Sign Jesse Hogan up for 5 years (Suns and Jack Martin)

What

Need to secure this kid!

The prospect of a Hogan, Clark & Dawes forward line for the next 5 years makes me weak at the knees...

Even with our 2nd rate midfield those three will put fear into the opposition backs.

Just wait till we get some reasonable midfielders to deliver it to them!

Just read the first page of this thread... how can people not think signing this kid long term is int he best interests of the club??

Even more important given Clark may or may not get back on the park with his foot...

Maybe there is something behind the mumblings we hear about Hogan going home, club on the front foot.

Guess we have to find out before this years draft, that way if he is leaving we can take Boyd.

That's a very MFC supporter-like take on it ;-) I prefer to think that the club is finally realising it needs to be proactive rather than reactive (as it has been in the past)...make a move before others have a chance to work on him.

Signing Jesse may be in the best interests of the club in terms of good news, morale boost but I worry about a big contract to the kid, offer him one with incentives where he can earn $500k but dont just give him that much before 1 AFL game.

i do worry that there is any truth in the statement that he wants to see what happens at the club. If we don't have him signed pre 2015 season I'll be very worried.

Need to secure this kid!

The prospect of a Hogan, Clark & Dawes forward line for the next 5 years makes me weak at the knees...

Even with our 2nd rate midfield those three will put fear into the opposition backs.

Need to keep the three tall forwards on the park at the same time for many weeks to achieve that fear. We are struggling with Dawes and Clark ATM.

• Like 1

Need to keep the three tall forwards on the park at the same time for many weeks to achieve that fear. We are struggling with Dawes and Clark ATM.

Classic MFC. As soon as there is a ray of hope (Clark and Dawes), our dreams are dashed by injury.

People need to calm down and read the detail in the article.

Consider this statement from the article and you will realise that the $500k payments can not be made until his third season:

"Players are locked into minimum wages for the first two years of their stay at an AFL club, ranging between $70,000 and $100,000, depending on match payments." (http://www.news.com.au/sport/afl/jesse-hogan-in-line-for-big-pay-rise-as-battling-demons-look-to-lock-in-star-in-making/story-fndv8pdq-1226662745291)

So Hogan will be paid between $70,000 - $100,000 in years one and two, then up to $500,000 from years 3-5. Now ask yourself, do you consider him possibly a better player than Dawes in three years time, who is currently earning around the $500k per annum mark according to reports?

If the answer is yes, then get on board this deal. Its fantastic for the club, and also a fantastic message for the club to send supporters and sponsors that there is some stability and promise ahead for the future.

Edited by pm24
  • Like 6

People need to calm down and read the detail in the article.

Consider this statement from the article and you will realise that the $500k payments can not be made until his third season:

"Players are locked into minimum wages for the first two years of their stay at an AFL club, ranging between $70,000 and $100,000, depending on match payments." (http://www.news.com.au/sport/afl/jesse-hogan-in-line-for-big-pay-rise-as-battling-demons-look-to-lock-in-star-in-making/story-fndv8pdq-1226662745291)

So Hogan will be paid between $70,000 - $100,000 in years one and two, then up to $500,000 from years 3-5. Now ask yourself, do you consider him possibly a better player than Dawes in three years time, who is currently earning around the $500k per annum mark according to reports?

If the answer is yes, then get on board this deal. Its fantastic for the club, and also a fantastic message for the club to send supporters and sponsors that there is some stability and promise ahead for the future.

How dare you bring your logic into this mad house!

Please stop it and put your strait jacket back on, and then resume rocking back and forth muttering "Mark Neeld broke it...Mark Neeld broke it..." immediately.

Thank-you.

straitjacket.gif

Edited by The Song Formerly Known As
  • Like 1

How dare you bring your logic into this mad house!

Please stop it and put your strait jacket back on, and then resume rocking back and forth muttering "Mark Neeld broke it...Mark Neeld broke it..." immediately.

Thank-you.

straitjacket.gif

You've got too much time on your hands Song. Obviously finished your reports.

Need to secure this kid!

i agree.... But we have reasonable midfielders.... We just have to wait for them to mature..... Wouldn't hurt to pinch a gun in the mean time though.... Edited by tatu

As supporters lose hope, it becomes even more important we lock Jesse in long term.

Question now is if he would want to, and would his manager advise signing long term with such a rabble?

What Manager with half a brain would encourage this kid to sign with the MFC beyond 2014.

IMO the MFC will really need to show some big improvements in 2014 to keep this kid.

That is the position our club is in at present.

Ask yourself one question if you were Hogan would you want to be part of this years team?

• Like 1

What Manager with half a brain would encourage this kid to sign with the MFC beyond 2014.

IMO the MFC will really need to show some big improvements in 2014 to keep this kid.

Ask yourself one question if you were Hogan would you want to be part of this years team?

If his manager's getting a cut of a fat contract, he would be.

• Like 1

He's here for 2015 aswell.

But I agree with your premise.

I would love for us to not mention the kid outside of the team sheet every week and our pitch to him staying would surround our ability to give him a good life in Melbourne and support him as a footballer, and not "We want you to stay because you are our hope for salvation!!"

Absolutely I would. My competative side would be itching to get out there and contribute to the team that wants me so much.

My mail is he is very happy at the MFC, especially the faith the FD have in him, wants Neeld to stay and is waiting to see before extending.

• Like 2

Absolutely I would. My competative side would be itching to get out there and contribute to the team that wants me so much.

My mail is he is very happy at the MFC, especially the faith the FD have in him, wants Neeld to stay and is waiting to see before extending.

Have heard that about a couple of our of contact players; they may not leave if Neeld leaves but they want to see what IS happening before committing.

TS wanted to be a one club player.

That did not last long

The MFC needs to improve on and off the field to give the kid some hope for the future.

Add about five others to that list.