Who the hell is responsible?

Soidee

Not looking good but trying to find the positives here.

Mark Neeld...your future will be decided at the conclusion of Round one. Byrnes, Pederson (Sellar mark 2)and Rodan.....All would be excellent players down at the Grove Mate but this is Melbourne FC.

and what would be your solution for 2013 Pant?

More of the last 5 years?

• Like 3

I feel a little bit the same, but I am a lot angrier with our player development staff than I am with our recruiters. I have no problem recruiting players like Morton, Gysberts and Cook. At the time, most clubs would have had them rated at about the position MFC drafted them.

Gysberts aside - who didn't develop mainly through injury - we develop mediocre footballers. Mick Malthouse annoys the carp out of me but I will give him this: he turns boys into men who become aggressive, talented, hard working footballers. Colin Sylvia is the most obvious MFC case in point. Can you imagine him at Geelong, Hawthorn, WCE?

Why did the Club/Board/L:eadership allow our player development to remain so poor for so long without action?

I agree....what has been going on within the club to not address this glaringly obvious issue.

l'm really [censored] off about Gysberts for nothing, Morton for nothing and Martin for nothing.

Technically, it wasn't nothing - but the reality is we got what they were worth. I know plenty here think every Melbourne player is AA or potentially AA, but that's not necessarily an opinion shared by other clubs or their recruiting department. Lots of ifs and buts re Gysberts (fitness? attitude?), and he went for exactly where he should have gone.

Here's something else that you would complain about. I like what Mark Neeld has done so far in the trade period, bar not getting Farren Ray. Don't be surprised if we get Justin Sherman in the PSD, he is just the kind of player Neeld might like. He will give us some outside run. He can make an extra target forward and he tackles quite well and will put his head over the ball. He just needs an attitude adjustment, much like Pedersen.

Edited by Thehardtackler

In answer to the thread topic.

Society.

• Like 3

I agree....what has been going on within the club to not address this glaringly obvious issue.

Which we just did. Experienced players who know how to get the best out of themselves. Leaders and role models who know what it takes to perform at the highest level. If all Rodan does is help Dom Barry become who he could be, it's already a win.

• Like 2

As the thread asks "Who the Hell is Responsible?"

Pretty simple really.

It's the MFC.

They were elected by the members.

They then put in place the FD. with a view to turning this club around.

Very hard to turn a ship when it is half submerged.

So first you have to float it, put in a bigger engine before you start heading in the right direction at full steam.

That process has now started, we have rid ourselves of most of the dead wood.

We are now floating, and come next month MN will fire up the boilers.

Hang on to your hats and enjoy the ride from here on in.

You're not alone mate. The more I think about it, the angrier I get. It's a farce.

I don't plan on my renewing my membership. What was the point of putting up with all those poor years if the draft picks are then just discarded?

So, it's Ned's fault!

• Like 1

There's no need for hysterics guys. The path is clear. We have recruited for a set purpose this time round. It's about a change of culture and filling some short term gaps while we develop Viney, Hogan, Taggert, pick 4 and some of the other youngsters. We will win more games next year and will be a more attractive proposition to free agents and others at this time next year. The journey has begun. Get on board.

We're on the road to nowhere- welcome aboard

Not sure this is any intelligent criteria to apply to the situation.

People getting into bar fights are not the type I would be heralding.

Well RR, JC panics at the drop of the hat, as for you only so much red one can drink before people say!!!!

The club read the game developing in the wrong direction. We recruited alot of athletic types, outside players as it were. That's the first stuff up. We had really poor role models for the kids the tail wagged the dog too much.

Club is now on the prespice of alienating many supporters after 7 consistent years of failure good will only gets you so far. See a drop of 110k in attendance this year.

Oh and someone has realised the only way you can develop players is by winning. All those low draft picks count for nothing if they have no idea how to consistently win.

If you don't trust Neeld have faith the Craig was at least able to reach elite level fitness of his players. When was the last time MFC was at that level.

• Like 2

So, it's Ned's fault!

Not just Ned, but anyone of us D'Landers who took out a membership and voted.

along with the other 30 sumfin thousand that blindly followed the sheep in front.

Who the hell is responsible?

Barry Pederast of course. He shafted us proper.

Geez..........still no concept of personal responsibility of the players themselves, for not working hard enough at training and on their own personal programs, not wanting the ball enough to throw themselves in 100 percent for every contest, not sacrificing themselves for the team, not taking a hit when for the greater good. No, of course, someone else is to blame. So 1990s and thereafter.

Former players #5&10 were rated highly by all recruiters, so BP stuffed up, not the players themselves and the development team?

Not looking good but trying to find the positives here.

Mark Neeld...your future will be decided at the conclusion of Round one. Byrnes, Pederson (Sellar mark 2)and Rodan.....All would be excellent players down at the Grove Mate but this is Melbourne FC.

he deserves a 4 year contract extension for finally removing all the dead wood in the club

• Like 2

There's no need for hysterics guys. The path is clear. We have recruited for a set purpose this time round. It's about a change of culture and filling some short term gaps while we develop Viney, Hogan, Taggert, pick 4 and some of the other youngsters. We will win more games next year and will be a more attractive proposition to free agents and others at this time next year. The journey has begun. Get on board.

Crawf, you got a bunch of us onto the positive reality bus, I have a feeling, as a reward, we're on our way to the wharf and you have an Ocean Liner lined up?

For those of you that have studied accounting, you would have come across an acronym FIFO in relation stock valuations (stands for First In First Out).

When dealing with change management (and clearly Neeld is trying to change MFC) then FIFO has a whole different interpretation - FIT IN or F**K OFF. There comes a point in time in change mangement when all the talking, cajoling, persausion, justification and BS is no longer effective and you just have to FIFO. I believe that time has now come for MFC - either get on board with the plan or get out and let someone else take your ticket.

Only time will tell whether these trades are positive or not and that will be determined not by the number of wins we have but the manner in which we execute the plan. To me loses will be acceptable so long as the personnel on and off the field have accepted the plan and executed it to the best of their ability.

Nothing to add here. I just quoted it so it can get some more love.

Geez..........still no concept of personal responsibility of the players themselves, for not working hard enough at training and on their own personal programs, not wanting the ball enough to throw themselves in 100 percent for every contest, not sacrificing themselves for the team, not taking a hit when for the greater good. No, of course, someone else is to blame. So 1990s and thereafter.

Former players #5&10 were rated highly by all recruiters, so BP stuffed up, not the players themselves and the development team?

OK mono - BP + the players + Development - OK? (and the Norm Smith curse)

But you can only judge BP on his record and it's not looking good

A few bad eggs every club has them. They come and they go. But what is happening at our club is different. When the majority of the list is [censored] off then there is a serious problem higher up beyond the playing group and FD. It is beyond the realms of reality that we could have recruited so may losers. I owe an apology to Cameron Bruce. I bagged him when he left but around 186 I came to the realisation to why he he walked and why so many senior and prime draft pick players are are now gone. My word is that more than a few of our so called backbone players remaining are biding their time or just taking the money and don't give a Faark. All goes back to Schwab and his lackeys. They put this club on it soul destroying tanking strategy, meddling with player development and FD issues. Marginalising loyal players and burning recruits. Performance which is the heart and soul of a football club has spiralled down to VFL level. They legitimise themselves on the success of Debt Demolition as justification but which will likely need to be repeated on the back of financial losses this season and next year. When it all goes sour they remove anyone who disagrees. The current coach is now Schwab's No.1 lackey with the culture change mantra. Removed some malcontents and replaced them with has beens and never we're's. Coming in to do Schwab's dirty work to save his new bosses skin. He will never get respect from his players and they will perform in kind. They will get their Karma but at more expense and angst for this club in the meantime.

Edited by america de cali

I think it is a total disaster. I suspect we have a coach with a massive inferiority complex.

Don't forget that Bailey won 8 and a half matches with the youngest list imaginable. He's sacked and his replacement has won 4 including 1only against the real teams. Did Sanderson feel the need to get rid of half of Adelaide's list? We beat Adelaide by 100 points in 2011,they finished 3rd this year while we plummeted.

Neeld appears to need to establish that those who went before him were hopeless. He downgraded all the senior players including those who'd won the bluey the 3 preceding years. And now he's gone about recruiting fellows who can't get a game elsewhere. My assessment; Byrnes possibly ok-paid v little, Dawes, paid way over. No21 for him when Wellingham was 13 and Cwood rated him so poorly they recruited a 30 yo instead. Viney, well done. Hogan, time will tell. Rodan--inexplicable! At 29 he keeps a kid such as Evans off the list. Pedersen--was it 3 games this year? Morton, has the potential to rub our noses in it. Got 90 odd disposals in his first 3 games, disappointing since but needed coaching not clearance. Gysberts, diito. Hopelessly interrupted preseason in 2012. Martin, biggest blunder of all! Versatile, could have played a crucial big defender role, now we've lost Warnock and Rivers. In a number of games this year got 20 plus hit outs and as many disposals , quite remarkable for someone of his size. Sure he was still learning, again, needed coaching and assistance, not clearing. Loved the club, is bitterly upset.

Sorry all but the coach is a dud! When we pay him out at the end of this season, we wil look back at a disastrous October 2012

phhhht you , buy in or bugger off !

The systemic failure of top end draft picks to meet the minumum standards required to stay on our list. This is serious stuff and the club owes at minium an explanation to the members. This shouldn't be swept under the carpet.

Owe us an explanation? You're kidding............. they owed us more than that - and they have delivered ......... at last! They've sacked the recruiter , revamped the development program, and now they've got rid of the players who haven't performed !!

But that's the whole point. These trades were not made for draft picks. They were made in order to move contracted players to free space on the list. They were obviously shopped around over the trade period and when no serious offers were made, they were swapped for low picks simply to get rid of them.

Personally, I would have liked to see more from them under the new FD, especially after a full preseason. But if the FD would prefer not to see them at preseason, then fine. The FD will live or die based on the list they have assembled, which is how it should be.

Correct

Apart from Rivers, Moloney and Jurrah leaving of their own accord.

All we have lost here is potential.

Yet we have gained hardened experienced players of whom 3 have played in grand finals.

.............. and the potential we have lost was doubtful potential anyway

Some people are really just insanely stupid.

To read someone's 'logic' as: 'Cale Morton was drafted at pick 4 in 2007. We have moved him on in 2012. I shall now end my membership of the club in disgrace' is just baffling.

Agree. The baffling bit was in 2007. Why chuck it in the minute the club admits its mistake and takes action to correct it!

some of the crap i read on here is just , lol well you know , but he was pick 4 , he was pick 12 ; he was pick what ever , do you think that he who was pick 4 is now pick 2 , etc etc , go into the market and pick up a spud , what do you see ? well ide see a spud , not the SEED it started as , get over it