Latest murmurings of a crazy time

Tolstoys Nudge

this is what i read taken from facebook page

THE BIG SCOOP -

North Melbourne, Port Adelaide, St Kilda, Melbourne, Gold Coast, Brisbane and Collingwood supporters, read on!

We received a tip off on good authority today about two players likely to find new homes this trade period in BEN JACOBS and TOM HICKEY.

To really get this story across, it need's to be made in detail.

It's a well known fact that Ben Jacobs has some "attitude problems", and that Jacob's soon to be departure is due to poor attitude in his football and towards his team mates and coaches, causing the club to give him the flick, and it's also due to the fact he is home sick and wishes to return back to Victoria.

It's been rumoured again by a strong PA based source that this afternoon that Jacobs had some not very savoury "last words" to say to the club who drafted him 2 years ago, which has now quite understandably ticked off PAFC, in which now they are taking "the best offer approach" for the young defender.

Which is where ST KILDA come into the picture.

The Saints were initially front-runners for his services, and have now somewhat gone cold on TOM HICKEY and instead are quite happy to send pick 25 to PORT ADELAIDE, and possibly their third round pick to secure his services.

It trumps NORTH MELBOURNE'S offer of their first up draft pick in the second round, pick 38.

Given that North Melbourne will not trade LEVI GREENWOOD, and that Port Adelaide are not interested in MATT CAMPBELL anymore, it means North Melbourne are now in quite a conundrum. They want Ben Jacobs, but they are not willing to part ways with their first round pick.

St Kilda met with Port Adelaide this afternoon, and are quite willing to part ways with pick 25 and possibly pick 49 which would be received from Melbourne should the saints accept that pick for FARREN RAY.

GOLD COAST are forcing St Kilda to part ways with pick 13 to secure TOM HICKEY, and will not let go of him for anything less than a first round selection.

ST KILDA are understood to be more interested in BEN JACOBS, rather than Hickey at this stage.

Which is where COLLINGWOOD come into the picture.

After the compensation picks became settled on Friday evening, Collingwood met with the suns late this afternoon (again from good authority) and have tabled pick 21 to the suns for Tom Hickey.

It's ridiculous to think that last week Geoff Walsh from Collingwood said that the pies were "done and dusted" only to then secure Clinton Young as a free agent. He did however say late Friday evening that "Derrick Hine would assess the draft picks over the weekend, and make a call whether or not we are done for this year's trade period."

Interesting to say the least.

It comes as several clubs have made contact with Collingwood over the weekend, enquiring about "what it would take" to secure one of Collingwood's three first round selections in this this years draft.

It seems as though Collingwood are ready to wheel and deal but only if the price is right.

One thing's for sure. DO NOT TRUST COLLINGWOOD!!!! They say they're done, then "Nek Minnit" .....

Back to MELBOURNE FC, the Demons are aware that Cameron Pederson could still be retained by North Melbourne, and thus have turned their attention to St Kilda midfielder, Farren Ray.

The Age have reported that the Demons have offered up pick 49 to the Saints plus Jamie Bennell, which they are considering strongly.

The Saints would be able to use that pick 49 to on trade to Port Adelaide, along with pick 25 to secure Ben Jacobs from the Power.

To put all of the above into perspective.

MELBOURNE, PORT ADELAIDE & ST KILDA

Dees receive Farren Ray

Dees lose pick 49 + Jamie Bennell

Saints receive Ben Jacobs, Jamie Bennell + Pick 49

Saints lose Pick 25, Pick 49 (on traded to Port Adelaide), Farren Ray.

Port receive pick 25

Port lose Ben Jacobs.

MELBOURNE could still secure Cameron Pederson, in a three way deal with Brisbane and North Melbourne however.

The LIONS are willing to part ways with pick 33 for the services of STEFAN MARTIN, in which the Dees would on trade that pick 33 to North Melbourne for CAMERON PEDERSON.

Agin, put simply.

Dees receive pick 33 + Cam Pederson

Dees lose Stefan Martin, Pick 33 (on traded to North)

Lions receive Stefan Martin

Lions lose pick 33

North receive pick 33

North lose Cameron Pederson.

• Like 1

That Gysberts had medicals at Geelong and Essendon. That sounds like the source.

This sounds like good news to me.

Wonder if either are silly enough to stump up with a first round pick or early second round.

I would be tempted to take it.

But all smoke and suspect no fire.

This sounds like good news to me.

Wonder if either are silly enough to stump up with a first round pick or early second round.

I would be tempted to take it.

But all smoke and suspect no fire.

I've now decided we should keep him unless the offer is great. He has the talent, We just need to get his attitude right.

• Like 1

I've now decided we should keep him unless the offer is great. He has the talent, We just need to get his attitude right.

Think I have much the same opinion Redleg but a pick 15 to 20 might change my mind.

I actually think there is no chance that will happen so he stays I guess.

I'd have said trade him before trade week started, but I lean towards keeping him now that we've used picks to bring in forwards rather than mids. So yeah, unless the offer is a doozy, hang on to him.

• Like 1

MELBOURNE, PORT ADELAIDE & ST KILDA

Dees receive Farren Ray

Dees lose pick 49 + Jamie Bennell

Saints receive Ben Jacobs, Jamie Bennell + Pick 49

Saints lose Pick 25, Pick 49 (on traded to Port Adelaide), Farren Ray.

Port receive pick 25

Port lose Ben Jacobs.

Dees receive pick 33 + Cam Pederson

Dees lose Stefan Martin, Pick 33 (on traded to North)

Lions receive Stefan Martin

Lions lose pick 33

North receive pick 33

North lose Cameron Pederson.

Saves one delist and having another play in the ressies all year.

I'd be pretty happy with that.

I want both!!

I'm not totally against getting pedo but do we need him as a starter or is he a depth player? With Dawes as a full time forward you would think Mitch is the second ruck. So is pedo being looked at as another forward?

I'd have said trade him before trade week started, but I lean towards keeping him now that we've used picks to bring in forwards rather than mids. So yeah, unless the offer is a doozy, hang on to him.

Besides being able to find the ball in close, he is also 190cms. If he can fill out, get fit and pick up a yard, who knows where he could get to.

I'm not totally against getting pedo but do we need him as a starter or is he a depth player? With Dawes as a full time forward you would think Mitch is the second ruck. So is pedo being looked at as another forward?

Gorilla backman IMO, maybe forward if Mitch goes down, or Jamar goes down and Mitch rucks.

If it's true pick 49 + jamie bennell for farren ray I rekon is a bargain. I really can't see why Jamie Bennell would interest st kilda, really rekon that he was a high chance of being delisted this year. Can't play as a small back pocket or HBF, doesn't get enough of the ball and now with byrnes and blease doesn't fit in as a forward pocket either.

Watched some Melbourne games from 2012 and 2011 the other night. Not recommended viewing. However, having another look at Gysberts has made me very keen to keep him. He gets the footy in the tough spots but he also did a lot of running to receive which surprised me. His kicking was better than I thought as well. Really good hands.

A couple of other random thoughts from my viewing

- not as worried about trading out Martin - in his stellar year he got a lot of footy but did little with it

- Given a choice between Evans & Nicho, I'd take Evans - despite one game where he tried to set a new world record for Out on the Full

- if you could morph Bennell & Jetta into one player you'd have a bloody good footballer. Sadly their respective strengths & weaknesses mirror each other

- Watts was bigger in 2011 to my eye so the Misson running program might make it hard for some blokes to keep muscle on

- we might have been crap with LJ & Aussie but it was fun to watch

• Like 1

We have had so many early picks and lots of players with potential that is never realised. So how many years do we have to give some of these players for them to get their s##t together and how many excuses must we make as to why we need to give them more time, yes many are good kids, many could be good footballers, just unfortunately they played for Melbourne and Melbourne has shown it is incapable of being able to develop good footballers from its numerous first round draft picks.

I like Neelds approach of getting players who can play now even in the young players we are drafting Viney will fit that mould and so will hogan (when he is legal), I expect our no 4 pick will also be a walk up starter for next year.

Maybe its time for Gys, Morton, Martin and others to try and develop in another environment, and for the Dees to use any compensating draft picks to continue to build their playing list with more proven players.

• Like 1

The Leigh Brown role Forward/2nd ruck.

I expect Clark and Dawes to rotate between FF & CHF and Pedersen to play as the 3rd tall who rucks. I know Neeld talked at the Hogan presser about Clark being 2nd ruck. But I expect that to be smoke and mirrors. Pedersen wasn't on our list at that stage and him being on our list will change things.

If it's true pick 49 + jamie bennell for farren ray I rekon is a bargain. I really can't see why Jamie Bennell would interest st kilda, really rekon that he was a high chance of being delisted this year. Can't play as a small back pocket or HBF, doesn't get enough of the ball and now with byrnes and blease doesn't fit in as a forward pocket either.

I mentioned in another thread I reckon the appeal the Saints would see in Bennell would be as a direct replacement for Cripps who's likely to walk into the draft. That utility type who can play forward or back or off a wing. They might think that in the right environment that they can get the best out of him?

Also maybe they watched the Casey-v-North Ballarat VFL game at Casey Fields last year where Bennell played and Andrew McLeod type (only in the VFL mind you) game off half back and won Casey the game. Best game I've ever seen Jimmy play.

On a side note....,if we do land Cam can we go with the nickname Campo? I realy don't want my kids cheering on The Big Pedo to slot one through! It just sounds so wrong :P

Well, maybe we could go with a modern family theme, seeing that we will have Mitch and Cam in the side, i say we just go with Mitch and Cam!!