Chris Dawes - Footy Show

Does anyone know where I can watch this? Missed the show last night. It doesn't look like channel 9 have the footy show as part of their 'catch-up tv' service.

I did a quick search of YouTube and couldn't find it... so I would be interested in finding out as well.

Don't take my post too seriously.....I was just being cheeky and baiting some of the Anti-Neeld people, which I probably shouldn't.

Nah, I agree that I think Neeld and Rawlings played a bit part in securing Clark, and similarly Neeld and Brown did similarly to secure Dawes. My legitimate concern is how the players that we are actually commending for how they are presenting themselves etc, might be if Neeld is removed from the equation.

I am not pro or anti TBH, I just think a clear and decisive decision needs to be made and that must be something that everyone (or most) need to be able to stand behind.

I think we've seen evidence of the difference in the skills when we get chains of possession involving experienced players vs inexperienced players. I'm just thinking of the possession chain that was shown on the Craig report: First kick from Garland to Trengove, then Trengove to Joel Mac, Joel Mac to Bail, Bail to Davey and Davey into the forward 50. All of those players involved have been in the system for 4+ years now and played close to or over 50 games apiece. It was one of the cleanest passages of play all day for us.

Until Davey kicked it down a hawk throat and he's the besr kick in the team.

I did a quick search of YouTube and couldn't find it... so I would be interested in finding out as well.

Looked on the website but they only have recordings of Sam's Mailbag and other main segments.

http://wwos.ninemsn.com.au/afl/footyshow/video

Edited by Django

Until Davey kicked it down a hawk throat and he's the besr kick in the team.

Yeah, I was ready to throw something at the TV when Davey undid all that good work by kicking to the shortest guy on the field (Rodan) who had a key back within metres of him.

I can't get to many games at the moment, so I'm not sure if there were many other options for him though.

Edited by pm24

Looked on the website but they only have recordings of Sam's Mailbag and other main segments.

http://wwos.ninemsn.com.au/afl/footyshow/video

Even torrents letting me down. Found one for last week's episode though, maybe someone will upload this week's soon.

Stupid that I would even have to consider torrenting something on free to air.

I believe one of his grandparents was Sir John Moore Chief Justice some years ago of the Arbitration Commission.

As he's studying law maybe he wants to follow in granddad's footsteps.

Actually his mothers father is Sir John McIntosh Young, Chief Justice of the Supreme Court of Victoria, 1974 - 1991. I dont know if he is related to Sir John Moore.

And just to show he is a proper "chap", he is one of 2 current AFL players who are members of the Royal Melbourne Golf Club. Wouldn't want one of those Collingwood fellows in there.

Yeah, I was ready to throw something at the TV when Davey undid all that good work by kicking to the shortest guy on the field (Rodan) who had a key back within metres of him.

I can't get to many games at the moment, so I'm not sure if there were many other options for him though.

Was dawes involved in the chain further up field? Bring back Mitch Clark and we will have another tall ready on the end of it.

Davey is they only player in that chain who wheeled and played on, everyone else ran back quick and looked for the pass. I think Davey wheeled expecting a long option but saw Rodan instead. I'm not sure if he would have been better holding it a second and kicking to the hot spot. Obviously it was a terrible pass, but if we can do that 20 times a game instead of 2, we'll get scoring shots from 15 of them.

Was dawes involved in the chain further up field? Bring back Mitch Clark and we will have another tall ready on the end of it.

Davey is they only player in that chain who wheeled and played on, everyone else ran back quick and looked for the pass. I think Davey wheeled expecting a long option but saw Rodan instead. I'm not sure if he would have been better holding it a second and kicking to the hot spot. Obviously it was a terrible pass, but if we can do that 20 times a game instead of 2, we'll get scoring shots from 15 of them.

I think it's fair to say Davey's kick was a shocker, but as you say, if we have 2/3 KPFs in the side, then when Dawes is on the wing, we'll still have a marking target behind him, so that Davey's kick is able to go to Clark/Hogan instead of Rodan, and that makes a big difference.

I think it's fair to say Davey's kick was a shocker, but as you say, if we have 2/3 KPFs in the side, then when Dawes is on the wing, we'll still have a marking target behind him, so that Davey's kick is able to go to Clark/Hogan instead of Rodan, and that makes a big difference.

Yeah, some good points. I could be a bit harsh on Davey, but it was one of the most encouraging examples of ball movement I've seen from the players this season.

Further, Dawes' father is (or was) a senior lecturer at Melb Uni and also runs a rare bookshop somewhere in Melbourne. Very interesting family.

I had his brother David as a physiotherapy student for a 5 week placement a few years ago at the clinic I work at. Chris was just finding his way at Collingwood, and Dave was happy to admit that Chris was both the better footballer and a smarter cookie. Dave was no slouch in either respect himself. He was a very classy, thoughtful bloke, mature beyond his years, and very appealing to the ladies at the clinic too I seem to remember.

• Like 2

Yeah, some good points. I could be a bit harsh on Davey, but it was one of the most encouraging examples of ball movement I've seen from the players this season.

Absolutely agree that it was a great transition from the back line to the forward line. That kind of running, leading into space, and precision foot skills is what we need to see more of each week, but the more that happens, the more scoring chains we'll get, and the more we'll start to go inside 50 and score.

Absolutely agree that it was a great transition from the back line to the forward line. That kind of running, leading into space, and precision foot skills is what we need to see more of each week, but the more that happens, the more scoring chains we'll get, and the more we'll start to go inside 50 and score.

It is passages of play like that, and some of the footage from Casey, that makes me feel that the game plan the players are being taught may not be as bad as many think it is. Check the highlights of play from Casey, and ball movement out of the backline like the passage we're talking about, occur frequently.

It is passages of play like that, and some of the footage from Casey, that makes me feel that the game plan the players are being taught may not be as bad as many think it is. Check the highlights of play from Casey, and ball movement out of the backline like the passage we're talking about, occur frequently.

I'd like to see more movement through the corridor, but I'll agree with you to the extent that it's hard to judge the gameplan's efficacy when the players have been so poorly implementing it to date.

Straighter than Cloke.

LOL

In round 10 he only been able to play 3 senior games for the MFC.

He has taken a few good marks but was recruited as a forward so should be able to kick more than one or two majors each week even with limited opportunities.

He may or may not be a good speaker but surely we are not looking for a Captain of a debating team. There alot of talk going on at the MFC at the moment but talk is cheap, the Club needs action.

The MFC needs it players on the field performing each week.

The fact he from Collingwood is a worry as the MFC has had some bad experience from ex Collingwood coaches of late. So why would the MFC want Cloke, surely we could do better then that.

Give Chris another season or two at the MFC before there is talk about him being Captain.

Hes a massive unit, has brute strength, runs all game, and he is a great target who continually presents.

It is a huge boost to have a man mountain like him in the team.

• Like 1

Hes a massive unit, has brute strength, runs all game, and he is a great target who continually presents.

It is a huge boost to have a man mountain like him in the team.

Lot's of people, including myself said he wasn't worth pick 20 and although it's early days I'm happy to admit I was probably wrong.

Edited by Django

without clark, our structure is stuffed, dawes should be at chf not getting kicks on the flanks which make it harder to kick goals

He tends to lead in that direction because that's where we direct our play, on most occasions, when transitioning off HB. And at present, with a few exceptions, our ability to hit a lead up through the middle from wide on the flanks is so poor he probably doesn't have the confidence to lead there as often atm.

Plays in a more tradiotional CHF area when we win clearances from the center of the ground. But he also mixes up his leads regardless, like all quality forwards should be capable of doing.

Is a little rusty with his ball handling atm having only been back at it for a few matches with a few costly basic turnovers in general play last week but once he gets his AFL level fitness, mojo and kicking strength back he'll be a brute and a fantastic leader for this club.

At this point I'm willing to commit early and say I believe he'll be one of the great Captains the MFCs had IF given the opportunity.

Edited by Rusty Nails