Season Review from the Players

low flying Robbo

good video looks like the boys know what is required, on a side note its good to see some pics on facebook of some of the boys still training on there holidays james magner was there today working in the high altitude room its good to see

yeah whoever is in charge of media has obviously already started the campaign for season '13. Great to keep the supporters keen with pics and updates as the off-season progresses.

Magner obviously knows that even a few weeks slacking off the training can have a huge impact.

• Like 1

yeah whoever is in charge of media has obviously already started the campaign for season '13. Great to keep the supporters keen with pics and updates as the off-season progresses.

Magner obviously knows that even a few weeks slacking off the training can have a huge impact.

diffinately knows that spots on the list are going to open up and is keen for a promotion

Interesting Sam was included in those who spoke. No Rivers! The look on Jordie's and Col G's face said it all. I don't remember seeing anywhere on this forum throughout the year, a reminder or recognition that the players (or some of them) were hurting as much or more than the supporters.

Whether it is just like childbirth and you cant remember the pain as time goes by and I know that the season has only just this moment ended but I really believe that the players have acknowledged how both physically and mentally unfit they were to take the field as elite AFL players. Just like anything in life once you have acknowledged that something is not right you are able to move on. So we say bye bye to Beamer who believed that his way was the right way. We have to hope that those boys inerviewed will carry the others along with them. I do believe that the likes of Clark, Trengove, Grimes and Jones will do this. I hope that James Frawley is able to become a leader of the backline. I always believed that Rivers was the silent leader down there as James seemed to drop his head too quickly at times. Lets see Sammy's off field work ethic improve. Now he has some consecutive games he know what it takes. Having someone like Neil Craig mentoring these boys can only help. Expect more pain next year but most of us here are here for a long time not just the good times.

• Like 1

Interesting Sam was included in those who spoke. No Rivers! The look on Jordie's and Col G's face said it all. I don't remember seeing anywhere on this forum throughout the year, a reminder or recognition that the players (or some of them) were hurting as much or more than the supporters.

Whether it is just like childbirth and you cant remember the pain as time goes by and I know that the season has only just this moment ended but I really believe that the players have acknowledged how both physically and mentally unfit they were to take the field as elite AFL players. Just like anything in life once you have acknowledged that something is not right you are able to move on. So we say bye bye to Beamer who believed that his way was the right way. We have to hope that those boys inerviewed will carry the others along with them. I do believe that the likes of Clark, Trengove, Grimes and Jones will do this. I hope that James Frawley is able to become a leader of the backline. I always believed that Rivers was the silent leader down there as James seemed to drop his head too quickly at times. Lets see Sammy's off field work ethic improve. Now he has some consecutive games he know what it takes. Having someone like Neil Craig mentoring these boys can only help. Expect more pain next year but most of us here are here for a long time not just the good times.

Yeah that raw feeling was good to see. You could see it hurt them

You have to take some of what was said with a grain of salt, but even then, a lot of talk about not understanding the level of professionalism, the work ethic or the fitness that was required. Really seemed to stand out as a common thread amongst those who spoke.

It's not going to magically turn around for us, but another pre-season with Misson and a greater awareness of what is required on and off the field should really impart a great deal of improvement.

• Like 1

I'm with the players and can't wait until 2013.

However, I did say that about this time last year with regards to this season.

• Like 1

I'm with the players and can't wait until 2013.

However, I did say that about this time last year with regards to this season.

I always approach the off season / preseason with boundless and often unjustified optimism .....it just gets me through......but this time, just this once, I really beleive it.

Great video - I know the naysayers will say it is just words, but they looked as if they meant what they were saying (so different from you-know-who-with-the-shifty-eyes' 'demon for life' pledge presser).

Edited by monoccular
  • Like 1

What the hell was going on at that club when Dean Baliy was there.

They go on about how unfit they are, did they not do any type of running when they trained under DB?

We cant just point at Bailey.....its handy to do so, but we just didnt spend enough money on the football department when he was around. Whether through necessity or stupidity we'll never know now..but we didnt have enough experience in our fitness coaching ranks and Its bitten us on the arse big time. We fell, what looks now like a massive step behind, so lets hope with the increase of experience and personnel we've turned it around.

• Like 3

That was the most Raw i have ever seen the Demons....I liked it.

The players are as disgusted in 2012 as i am.

Great....Mitch Clark hates being injured.

Imagine what could have happened had Alen Jackovich and James Cook had his attitude when they were injured!! Edited by monoccular

It is more words, but the ones selected in the video have definitely bought in to Neeld and his style.

Great....Mitch Clark hates being injured.

That is unusual for a footballer isnt it.

Imagine what could have happened had Alen Jackovich and James Cook had his attitude when they were injured!!

A bulging spinal disc and and an ACL joint would have just recovered......

It is more words, but the ones selected in the video have definitely bought in to Neeld and his style.

As always the proof will be in the 2013 pudding. Words are cheap.

That is unusual for a footballer isnt it.

A bulging spinal disc and and an ACL joint would have just recovered......

As always the proof will be in the 2013 pudding. Words are cheap.

Do you feel the need to comment on every post? You need to get out more RR, I'm convinced you'd come back a better man for it, as opposed to what we currently see.