The Free Agency/Trade/Draft Rumour File

Whispering_Jack

I can understand the club pushing for Goldsack because of his attributes which would be very much in line with Mark Neeld's wants as a coach. It would be perfect for Goldy as a player to be at a club where he knows he's going to get a regular game.

I am hearing that Wellingham is set to go back home but if he gets a good enough offer might be tempted to either remain at Collingwood or come to a club like us. I understand we could come up with a better financial deal but, as we keep getting reminded, if your name ain't Scully, money ain't everything in footy (mind you if you've been offered the GNP of half a dozen third world countries, you would consider it)

• Like 2

Who knows if any of this is true, but in the case we are chasing the two big(ish) lead-up forwards mentioned, I completely understand Dawes (I'd love to see him in the red and blue, actually) but I don't get Lynch at all.

We looked five years away last year. Is now the time to be filling holes with 30 year olds? At the very best he'll play for three more years. Then what?

Who's he buying time for? Fitzpatrick?

I read the Sun where it referred to Wellingham, but there was no mention of any offer from Collingwood "falling well short" of Melbourne's.

It was in the Huns' Cripps article, which I'm now struggling to find - but I found it through another source.

It says, "Sharrod Wellingham has been offered a new deal by the Magpies, but he is also considering a three-year offer to move to Melbourne.

The Demons are understood to have again inquired about forward Chris Dawes, but he is contracted and not interested in a move."

There's no mention of any offer.

I tried to find it without luck. I am sure i read it somewhere. Maybe it was in an article on the net and not the papers.

Interesting that Richo just said that Pies have Lynch after re signing Cloke, doing a deal with O'Brien and Johnson and offering new deals to Goldsack, Krakouer and Wellingham. Wonder where all the salary cap room has come from.

I tried to find it without luck. I am sure i read it somewhere. Maybe it was in an article on the net and not the papers.

Interesting that Richo just said that Pies have Lynch after re signing Cloke, doing a deal with O'Brien and Johnson and offering new deals to Goldsack, Krakouer and Wellingham. Wonder where all the salary cap room has come from.

Players trying to keep Cloke?

Did e'd play them for they're money?

One Rumor had Cloke signed a couple of months back but wouldn't be announced.

Did the club use this to keep player payments down???

As the grand final starts sliding away from the Hawks and the rain begins to fall, I start wondering what would happen if they lost. Would they get involved in the trades/FA to cover some of the deficiencies uncovered in the second quarter?

Hmmn, I wonder the same thing. They're defence is still a bit 'green', young.

Could they handle Riv?

I really cant see the attraction in Dawes. For mine he's only ok because cloke is so good. Hope its not Neeld being collingwood obsessed.

Well if he's OK because of Cloke, surely he could also be OK because of Clark?

Having said that, I don't think Dawes is much chop, and I'm pretty sure the cost would be high.

Well if he's OK because of Cloke, surely he could also be OK because of Clark?

Having said that, I don't think Dawes is much chop, and I'm pretty sure the cost would be high.

How does it work if he's contracted? 50/50 and we throw in more?

Can anyone enlighten please?

Dawes had a great 2010 and I was all for chasing him hard, but this year he played like a paperweight....

Yep. They both can't catch.

That's unfair to Sellar, I think his marking is actually quite good. It's his movement that is abysmal.

I quite like Sellar, tbh, I think he works harder than most on our list, he knows how to use his body and position in marking contests, and I thought his work in defence before he got injured was good.

• Like 1

Lynch has just signed to collingwood.

Playing out his career with a club in premiership window. Can't blame him if this is in fact true.

Next.

That's unfair to Sellar, I think his marking is actually quite good. It's his movement that is abysmal.

I quite like Sellar, tbh, I think he works harder than most on our list, he knows how to use his body and position in marking contests, and I thought his work in defence before he got injured was good.

Sellar can't move, and is a two/three grab marker at best. Never takes the one grabber's. I think you're delusional and it is fair to compare Sellar with Dawes as they are both crap markers of the ball, and useless below knee level. But I do agree, Sellar is a defender if anything, not a forward ruck.

Playing out his career with a club in premiership window. Can't blame him if this is in fact true.

Next.

One of the hosts on before the game said that Lynch has signed a 2 year deal with Collingwood to fill the hole that Leigh Brown left as a forward/back up ruck man considering that was his role at West Coast before Naitanui came in and took that from him.

Everyone on the panel was pretty shocked with the comment but he seemed pretty certain that this has already taken place and we will hear about it next week.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Unfortunately, your content contains terms that we do not allow. Please edit your content to remove the highlighted words below.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.