Essendon

Port

Gold Coast

Richmond

GWS

West Coast

Brisbane

1 hour ago, Freddy Fuschia said:

The heart always says I want Collingwood to lose but what result is the best for Melbourne?

If you think we can go on a winning streak you want Collingwood to win by around 25 points and MFC to win by 30.

That would probably see us overtake both Collingwood and Geelong

• Like 4

2 hours ago, praha said:

Who I want to win, and who my tips are.

Geelong (want to win)

Geelong (tip)

Freo

Freo

North

Sydney

Carlton

Carlton

Adelaide

St Kilda

Melbourne

Essendon

Port

Gold Coast

Richmond

GWS

West Coast

Brisbane

Why want Port to win? They are ahead of us and GC will only win 10/11 games at most. 

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, whatwhat say what said:

who i'm tipping:

• puddy tatts
  • flagmantle
  • bloods
  • baggers
  • crom
  • them
  • pear
  • gw$
  • bears

who i'd like:

• filth or draw, probably draw
  • dorks
  • bloods
  • footscray
  • aints
  • us
  • pear
  • tigs
  • meth coke

Been meaning to ask for an explanation of these monikers for ages: 'Crom', Flagmantle' and 'Pear'.

• Like 2

I hope the Pussycatos are hungry and ready for action and hope they totally blitz the Filth!

Edited by picket fence
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, Timothy Reddan-A'Blew said:

Been meaning to ask for an explanation of these monikers for ages: 'Crom', Flagmantle' and 'Pear'.

I believe Crom originated from a typo in a forum somewhere years back, and the footy-posting public got hold of it and it got legs.  Not 100% sure though.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, BigFez said:

I believe Crom originated from a typo in a forum somewhere years back, and the footy-posting public got hold of it and it got legs.  Not 100% sure though.

a la the ‘Bombres’ on their run through one year. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Pies V Cats is a tough one.  Both average teams in average form but can look good on their day

At the G, I'd probably go for the Pies

14 minutes ago, Timothy Reddan-A'Blew said:

I believe Flagmantle is taking the mickey as they haven't won one yet

Pear is the bogan way Port fans yell Poowwaaa.  Ends up sounding like Pear sort of?

I'm not a fan on the monikers tbh

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, DubDee said:

I believe Flagmantle is taking the mickey as they haven't won one yet

Pear is the bogan way Port fans yell Poowwaaa.  Ends up sounding like Pear sort of?

I'm not a fan on the monikers tbh

😄

Or, I wondered, a dig at Peter Bell's perennial claims?

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, Sir Why You Little said:

I have tipped The Demons 

Just got a feeling…..

we are almost paying $3 under 40 points. great odds!

Bombers have only beaten one decent team all year. we’ll smash em!

6 minutes ago, DubDee said:

we are almost paying $3 under 40 points. great odds!

Bombers have only beaten one decent team all year. we’ll smash em!

We still have a lot of good players out there tomorrow, those players all need to lift for each other 

contest the ball, hard…

• Like 2

Collingwood v Geelong games are tough - I hate wanting either side to win. But in this instance I think we want Geelong - I doubt we can catch Geelong given their fixture (Collingwood, the Dogs and Fremantle are the only relevant sides they have, the rest being North, Adelaide, St Kilda and West Coast), so I'd rather sink losses into Collingwood to keep us above them.

We won't catch Carlton so we definitely want them to beat the Dogs (and handsomely too if possible).

Gold Coast v Port is another tough one. We'll likely have to beat both to make finals. Can GC find 4 wins out of GWS (away), Brisbane, West Coast (away), Essendon (away) and Richmond (away)? If not, we want them to beat Port to try to keep us closer to Port.

Outside of our game, a Richmond upset over GWS would be the best result of the weekend, though.

1 hour ago, Timothy Reddan-A'Blew said:

crom - cos the crows mistakenly printed 'go the crom' on official merch once and it's stuck with their fanbase; they've even produced merch mocking themselves about it, i believe

flagmantle - it's the aspirational name their own fanbase gave to themselves in the year they got beaten by the hawks in the grand final in the mid 2010s; meth coke fans call them 'flogmantle' in response

pear - cos their fans all sound like they're saying 'carn the pear' when they say 'carn the power' and it has, like the crom, been adopted by their own fanbase as a term of affection for the team

• Thanks 2

13 minutes ago, whatwhat say what said:

crom - cos the crows mistakenly printed 'go the crom' on official merch once and it's stuck with their fanbase; they've even produced merch mocking themselves about it, i believe

flagmantle - it's the aspirational name their own fanbase gave to themselves in the year they got beaten by the hawks in the grand final in the mid 2010s; meth coke fans call them 'flogmantle' in response

pear - cos their fans all sound like they're saying 'carn the pear' when they say 'carn the power' and it has, like the crom, been adopted by their own fanbase as a term of affection for the team

Pies fanbase not so inclined, however?...

Screenshot_20240712_172612_Messages.jpg

Edited by Timothy Reddan-A'Blew
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

I’ve no respect for people who don’t pick their team in the footy tipping. I’ve picked Melbourne every game since 1986.

In our comp there’s a North supporter and she’s dead last because she picks them every round. I know who to call when I need a loyal friend though - and everyone was so pumped for her last weekend.

Some of you should be ashamed. 😂

Bloody heck

Do we need a draw or apocalyptic zombie attack tonight?

Who to follow?

Pies to win and even the comp but I keep thinking of Gus.

Zombie attack it is then.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, leave it to deever said:

Bloody heck

Do we need a draw or apocalyptic zombie attack tonight?

Who to follow?

Pies to win and even the comp but I keep thinking of Gus.

Zombie attack it is then.

Don’t ever say “pies to win”

tonight Maynard will be taken out 

• Clap 1