First Delistings Announced

titan_uranus

some of the facebook comments are gold...

"We could have drafted Jack Darling instead of Lucas Cook... God I hope we've got some new recruiters for this year's draft"

" WTF? I can't believe we delisted Liam Jurrah."

" Are there going to be any players left in 2013 that we know??????"

" Give jai Sheehan another rookie spot. Deserves it. Melbourne needs more key position players."

"Why Liam Jurrah? I know hes upto no good but keep him away from his RIFF RAFF family/friends AND he could be BETTER footballer and ALLROUNDER. person in life in genreal. Any 2nd decisions? And letting "THE PUBLIC" decide as well and more CONSULTING to its TRUE SUPPORTERS & MEMBERS"

"Neald is a joke."

• Like 7

That's why Ricky P is in the leadership group and Bartam isn't! Attitude, Respect & Culture!

Ricky had none of those. Turn it up!

WTF.....Bartram is in the leadership group, Pettard is not.

On FB, Pettard has been linked to the filth, Cook to the dogs.

IN.

Viney, Barry, Burns, Dawes, Rodan, Pederson

pick 4 (wines.) pick 49, pick 53

pick 3 PSD

2014 Hogan

= 10 players in... not including Hogan

OUT.

Moloney. Jurrah. Green. Rivers. Gysberts. Morton. Martin. Cook. Bate. Petterd. Bennell. Lawrence. Williams. Sheahan

= 14 players out.(11 senior and 3 rookie)

would not be surprised to see magner and nicholson upgraded.

Leaving only two players on our rookie list.

makes 12 more to the senior list and 11 off (we had 37 this year so this should be fine rookie list goes from 7 to 2)

that makes 4 picks remaining (2 senior position max and 2-4 rookie list)

I think there will still be some more delistings.

Joel mac,

Jetta,

Bail

so with that by my count we have between 4 and 7 extra picks.

we may still get some players in the delisted free agency period. and then we have room to use picks either late in the draft, PDS or rookie draft to fill the last couple of rookie spots remaining.

I agree, it would have been line ball with Jetta and Davis. Petterd and Bate were absolute no brainers, I feel a bit embarrassed for those who can't see this. With our numbers the way they are now I don't think we'll see any further delistings.

• Like 2

I'd say the most depressing part about our delisting of Bate is that we could have gotten the Bulldogs 2nd round pick for him last season!!!

• Like 4

Guest José Mourinho

Are you kidding?!!?!

Why would we get rid of Bartram?

Clearly in our best 22 if he played every game he could this year, also the fact that he is in our leadership group. He is rated.

And it is the uneducated football supporters that want him gone. Neeld is a 'role player' coach. You have a role, fulfil it and you play. Bartram is one of the only players that gives a crack. If our 22 played with the same intensity that he plays with i would be a VERY happy supporter.

Ok genius, since you clearly don't read too carefully:

BARTRAM IS ONE OF THE PLAYERS OUT-OF-CONTRACT THAT HASN'T BEEN DELISTED.

That's all I said in reference to him.

But you also may not be aware that:

BARTRAM HAS HAD A DEGENERATIVE KNEE CONDITION FOR THE PAST FOUR YEARS.

He is now taking desperate measures in an effort to continue his career, i.e. putting on excess weight, to then have it removed via liposuction and injected into his knee in an experimental procedure.

Since the pain has become unbearable for him, if this does not work, as is likely, his career will come to an end.

• Like 1

Im a bit shattered to see BAte go. I always enjoyed him leading to get the ball then swing around on the left and just boot it in. Pettard is a no brainer. He could hardly get into our crap team last year. But with Dawes and Pederson coming into the team there are no spots in the team.

bennell I thought was good in patches but its unfortunate he did his knee towrds the end of the season.I assume Ridan could cover his spot. Couch is a youngster we need to persist with.

Those facebook comments about Jurrah are hilarious. Didnt these peanuts get the story that Jurrah quit and has moved to adelaide.

I reckon neeld would be feeling a bit better about this team. This is now his team and he has picked the players he wants and ditched the players we dont want. Last year he inherited a list Bailey left him and couldnt do to much.

Because both of these guys do something that those delisted guys don't. Do you want to know what that is? THEY HAVE A F#*KIN CRACK !!!!

perfectly said.

And that seems the attitiude Neeld will enforce.

Just maybe, a champion team can beat a team of champions.

Bate will find another club. Bit disappointed to see him go but Neeld knows what he is doing. Always liked when he marked it on the HFF and banged it inside 50, plus the clutch goal he kicked in the final against the Aints in 2006.

Reckon Jetta's 1%er against St Kilda in Round 20 that ended in a goal for Sellar got him over the line. The little fella sure has a crack.

On the rookie list, Nicholson and probably Pickles will get upgrades.

The fact his knee is completely shot might have something to do with it.

Then it's interesting that he hasn't been de-listed at this time.

For me personally, this is the best news to come from this announcement; that there must be hope for Bartram's knee.

No one else on the list can play his role (maybe Bail, at a stretch). He's fast, tough, accountable and can lock down on a opposition goal sneak or run with a hardrunning midfielder. He can also break lines. (He just needs to err towards feeding it off (to Watts, Strauss etc) rather than trying to hit a target up forward himself).

How are Jetta and Couch still on the list?

Pretty Simple they are hard and prepared to give 100% they provide depth and statement has been made after a year of the coach having a closer look. Without giving 100% and being hard at it you wont get a game in our side, Watts included

some of the facebook comments are gold...

"We could have drafted Jack Darling instead of Lucas Cook... God I hope we've got some new recruiters for this year's draft"

" WTF? I can't believe we delisted Liam Jurrah."

" Are there going to be any players left in 2013 that we know??????"

" Give jai Sheehan another rookie spot. Deserves it. Melbourne needs more key position players."

"Why Liam Jurrah? I know hes upto no good but keep him away from his RIFF RAFF family/friends AND he could be BETTER footballer and ALLROUNDER. person in life in genreal. Any 2nd decisions? And letting "THE PUBLIC" decide as well and more CONSULTING to its TRUE SUPPORTERS & MEMBERS"

"Neald is a joke."

Anyone who runs with the stereotype of Melbourne supporters being well educated should take a look at our Facebook page.

• Like 2

I predicted about 15 changes a while back. Not at all suprised.

The same could happen next year. The Ghost of 186 must be entirely removed. That is not to say some of those involved can change attitudes.

Forget 186 WYL.

Thats Just one match.

The ghosts of the last 47 yrs odd, is what we need to overcome.

Poor performances since then have not been evaded.

This has to be the fresh start the club nee'ds to move into a professional winning habit.

• Like 2

Then it's interesting that he hasn't been de-listed at this time.

Maybe they are giving Barty as much time as possible to see how he knee is progressing. He is very well liked and very well respected at the club. Excellent clubman, very good trainer and gives his all, despite not having great skills. As a side note, if his knee doesn't come up and he is faced with retirement, I reckon he'll get involved in coaching. Could have a lot to offer there.