Wellingham/Dawes super trade (scuppered)

bush demon

Just on-trade the pick 20 we get for the Hogan trade.

Leave it up to Collingwood to take pick 20 for either of the 2. I highly doubt they would get a better offer.

West coast are hesitant on pick 17 for Wellingham.

bring in the young, and use the next 5 years as a build-scheme again.

Dawes is young enough, but I do also agree that a mix of young and old is pivotal. Just look at our 2000 season - that had a good mix.

Bring in Dawes, Viney and another midfielder who is under the age of 22, and finally, bring Jeff White out of retirement or at least get someone who was as good as he was.

our 2000 spine and midfield was as follows:

Neitz (26), Schwarz (28), White (23) Collins (22) and Ingerson (30).

Our midfield was: Yze (23), Woey (24), Macca (28), Rigoni (26) and Leoncelli (26).

Then you add in Travis Johnstone, Troy Simmons, Jeff Farmer, Stephen Powell, Brad Green and Robo, you can see the team quality already.

A solid mix, we need to replicate this!

Let's hope it's a ruse to get the Eagles to pay a bit more for Wellingham. I can't believe that we'd give pick 4 for those two in a draft as good as this (even given our recent record)

you might change your mind/opinion later when Dawes and Wellingham, both young enough, great haircuts, still youthfull, grand final experience, run out onto the field for the mighty Dees round one? Just perhaps Glenn?

Dear MFC,

Please stop desparately pursuing Sharrod Wellingham when he has absolutely no interest in playing for our club. I am sick of every radio update saying 'Melbourne is still confident it can convince Sharrod Wellingham to play for the club'. It is embarassing, and if we need to beg him then clearly he won't die for the jumper like I want our players to.

It is clear that as soon as Wellingham is an UFA we will lose him to West Coast, and we are apparently going to sell the farm (pick 4) to get he and Dawes. Staggering.

• Like 1

Dear MFC,

Please stop desparately pursuing Sharrod Wellingham when he has absolutely no interest in playing for our club. I am sick of every radio update saying 'Melbourne is still confident it can convince Sharrod Wellingham to play for the club'. It is embarassing, and if we need to beg him then clearly he won't die for the jumper like I want our players to.

It is clear that as soon as Wellingham is an UFA we will lose him to West Coast, and we are apparently going to sell the farm (pick 4) to get he and Dawes. Staggering.

if wellingham leaves collingwood he can never become an UFA (unless he is still playing at 35)

Dear MFC,

Dear Watts Jurrah Dunn?,

Given that we have traded away pick 3 and 13, what makes you think that we are "desperately pursuing" Sharrod Wellingham?

Also, are they the same radio updates that had us using pick 13 on Dawes?

Sincerely,

if wellingham leaves collingwood he can never become an UFA (unless he is still playing at 35)

Thank you for clarifying.

Dear Watts Jurrah Dunn?,

Given that we have traded away pick 3 and 13, what makes you think that we are "desperately pursuing" Sharrod Wellingham?

Also, are they the same radio updates that had us using pick 13 on Dawes?

Sincerely,

45 I am going on the interviews that I've heard where Harrington has confirmed we haven't given up hope of convincing Sharrod we're a worthwhile proposition. Clark at least gave us the time of day last year to meet with us and hear what we had to say. Unless you can confirm otherwise I don't think Wellingham has done the same.

Regardless, I'm very pleased the Pies and WCE are close to a deal so pick 4 can be used on the 3rd best midfielder in the draft.

Now we just need Dawes and Pederson, and either Clint Young or Farren Ray, one of Toumpas ,Wines or O,Rourke, and maybe a bonus Stringer at 20 and we are done.

Would prefer Pedersen and Ray personally and they'd both be cheaper - maybe for Martin and Gysberts.

That doesn't sound very cheap to me, old. Ray has played 9 seasons and would have 4 left, tops. If we went with those players being exchanged, I'd for for some pick movement in the right direction.

As for Wellingham, more than happy for him to go elsewhere.

From the HUN it seems we have dodged a bullet.

http://www.heraldsun...t-1226492267881

AFL Site

http://www.afl.com.a...71/default.aspx

Wines/Toumpas/O'Rourke here we come.

From the HUN it seems we have dodged a bullet.

http://www.heraldsun...t-1226492267881

AFL Site

http://www.afl.com.a...71/default.aspx

Wines/Toumpas/O'Rourke here we come.

Still think we need a second tall be it Dawes or Pederson?

But just get the one we can offer our 3rd round pick for imo, play themm for 2 or so years and hope that one of Fitz or Cook can be the third man eventually

Letting us go for more mids with picks 4 and 20 perfect outcome to trade week if this happens