PODCAST: Rd 17 vs West Coast

The Demonland Podcast will not be LIVE on this week. Binman will do his regular stats files segment and will preview the upcoming Essendon match but will not be taking any questions this week.

I will post the show here once I receive Binman's stats files. You can also find it wherever you get your podcasts from.

We will return in our regular format once I return after the Dockers match.

IMG_4177.png

• Like 2
  • Thanks 3

1 minute ago, ElDiablo14 said:

Just how great JVR is?

Looking forward to the next 5 years of him 🤤🤤

And on a similar topic, how good our fwd structure looked with the inclusion of Melksham?

I can't see Petty going back to the fwd line, I'd rather have him back with May and Lever.

• Like 2

Do you think we free Lever up a bit more against the bombers? I think he gets exposed as a 1v1 defender which is where he seemed to find himself a few times against the Eagles.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, binman said:

We're on?

Apologies. It was a preloaded post. We are not on this week.

@binman will be doing his stats files and previewing the Essendon match but will not be taking questions.

We'll be back in our regular format after the Dockers game.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Sad 1

6 hours ago, whatwhat say what said:

cmon @binman, take some q's!

who is the most promising of our 22 and under brigade and who will end up the best player? deep dive into stats may be required

I can take that one. Have already run the numbers on one young gun.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Love 1

Posted (edited)

Binman made a great point on the postgame or pregame thread that if AMW can prove to be a guy to take the dangerous small forwards then Judd McVee can move further up the ground where his great foot skills and ball use can be utilised even further. 

With crisis comes opportunity and the chance is now there for younger guys to gain exposure in the middle. As crazy as it sounds, could Trac going down end up being the best thing that could have happened for us in terms of re-shaping our midfield?

Edited by layzie
  • Like 8

With the exception of Sydney Swans who seem to be faltering and North who are improving,is this the most even comp you have seen?

• Like 4

On 07/07/2024 at 15:48, ElDiablo14 said:

Just how great JVR is?

Looking forward to the next 5 years of him 🤤🤤

5 ??? 10 - 15 I hope

On 07/07/2024 at 17:14, Demonland said:

Apologies. It was a preloaded post. We are not on this week.

@binman will be doing his stats files and previewing the Essendon match but will not be taking questions.

We'll be back in our regular format after the Dockers game.

And I thought that the comment "we are on" was in reference to our season in the context of "loading" or preparation.

21 hours ago, layzie said:

Why did it take it take so long to run Rivers through the middle? Reaping the rewards now.

I think it was always in the pipeline but brought to a head by the loss of CP5 and the less than his usual stellar form of CO13.

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, monoccular said:

5 ??? 10 - 15 I hope

And I thought that the comment "we are on" was in reference to our season in the context of "loading" or preparation.

I think it was always in the pipeline but brought to a head by the loss of CP5 and the less than his usual stellar form of CO13.

I wish we had extended his contract longer but only five years, at least for now.

• Like 1

23 hours ago, layzie said:

Binman made a great point on the postgame or pregame thread that if AMW can prove to be a guy to take the dangerous small forwards then Judd McVee can move further up the ground where his great foot skills and ball use can be utilised even further. 

With crisis comes opportunity and the chance is now there for younger guys to gain exposure in the middle. As crazy as it sounds, could Trac going down end up being the best thing that could have happened for us in terms of re-shaping our midfield?

PS: Maybe save this one for a later ep. 

• Like 1
  • Love 1

A question for Binners

Who should come in for Max given the change to the ruck rules?

Do we need a run with ruck as we got taken to the cleaners when essendon played us in adelaide

Is Fullarton and  Shache basically the same?

Cheers

Shane

• Like 2

5 hours ago, defuture15 said:

A question for Binners

Who should come in for Max given the change to the ruck rules?

Do we need a run with ruck as we got taken to the cleaners when essendon played us in adelaide

Is Fullarton and  Shache basically the same?

Cheers

Shane

“Is Fullarton and  Shache basically the same?”

Well I think we all know about Schache as does the FD; Fullarton at least at AFL level 2024 is unknown   I would think that the unknown unknown is better than the known known (to paraphrase Donald Rumsfeld (I think it’s was him)

• Haha 2

Thanks @binman - loved the solo pod. Never enough dees content for my week, especially  after a win - a great listen 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

26 minutes ago, DemonWA said:

Thanks @binman - loved the solo pod. Never enough dees content for my week, especially  after a win - a great listen 

Thanks DW. I listened back to the first 20 minutes and i thought it sounded like a footy version of the bbc shipping forecast.

I thought I might channel my inner cornes, get ansty and do a binman's rant segment.

• Like 1
  • Love 1
  • Haha 4

1 hour ago, binman said:

Thanks DW. I listened back to the first 20 minutes and i thought it sounded like a footy version of the bbc shipping forecast.

I thought I might channel my inner cornes, get ansty and do a binman's rant segment.

just make sure you upload as a separate pod - the more bite-sized morsels you make, the better for the sponsors

• Haha 1

Brilliant solo effort Bin.  Loved the stats, loved the analysis and loved the predictions.  Both interesting and entertaining! ………. Go ‘Redleggers’!

• Thanks 2