Watts almost traded?

DeeZee

I have it on authority that the club believes Watts will get there so I doubt Denham's comments. Denham HATES the dees. Hates to the point where its personal.

he does not hate the DEES. He got stuck into us on SEN one day and got a reaction on talkback and it grew from there. he now just runs with it to get a reation on radio and fan forums etc all in an attempt to make himself relevent. there are plenty of other hacks who would be lining up to replace his slot on KB's show, so he needs to keep up the charade it's "his thing" just like RObbos is pretending to be angry. Other than that what else is Denham? a dime a dozen "journalist" who can be easliy replaced

This applies to 90% of the AFL media all just trying to ensure they keep their jobs by saying/writing making up controversial stuff for the primary purpose of creating a reaction to keep themselves in a job.

Edited by Bates Mate
  • Like 6

I think the reason why these journalistic hacks tend to [censored] us (though some of it is deserved) and ignore the 'power clubs' is yet again a question of access. Let's take Collingwood for example. There are rumors that one of their biggest players is running off the rails and one of their younger players has been done for assault. Eddie McGuire is the head of that organization and theoretically, some of the blame should sit with him. Would Denham or Caro ever suggest that? No, because they know that Eddie knows how the media game is played and while some people take a shot at him occasionally over his ego, they will never go in as hard as they do against us or the Roos. In the bigger scheme of things, we are irrelevant when compared to Collingwood. Only when the poo really hits the fan will they roast them as they really have no other recourse. When it is a slow news day, we cop the short end of the stick.

Access isn't a problem. Neil Craig held a 15 min presser that was basically an update on training, boxing day beerathon and the tanking issue. I think a journo went up for a day or two as part of the 'Dees in Darwin' training camp and did a spread on that as couple of examples.

It was nothing more than Denham doing some troll work, and solid work it is.

Look forward to more of it before we get any good on the park, and our house in order off it.

he does not hate the DEES. He got stuck into us on SEN one day and got a reaction on talkback and it grew from there. he now just runs with it to get a reation on radio and fan forums etc all in an attempt to make himself relevent. there are plenty of other hacks who would be lining up to replace his slot on KB's show, so he needs to keep up the charade it's "his thing" just like RObbos is pretending to be angry. Other than that what else is Denham? a dime a dozen "journalist" who can be easliy replaced

This applies to 90% of the AFL media all just trying to ensure they keep their jobs by saying/writing making up controversial stuff for the primary purpose of creating a reaction to keep themselves in a job.

Nah mate he goes the extra mile - you can hear the contempt in his voice when he calls us a 'rabble' or a 'joke'. He has from the start. being a regulor SEN listener I remember when it all started and it started not because he was just reporting or commenting on the dees, but because he said that we were a 'rabble' and a 'joke' and that we would never had success.

As much as I recognise that Melbourne supporters ridiculously overrate Watts, I doubt there's any veracity to Denham's claims. After investing 4 years into him and with his best footy around the corner why would the club speculate on a kid with a second round pick ?

It doesn't make sense. And if it doesn't make sense it didn't happen.

more info please. all i know about this is what i read here

Swan said the story was absolute BS that Carlton had approached or were even interested in Jack Watts, he was really annoyed about the story and put Denham right back in his box. Now Denham has backed down and said it was Malthouse that had shown some interest, not Carlton. Well Malthouse was one of Jack's mentors last year under the blessing of Mark Neeld so go figure that one.

As for the current story I think 'Ben' is on the money.

• Like 2

Denham has a grudge with CS as he stated that CS was rude and dismissive of him some time ago....He admitted this on SEN once but has never repeated it....Just keeps bagging the club......I know why posters get get into a 'tis about his comments but he really does have to 'toughen up Princess'.......If all jurnos had this attitude nothing would be reported as no one would talk to each other....

Not according to Greg Swan.

You're right. I forgot he hosed it down on radio as pure BS.

Thanks for the reminder.

• Like 1

Unfortunately while we're at the bottom of the table we'll be an easy target for bullies like Denham, Caro and Barrett.

The club can put themselves in a position where any journalist that takes cheap pot shots, makes themselves look foolish, by winning more games and establishing a long term culture of success. I believe the current FD knows this and that is what they are focussed on.

As long as the club as a whole remains focussed on what they can control, I'll be satisfied and the gutter journos can say what they like.

Looking forward to Jack playing this season down back. I guess it didn't take long for Denham to commence throwing his powder puff grenades at Melbourne in 2013.

Who could forget Swan calling in last year to give KB & Denham a serve re: the Carlton-Watts exclusive Denham put forward.

Here's the thing, if he's not trying to be interesting or getting a raise out of callers ie.Melbourne Bears, what good is he? Ignore him.

• Like 3

I cant wait to meet this nobody and just give him absolute verbal trashing.

Only problem is ill need to carry around a picture of him because I dont no what the hell he looks like.

You can't miss him mate he looks like a pelican.By the way did he pass sentence on the tanking pantomine or is he awaiting kero's return?

The difference between Caro and Denham - Caro has runs on the board, is intelligent and widely read. She has the supreme talent of blending a heavy dose of opinion with a pinch of fact and coming up with an exclusive. I find her dangerous because she has the one attribute that Denham doesnt have - many people take Caro seriously. I have yet to hear the word "respected" ever put before the word journalist when it comes to Denham the dill. He doesnt anger me as he is irrelevant as a reporter or commentator on all things football.

Ha Ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha....

Watts....Trade.....Nth....laughable...

Denham knows we all hate him....he also knows we (Demon Supporters/Members) will listen( I dont) to his BS rants so then we vent which inturn gives the mob he works for the ratings which makes him look good!

Just switch off people!

Watts to have a stellar year now that he's finding his niche & confidence!

Watts was mentioned in dispatches during trade week. I would seriously doubt we would let him go for a second rounder, but no player is indispensable, every player has his price. If Richmond said "we'll give you Cotchin for Watts" you'd take it.

That's why reporting on AFL trades is cheap copy. Any player can get mentioned without any chance of return fire.

• Like 1

The difference between Caro and Denham - Caro has runs on the board, is intelligent and widely read. She has the supreme talent of blending a heavy dose of opinion with a pinch of fact and coming up with an exclusive. I find her dangerous because she has the one attribute that Denham doesnt have - many people take Caro seriously. I have yet to hear the word "respected" ever put before the word journalist when it comes to Denham the dill. He doesnt anger me as he is irrelevant as a reporter or commentator on all things football.

The difference is Caroline is an award winning journalist with many fans and runs on the board, and Denham is KB's lacky and has no fans. Big big difference. He is very much the quintessential Gollum of the media looking for precious exclusives.

• Like 1

Watts was mentioned in dispatches during trade week. I would seriously doubt we would let him go for a second rounder, but no player is indispensable, every player has his price. If Richmond said "we'll give you Cotchin for Watts" you'd take it.

That's why reporting on AFL trades is cheap copy. Any player can get mentioned without any chance of return fire.

I have not seen Viney or Toumpas yet play an AFL game but consider them and Mitch Clark off limits, but Richmond would not target Clark.

Cotchin to me is worth a hell of a lot and there isn't much I would not give up for him. IMO he is a genuine star in the making and is next in line to take the mantle as Number 1 player in the competition.

• Like 1

I really hate the current trend in footy that makes journalists into TV and radio stars. Too many journalists overstate their importance - they are observers for goodness sake, and are are paid to find information and report it. Robbo, Caro, that dick from the footy show with those stupid glasses, Denham, Patrick Smith. All of them should lower their public profile and do their jobs with intelligence and integrity. All of them have their "bunnies" - either player or club - but Denham is NEVER positive. He has some life issues that cause him to vent his spleen on any occasion, and his pathetic stand off with Cameron Shwab is adolescent. I would not allow my teenage boys to drip vitriol like that.

I know the ABC commentary can be dray at times, but I listen to them because of Gerard Whately, Drew Morphett, Stan Alves etc... they enjoy a low profile and don't try and lift it by bringing players or clubs lower.

• Like 5