• IMPORTANT: PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Posting unsubstantiated rumours on this website is strictly forbidden.

Demonland has made the difficult decision to not permit this platform to be used to discuss & debate the off-field issues relating to the Melbourne Football Club including matters currently being litigated between the Club & former Board members, board elections, the issue of illicit drugs in footy, the culture at the club & the personal issues & allegations against some of our players & officials ...

We do not take these issues & this decision lightly & of course we believe that these serious matters affecting the club we love & are so passionate about are worthy of discussion & debate & I wish we could provide a place where these matters can be discussed in a civil & respectful manner.

However these discussions unfortunately invariably devolve into areas that may be defamatory, libelous, spread unsubstantiated rumours & can effect the mental health of those involved. Even discussion & debate of known facts or media reports can lead to finger pointing, blame & personal attacks.

The repercussion is that these discussions can open this website, it’s owners & it’s users to legal action & may result in this website being forced to shutdown.

Our moderating team are all volunteers & cannot moderate the forum 24/7 & as a consequence problematic content that contravenes our rules & standards may go unnoticed for some time before it can be removed.

We reserve the right to delete posts that offend against our above policy & indeed, to ban posters who are repeat offenders or who breach our code of conduct.

WE HAVE BUILT A FANTASTIC ONLINE COMMUNITY AT DEMONLAND OVER THE PAST 23 YEARS & WE WOULD LIKE TO CONTINUE TO BE ABLE TO DISCUSS THE CLUB WE LOVE & ARE SO PASSIONATE ABOUT.

Thank you for your continued support & understanding. Go Dees.

Is your support of the MFC unconditional ?

Hannibal

Come hell or high water  

235 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Mine is. I'll be there on Sunday and for every match this season. This inept Board and coach are not our club and are merely passing players who will soon be gone.

One day we might learn, but if we don't so what, I'll still support.

I'll be there on Sunday too.

But my interest in footy will take a massive backseat if they don't make structural changes sooner rather than later. Local footy beckons.

• Like 1

But my interest in footy will take a massive backseat if they don't make structural changes sooner rather than later. Local footy beckons.

We'll change. Headquarters will see to that. But how many false dawns have we been through?

How did you feel when you watched the 7.30 report last night? I felt sick. Like it or not I can't stop supporting the club.

• Like 1

I'm the opposite. I said to m brother the other day that the worst thing about how disgraceful we have been over the last 6 years is that footy has never been better yet we are forced to watch mediocre rubbish week after week. I seriously considered going to see the Tigers/Pies game this week instead of ours as I was offered a free seat. I'll stick fat with the club and go on Sunday but it is so disappointing seeing the quality of footy going on and having to endure crap games where we get flogged and demonstrate no idea about the modern game in front of crap crowds every week for the last 6 years. Meanwhile Geelong, Hawthorn, Collingwood, Sydney and now even Essendon, Carlton, Richmond, North etc fans get to witness enthralling contests almost every week.

• Like 2

I'm the opposite. I said to m brother the other day that the worst thing about how disgraceful we have been over the last 6 years is that footy has never been better yet we are forced to watch mediocre rubbish week after week. I seriously considered going to see the Tigers/Pies game this week instead of ours as I was offered a free seat. I'll stick fat with the club and go on Sunday but it is so disappointing seeing the quality of footy going on and having to endure crap games where we get flogged and demonstrate no idea about the modern game in front of crap crowds every week for the last 6 years. Meanwhile Geelong, Hawthorn, Collingwood, Sydney and now even Essendon, Carlton, Richmond, North etc fans get to witness enthralling contests almost every week.

Dr G could not have put it better myself, one of my kids has jumped off and I would not blame the other one if he did, whilst I am in till death the tunnel seems to be getting longer with no end in site.

Thank christ for the WAFL, top of the table clash tomorrow between Claremont (Tigers) & West Perth (Cardinals) it's the only way I have been able to hear the song this year

Dr G could not have put it better myself, one of my kids has jumped off and I would not blame the other one if he did, whilst I am in till death the tunnel seems to be getting longer with no end in site.

Thank christ for the WAFL, top of the table clash tomorrow between Claremont (Tigers) & West Perth (Cardinals) it's the only way I have been able to hear the song this year

Spot on PSD

I am now more into west Perth and Norwood than the Dees.

I know what the the MFC score line will be the others offer interest.

My membership of the MFc will remain but my interest is very low.

What I don't give unconditional support to is a large number of people who currently run the MFC

Uni Blacks for me this weekend

• Like 1

Support might not be so digital (0 or 1) it could be that there is a progressive creeping apathy which has some members become progressively disengaged, not attending games, being quiet about who they support =- a shrinking membership means less money means lower performance means less membership type of spiral into oblivion. I thought the show of support at training was a step in the other direction where members were saying what can I do to positively motivate the players? Isnt that what leadership is? Responding to adversity in a constructive not destructive way?

this club is a shambles ATM and i am coping crap from every angle but i have and always will be a demon

i cant understand how how people jump from one team to another within the same comp

I'm going on Sunday, I have little idea why.

If Mclardy and several other people haven't left this club by the end of the season I'm no chance of buying a membership. I still haven't bought one this year and probably won't.

I will be there on Sunday. I have always loved the Dees and hope each week I will be there to witness the match where everything turns around for us. It's only.a matter of time....

• Like 1

I will be there on Sunday. I have always loved the Dees and hope each week I will be there to witness the match where everything turns around for us. It's only.a matter of time....

i hope you have lots of patience left

Probably a bit strong to say I wouldn't watch the game ever again, but if the Demons folded I think I would probably join up with the Melbourne Tigers (basketball). The best thing about footy is that you have a team to follow.

From Now On, it is conditional...

I will jo longer be a paying Member, if the Club doesn't build a Social Hub around Swan St Richmond... Somewhere where the supporters can watch the boys train,, & can go & sit to have Brunch, or Lunch, or Dinner,,, or sit down for a beer.

A place we can walk to, after a home game, & gather to celebrate, or to commiserate with fellow supporters.

a place we can all gather to watch our team play interstate as One with a great Big Screen & sound system...

A place where Demons merchandise & memberships are on sale, & we can bump into players or staff occasionally & generally be a Club!!!

I'm not going to pay any longer, for a club that is so disconnected from its ordinary long time supporters, & its rank & file members.....

if they don't do something about this disconnect & no home base, then I'm going to return to just being a TV supporter,,, & Not a member.

NO Docklands for me!

• Like 1

"Don't it always seem to go ,that you don't know what you've got till it's gone"

When I think of us in a hole like we are-i think of this Joni Mitchell line.

I'm more likely to leave an organisation that is healthy and doesn't need me to survive than the mighty MFC under a dark cloud .

That's how i roll.

• Like 2

"Don't it always seem to go ,that you don't know what you've got till it's gone"

I'm more likely to leave an organisation that is healthy and doesn't need me to survive than the mighty MFC under a dark cloud .

That's how i roll.

Biffen can you please turn out the lights when you leave

My support is conditional

Because I would never let some bad years and the actions of a few morons employed by the cub to ever stain the history of the MFC and the man who battled for the Reed and Blue over the journey

This club won 12 flags thanks to the brilliant work of the players, coaches and administration at the time and I will unconditionally support the MFC so that those mens deeds will always live on

I love this club and always will, but right now I don't like it.

It's like watching your best friend take heroine and [censored] around and you are helpless to stop them.

A good but very sad analogy Jaded, but very apt for our beloved club at this stage.

Hope they can get into rehab and recover.

That's how i roll.

Well said, Biffen.

As Churchill said: Never give in--never, never, never, never, in nothing great or small, large or petty, never give in except to convictions of honour and good sense. Never yield to force; never yield to the apparently overwhelming might of the enemy.

My support is conditional

Because I would never let some bad years and the actions of a few morons employed by the cub to ever stain the history of the MFC and the man who battled for the Reed and Blue over the journey

This club won 12 flags thanks to the brilliant work of the players, coaches and administration at the time and I will unconditionally support the MFC so that those mens deeds will always live on

that was a different club to what it has been hijacked into.

that club was Inclusive... just as smith was.

Now they have fences & gates to keep the supporters at their own bay... & these people are the ones who can Run Businessses, but Ruin footy clubs.

standing up for this crap isn't representative of Checker Hughes who came over from 'Tigerland', to change our club, & Norm Smith, who was taught all by the Checker Hughes...

Edited by dee-luded

I think every member of this site is a true dee fan.

We all just want the club to be the best and strive for success.

As long as we (supporters) dont give up, it will eventually turn.

but hey i hope your all patient lol

From Now On, it is conditional...

I will jo longer be a paying Member, if the Club doesn't build a Social Hub around Swan St Richmond... Somewhere where the supporters can watch the boys train,, & can go & sit to have Brunch, or Lunch, or Dinner,,, or sit down for a beer.

A place we can walk to, after a home game, & gather to celebrate, or to commiserate with fellow supporters.

a place we can all gather to watch our team play interstate as One with a great Big Screen & sound system...

A place where Demons merchandise & memberships are on sale, & we can bump into players or staff occasionally & generally be a Club!!!

I'm not going to pay any longer, for a club that is so disconnected from its ordinary long time supporters, & its rank & file members.....

if they don't do something about this disconnect & no home base, then I'm going to return to just being a TV supporter,,, & Not a member.

NO Docklands for me!

Maybe its the belly-full-o grog, but what a fantastic fricken idea.

Changing club allegiances is like changing your nationality. Very hard, almost impossible to do. However, in saying that, if Australia was to become a totalitarian police state, I would leave, but always call myself an Australian.

On the other hand, if ww3 is declared and Australia and new Zealand must merge economies and Politics for survival, I would endorse the amalgamation as it would allow me to expand my home, and give us a fighting chance for victory.

The same goes with the MFC. The next 10 years are critical for our survival. If we fail, I see no other future but a merger with north Melbourne. And if that happens, I would embrace the union, as my football family has just entered a marriage with another football family and become stronger.

The MFC will never die, we may merge in the future, but we will always be Melbourne @ the mcg. A kangaroo or demon is not that important to me.