Frawley and Garland

DeeZee

Part of our problem is we are picking guys like these two who are sadly in very poor form.

We are just hoping they come good but its just not happening.

Inflated Reputations mean nothing now.

If they do this club is dead.

Example: Jack Watts is no longer a number one draft pick.

He is a player who got 2 kicks for the day in his last game

& had no influence.

Reputations are in tatters right now.

Edited by why you little

I am not a fan of Garland's at all. I'd rather play Joel Macdonald than him, simply because we know that Macdonald will screw up because of skill errors, not a total lack of intensity. Garlo's just about at the bottom of my list now that Brent Moloney's gone.

Frawley? I don't know what's going on with him. Is he just marking the hours until he can move to a real club, or has he just fallen victim to his early success and AA nomination? Who knows, but just like Garland his intensity is way below the level it should be.

• Like 4

Garland is being played out of position as a small defender. He should be played on KPF where he has an advantage in agility. While he doesn’t provide the run required from a small defender, his run is an advantage on larger opponents.

Frawley is just sick of playing in this crap, that what I see.

Garland has taken to playing like Cam Bruce. No spirit or fight or courage in his game. He hospital handballs and kicks sideways and doesn't defend well anyway.

They are both in the leadership group as well, surely they must start leading on the field.

I'm glad someone brought these two up in a separate thread.

Garland just doesn't possess the urgency and intensity required to be a backman at AFL level. He is unaccountable all too often and is a very dumb player.

Frawley is just a dumb player and doesn't think enough. He has the body, the agility, the marking and spoiling ability but he is just soooo stupid. He just does not think at times and has brain fades all too often.

Again, it's as if it's all too natural for them to play this way. It's ingrained.

• Like 1

Would someone be able to tell me why, at every kick-in, Frawley, a 6 ft 5" gorilla that would be a pretty handy marking target, sits in the back pocket waiting for the quick kick in?

He is close to the worst kick at the club and rather than providing a marking target on the opposite flank to Jamar, he sits in the pocket and tries to get involved as a distributor of the ball.

The opposition must lick their lips.

I go yesterday and watch the likes of Burgoyne and Mitchell wait in the pockets for the Hawks.

It is Under 10 stuff.

• Like 2

This is the problem, if these guys and others like Jamar,Watts, etc play anywhere near their best we are then in the contest.

But what is it that has made so many of them lose confidence and ability overnight?

Edited by DeeZee
  • Like 1

I am not a fan of Garland's at all. I'd rather play Joel Macdonald than him, simply because we know that Macdonald will screw up because of skill errors, not a total lack of intensity. Garlo's just about at the bottom of my list now that Brent Moloney's gone.

Frawley? I don't know what's going on with him. Is he just marking the hours until he can move to a real club, or has he just fallen victim to his early success and AA nomination? Who knows, but just like Garland his intensity is way below the level it should be.

If this is true of Frawley it is an absolute disgrace, what are we paying him for? just to keep in shape till he can move somewhere else

Where is Neil Craig in all this?

Not a word!

What the hell is his view?

Is he giving informnation to the board?

As I understand that is the line of responsibility.

What does the Football Department Board member think?

Nothing from him either.

A lot of people saying nothing it looks like to me!

• Like 3

Not a word!

Nothing from him either.

its all very quite today OD, i think they have been told to bunker down and concentrate on football this week (my thought anyway). No press conferences, no social media just self reflection and football would be a great start, lets hope Neeld is brushing up on Game day coaching 101 as he got taken to school by Port's third choice coach yesterday!

• Like 1

Iam sure Frawleys efforts will be scrutinized as will everyone elses. i would like to see Garland play up forward he has done some decent things there in the past and would provide a bit of support for clark and co... Frawley I think needs to play in the 2's for a game or two until he can learn to lift his intensity. He seems to think he can waltz around the field instead of running, shows poor judgement and poor disposal at times.

• Like 1

Not a word!

Nothing from him either.

Right, so let's sack the lot of them ...

Oh ... what's that you say?

Craig has spoken? Really?

Well, sack the lot of them anyway!

I must be the only one who thought Chippa played alright the other day. At least not as poorly as some people make out. EDIT. Apparently I missed some of his chasing.

Edited by AdamFarr

I have had a gutful of apologists for Frawley and Garland. FFS they are both experienced AFL players in our leadership group. If they can't play at the right intensity then [censored] off.

These two have been in the system for long enough...no more bloody excuses.

If either of them cannot make the required effort on game day, then send them back to VFL.

This is not rocket science.

• Like 1

Why have Frawley ( A A ), Garland, Maloney ( Club B&F ), Jamar ( A A) , Gone from Champs in 2010/11 to chumps in 2013?

What has changed?

Attitudes have changed in Garland and Frawley for sure.. They look and play dumb on the field...Frawley is far too slow for the modern game and thinks too slowly... I said this in another thread to do with last Sunday's game. Not new to me. NEITHER are attacking Defenders and are too slow to get back and cover their man when they actually DO venture past the half back line (rare) The modern game demands speed and alertness when the ball is quickly rebounded. Garland actually came to the Dees from Tassie as a handy forward and was actually played there for a couple of games last year.. He knows how to kick a goal and would probably serve the club better up forward, IF kept there for a few more games.If that doesn't succeed then goodbye is the next step..

Iam sure Frawleys efforts will be scrutinized as will everyone elses. i would like to see Garland play up forward he has done some decent things there in the past and would provide a bit of support for clark and co... Frawley I think needs to play in the 2's for a game or two until he can learn to lift his intensity. He seems to think he can waltz around the field instead of running, shows poor judgement and poor disposal at times.

ALL THE TIME , not just at times... He is lazy and appears to me like another Melbourne player who knows he is going to get a game regardless and pick up an easy pay cheque... Too many of them in our Team... Coaches and Selectors fault ???

It's about time these two non tryers or sub par players (whether it be both or one or the other) came under closer scrutiny from the FD. I think they have been getting away with pathetic performances for more than two seasons. How the hell do they get a game week after week when it is so obvious to me and many shite stirring supporters from other clubs whom I have to continually put up with. All can see it except the selectors ...OBVIOUSLY.!!!. Frawley delivers the ball to the opposition far too often and never follows up when he loses the ball and Garland seems to have no peripheral vision and is too slow to make a decision when he actually gets his hands on the ball. Surely it doesn't take someone like me to highlight these things. The replays are there for all on the coaching staff to see. Have a look at Frawleys laziness in the replay of Last Sundays game. There are plenty of blatant examples.. Play him in the VFL for a spell or forever , for that matter..p.s. Even his own uncle while commenting on Fox Footy on Sunday had occasion to criticize him on his poor efforts..