Gold Coast, GWS for 3/4, Port, Essendon (after 10 minutes trying), West Coast second half there was 0 out of 10 for effort.