AFL investigation

deegirl

Guest José Mourinho

I bet you Adrian Hyland reads demonland.

That article is basically a compilation of a portion of the more considered posts in this very thread.

Edited by José Mourinho

Guest José Mourinho

The latter exactly.

It's so vague and subjective, anything the AFL finds unpalatable, they just slide it into that category.

It's a rubbish charge.

CS, CC and DB have also been charged with 'bringing the game into disrepute'. Is this a specific regulation under AFL rules, or is this just a clause that can be applied when nothing else fits?

No one has actually been charged yet. If they are to be formally charged, it will be after the AFL Commission, at a future meeting, studies the investigator's files and considers Melbourne's response.

At the moment, all we really have is the equivalent of a prosecutor's brief going to the DPP. There's a lot of water to pass under the bridge before formal proceedings.

• Like 2

No one has actually been charged yet. If they are to be formally charged, it will be after the AFL Commission, at a future meeting, studies the investigator's files and considers Melbourne's response.

At the moment, all we really have is the equivalent of a prosecutor's brief going to the DPP. There's a lot of water to pass under the bridge before formal proceedings.

yes apologies. Just shows how vague this is at the moment. I've done an edit that hopefully is more correct.

Edited by DirtyDees DDC

yes apologies. Just shows how vague this is is at the moment. I've done an edit that hopefully is more correct.

More and more its looking like a media fiasco agreed upon by all parties (except us) to keep AFL in the papers during cricket season .Other clubs are happy to watch us cop flack,with very few coming out to support in the media.

In the end we will be exonerated and the AFL will tighten the rules that encourage the bottom few to play their best available teams each week ,regardless of age ,ladder position ,niggles etc.

With free agency now in place and the New Fake teams established ,there will be little incentive to rest older players and hunt for draft concessions .

Sydney have proven that mature aged players can do the job given a good environment .(and a bigger salary cap)

The main thing for the AFL is that it will want to make the game appear as clean as possible .

I dont believe we tried to tarnish the game either-we were just really inconsistent .

Paul Roos just got a shock when we ended his career that day on the G.

We will not go down just because "On the Couch" and our Kero ,Robbo,Brock and other hacks have a gripe with us.

Edited by Biffen

Apologies if this has been covered ( been away)

Speaking of "bringing the game into disrepute" - what about the AFL invesigators who leaked info to a journalist : did they not bring the game into disrepute and is this action not what created the furore that caused the disrepute?

...and whoever leaked the stuff about Aaron Davey and Mark Neeld last year. That was a disgrace, friends in high places.

• Like 1

It was a poor self serving misrepresentation of what Fan was saying. And you have been rightly pinned for it

His subsequent response to you would plainly indicated where he was focussed and it wasnt what you were claiming. For someone who melodramatically and repeated carried on with "surely" in response to Fan's post either has a narrow mind or is just ignorant.

I'd respond to this, but you wouldn't listen anyway, and then you'd carry on with your unending tirade of 'I'm-holier-than-thou' rubbish.

Edited by titan_uranus
  • Like 5

More and more its looking like a media fiasco agreed upon by all parties (except us) to keep AFL in the papers during cricket season .Other clubs are happy to watch us cop flack,with very few coming out to support in the media.

If this is part of the thinking, likely, then they would have planned it for quite some time, before August last year (2012) to workout details & how to use the media without the media knowing, (cough)????

If this is a planned pantomime, the planning would have started last preseason sometime, to workout the finer points & to make arrangements?

&, the pantomime would have been organised to take place during the off season (airing of dirty linen), keeping the press busy on AFL stuff, But would surely have been planned to die down prior to this coming Pre Season footy competition which approaches.

They may get our response to the prosecutions preamble, & the AFL Commission may take some time to reply to our response. But eventually IMO this will die down from exhaustion & boredom.

That was his break out game if i recall.

Yep - so experimenting with players/list management is tanking even if the moves come off??? The AFL would want to hope there's more "evidence" than what has leaked so far if they pursue charges (which isnt confirmed yet BTW) because even an amateur supporter, let alone a qualified legal mind, would rip this investigation/allegations to shreds in half an hour.

I'd respond to this, but you wouldn't listen anyway, and then you'd carry on with your unending tirade of 'I'm-holier-than-thou' rubbish.

I think RR must be a drama teacher. He seems to call many out for being melodramatic. I also remember RR calling many melodramatic when the tanking investigation started. He thought this issue to be a beat up and would not go anywhere.

Speaking of "bringing the game into disrepute" - what about the AFL invesigators who leaked info to a journalist : did they not bring the game into disrepute and is this action not what created the furore that caused the disrepute?

At this point, its not clear where the leaks are coming from. They could be from the AFL and/or the Club.

But you did. Its ironic that you complain about not been listened to when you misrepresented another poster views.

He thought this issue to be a beat up and would not go anywhere.

And where has it gone so far? What has been proven? Its an issue the AFL did not want to deal with initially and their busy trying to reverse engineer an outcome thats good for them.

And this thread has been a turgid example of hyperbole in absence of actual facts as to where the investigation is at and what actual evidence to back any outcomes.

Rhino, This has gone on for 6 months. The damage is far wider than the investigation itself. It has gone as far as the club and individuals hiring legal advise. Its more than a media beat up, as you origanally thought.

You will fight this to the death, if you are true to form. Even sometimes you get things wrong.

• Like 1

I bet you Adrian Hyland reads demonland.

That article is basically a compilation of a portion of the more considered posts in this very thread.

Hey Jose - you're right - I am a regular reader, but rarely post - do a lot more over at Demonology - just wanted to get something in the press to restore some sense of balance to the outrageous reporting of this issue, and hopefully influence the AFL's considerations

One thing I should explain - (rather hastily) hastily wrote and submitted the article in a fit of pique over a month ago - had pretty well forgotten about it - didn't think they were going to publish it - credit to them for doing so, but I'd write something different now, having seen how pathetic the so-called evidence is. Fumbling the ball? Jeez...

Cheers

A

• Like 11

And where has it gone so far? What has been proven? Its an issue the AFL did not want to deal with initially and their busy trying to reverse engineer an outcome thats good for them.

And this thread has been a turgid example of hyperbole in absence of actual facts as to where the investigation is at and what actual evidence to back any outcomes.

Surely even you can you see the inconsistency here, where's your actual facts that show the AFL is trying to reverse engineer an outcome?

Which one is, it pick an option?

• Like 1

Hey Jose - you're right - I am a regular reader, but rarely post - do a lot more over at Demonology - just wanted to get something in the press to restore some sense of balance to the outrageous reporting of this issue, and hopefully influence the AFL's considerations

One thing I should explain - (rather hastily) hastily wrote and submitted the article in a fit of pique over a month ago - had pretty well forgotten about it - didn't think they were going to publish it - credit to them for doing so, but I'd write something different now, having seen how pathetic the so-called evidence is. Fumbling the ball? Jeez...

Cheers

A

What name do you use on Ology?

Sure as hell not IRW!

If it was IRW it would have been four times as long and made quarter the sense.

If it was TGR it would have mentioned Terry Wallet, Paul Roos and Darren Jolley; oh! and how all the supporters were/are peanuts.