MELBOURNE v PORT ADELAIDE - PREGAME

Demonland

Just announced on the MFC website that Toumpas, Viney & Jones will all debut for the Dees on Sunday! Nice!!

Great ..... now I'm even more pumped!!

Just announced on the MFC website that Toumpas, Viney & Jones will all debut for the Dees on Sunday! Nice!!

Good news Vagg

By the way have you found the directions to your clock yet?

I didn't think we were allowed to announce such things any more? doesn't everything have to go via Channel 7 news or something stupid now? I recall the coaches last year were all very careful not to mention things on penalty of a fine.

I didn't think we were allowed to announce such things any more? doesn't everything have to go via Channel 7 news or something stupid now? I recall the coaches last year were all very careful not to mention things on penalty of a fine.

That may have been before the AFL developed it's media unit.

They have their own rules.

The first one is

"we do whatever we want"

That may have been before the AFL developed it's media unit.

They have their own rules.

The first one is

"we do whatever we want"

Rightio,

I personally think it is the right of the club and club coach to be able to announce new players, or players getting their first game.... it's an exciting time for that player, their family and the club.

To have to release such information to the schedule of the media partners... that's bollocks.

• Like 1

They may be allowed to announce debutants earlier as long as they don't name the final 22.....? Or perhaps they sought permission for announcing debutants earlier??

It's stated the selected side will be announced at 6:20pm tonight.

They may be allowed to announce debutants earlier as long as they don't name the final 22.....? Or perhaps they sought permission for announcing debutants earlier??

It's stated the selected side will be announced at 6:20pm tonight.

ahhh yup, so announcing the team (where they play etc) is perhaps more the issue here.

Sounds like the more warning we can give the Toumpas family that he is going to debut, the better the attendance figure on Sunday will be ;)

Ollie wines just sh!t himself.

................................................................................

I for one plan to give the boys everything i got on Sunday.

It's time for the Phoenix to finally emerge from the fire....It's time to start winning. Lets start by kicking the Power's ass back over the border where it belongs!

CARN THE MIGHTY DEMONS!.

Good post Rusty. I reckon 'Big Poppa' is spot on ........ many in our ranks are too dour and and negative. It's the start of a new season Christ's goodness sake. Get on the bandwagon and enjoy the ride! Really looking forward to us all joining in a thunderous rendition of the Grand Old Flag post match at the G on Sunday.

I tipped port aswell.. I just think we will be too underdone and plus I think there midfield is far better then ours.. But please Melbourne prove me wrong!!

We've been training since October - how on earth can we be underdone - nothing like having excuses at the ready - we're playing Port at home - could not have asked for a better start - new season new start - take it !
  • Like 3

Good news Vagg

By the way have you found the directions to your clock yet?

Hey, Ole Fella! I thought that little joke had "timed out"...??

Viney, Toumpas, Jones, Pederson, Rodan, Byrnes and Gillies. 7 new players.

I would suggest that says an awful lot about how the football department rates our drafting and development prior to their arrival.

No mention of Dawes so he didn't come up.

I'm kind of looking forward to Sunday now. Young blood and some bigger bodies. Should at least be different.

Just tweeted by MFC: "Fun fact: On Sunday, we'll have the most debutantes since 1921"

Interestingly, that tweet no long exists... wonder if they were jumping the gun (official team announcement time being 6:30pm).

No idea why it's Pedo and Gillies over Sellar and Terlich but have to trust their judgement. Pre-season performances told a different story.

7 debutants. Gonna be a big challenge to get the win.

V. top heavy, although Schulz, Westoff and Butcher for Port could mean we have to...

I believe Butcher is not returning until round 2.