WELCOME TO THE MELBOURNE FOOTBALL CLUB - JESSE HOGAN

Scipio

"All you Hulkamaniacs remember to say your prayers and eat your vitamins!"

11b25qh.jpg

Range Rover! Where on earth have you been?

Things have chnaged in WA now you start Year 1 if you are 6 before July 1st, previously it was The year you turned 6 and I am pretty sure Hogan falls under this category.

So he should be free to move I'm guessing the family discussed all the possibilities before he nominated for the mini draft

There was a little confusion earlier in the day in some places about whether Hogan was staying in WA next year, I heard SEN interview a Claremont club rep later in the day talking about Hogan, Martin and Lee, and the question was asked of him. This guy said that Martin and Hogan would be moving to GC and Melb, and would be part of their football systems in 2013. So I presume that means that Hogan will be playing for Casey next year. Dunno if he would play under18 footy given that he is playing colts which is under 19s... could be wrong maybe...

• Like 1

Everything I've seen of this kid he looks like a player who can play as a key position forward for a decade from 2014 onwards.

There's no doubt in my mind that the deal was done to allow Viney to slide to #26, GWS to get the first three picks in total, and gc and Melbourne to get the two best available 17 year old selections.

Wines will be selected #4 - in truth, we may have used the pick on him had we been forced to select Viney with the previous pick.

I see these deals as win - win - win for all three clubs involved.

The likelihood is we will be bottom 5 next year, giving another opportunity to add another quality player to our list - the equivalent of 2 top 5 picks ready for 2014.

We will likely not be a finals side until at least 2015 in my opinion - horrifying, I know - but by that stage the guy we are looking at as our prime key forward will have had three years in the system.

• Like 2

For everyone interested there's an article on the Dee's website about Hogan. Say's his family are Crows supporters, but he can't wait to come over to Melbourne.

Love to know what Neelds questions were... And the answers

Geez he's a big unit this lad (already !!) ...imagine after 2 preseasons :)

Edited by belzebub59

Nah, we just have to select him in the minidraft.

GC have pick 1, we have pick 2, those are the only 2 picks.. but gc have said they are taking martin, so we are left with the rest, and of which we have chosen hogan

My understanding is that GC have pick 1 in the MD and we pick 2 - these are picks, not specific players. While GC have said they will select Martin with this and we Hogan, I'm not sure there is a binding contract between these players and clubs.

Is there a chance GC could select Hogan before us this time next year? I'm not sure of the exact rules. Anyone know for sure, rather than speculation?

Why can't he play AFL next year? He turns 18 in February.

He'll be nearly 20 by the end of his first AFL season.

GWS and Gold Coast seem to play a lot of 18 year olds. I presume their birthdays must fall late in the year.

The qualifying ageswere changed (by four months) a couple of years ago to give GC a huge pool of kids to choose from.

Kids drafted are older and that is fine with me. I care more about what 17/18 year olds do when they are 22+ than their first year.

Edited by rpfc

My understanding is that GC have pick 1 in the MD and we pick 2 - these are picks, not specific players. While GC have said they will select Martin with this and we Hogan, I'm not sure there is a binding contract between these players and clubs.

Is there a chance GC could select Hogan before us this time next year? I'm not sure of the exact rules. Anyone know for sure, rather than speculation?

That's not how it works - the MD occurs during THIS trade period so we will officially select Hogan next week or the week after and GC Martin.

GC will take Martin and we will take Hogan. It's just a formality.

http://www.goldcoastfc.com.au/news-and-media/news/mckenna-talks-jack-martin/

That's not how it works - the MD occurs during THIS trade period so we will officially select Hogan next week or the week after and GC Martin.

GC will take Martin and we will take Hogan. It's just a formality.

http://www.goldcoastfc.com.au/news-and-media/news/mckenna-talks-jack-martin/

Cheers Dr G.

Saw his highlight reel on MFC website got chills looking at it. Will be a star for the MFC if Neeld and co get the development right and he wants "it" enough.

2014 is going to be a long wait but I think the Scorpions crowds might get a gentle boost next year.

Pretty excited about this pick. A tall, aggressive, contested marking forward who has the pace to separate and the running capacity to get to heaps of contests.

We are trying to play a game that involves a lot of repeat efforts and being able to outrun the opposition. Hogan gives us someone who can run hard enough to get one out with his man, but also the size and talent to be able to dominate that one on one.

Imagine him taking the 'running defender' while Clark takes the monster!

• Like 2

A day has passed and I feel disbelieved that we actually got him.

All along I lived in hope but rational thinking said it was a 33-1 shot and drifting.

[Nasher edit: Removed pic and reference to it. I'd hate to be accused of implementing nanny state policy or stuff like that, but it'd be nice if we could at least keep the posts clean enough that I don't violate my work's acceptable use policy and get the sack purely because I loaded a thread on Demonland - thanks]

[Deers edit: Fair enough. Get back to work, slacker.]

Edited by Deers
Removed pic and reference to it
  • Like 3

Gee we are so very very easily satisfied!! Hogan will not even be available till 2014 and we are already doing summersaults.

Lets just all wait eh and salivate later !!!

Gee we are so very very easily satisfied!! Hogan will not even be available till 2014 and we are already doing summersaults.

Lets just all wait eh and salivate later !!!

Watch the highlights, please. I thought it would be patently obvious to anyone who knows anything about him at all as to why most of us don't give a rats about having to wait a year.

• Like 2