Buy in from Dunn and Jetta

Louie

I don't know as a fact, I am told by a player manger that 15 want out.

Dunn is one that is on the record as being "desperate" for a new contract. Neeld credited his performance in the last half of the season in the round 22 media conference and as such I would be shocked if he was to go. There are at least 10 players I would delist infront of him, not including those who ask for a trade or take feee agency. As such I feel he is safe.

What ever you say about Dunn, whether you like him or hate him, no one can deny that he gives 100% at every contest and is a wonderful kick on both feet.

So you would delist 10 but you before Dunn but you are worried about 15 players being upset at the club and wanting to leave?

Maybe they are not wanted - and that is why they are not happy.

What ever you say about Dunn, whether you like him or hate him, no one can deny that he gives 100% at every contest and is a wonderful kick on both feet.

I like Dunn and hope he stays but let's be serious. He occassionally doesn't commit to the ball in the air and his kicking is AFL average levcel (non elite). Happy with his intensity and application generally though.

And BTW player managers are about as trustworthy as used car salesman. They have a vested interest in creating opportunities which can colour their view of situations. I know some want out, but 15? Please.....and even if 15 did, then they can go. Neeld will not sacrifice his professional standards and I like it.

• Like 2

I will start by saying I have a poor opinion of our list and that is probably not news.

It astounds me how many people on Demonland are never happy.

Here are two guys training early in there holiday period in Melbourne.

They are not getting drunk somewhere or being arrested for kicking a car etc.

No they training in mid September.

Well that looks like good news to me.

Can we just for once accept that some of our players are serious about their futures and leave it at that.

Please keep your prejudices in check for five minutes.

• Like 18

Good on 'Em. Both are a chance to stay, for mine Dunn wil stay, yes he isn't 'elite' however guys like Dunn and a joel Mac who have their limitations are good depth players and bring a competitive edge to the table. Bring them in when need be and they will do their role without being stars.

It's all well and good to chop half the list but the replacement guys need to be better and have more to offer, if Dunn is say the 10th player on our list of players to get chopped then the 10th guy we get better have more to offer - personally I don't see that to be the case - he will quit likely be a spud and therefor we are better keeping him.

Both are serviceable. Dunn is more valuable then most think.

I agree davey. Jetta's hardness and Dunn's kicking would be amongst the best few at the Club. You need more than those attributes, but there's a fair few ahead of them in the queue to be shown the door imo.

I agree davey. Jetta's hardness and Dunn's kicking would be amongst the best few at the Club. You need more than those attributes, but there's a fair few ahead of them in the queue to be shown the door imo.

Name 5 players ahead of them who would be more preferable to be delisted then these 2

I can name 3

Bate, Petterd and Bennell

defintely try Jetta in the back pocket. has bit of mongrel and good tackler.

Dunn has had to too many chances and failed IMO.

i recall Dunn in one of his earliest games at the G. A long faired haired kid kicked a couple of nice goals from the around the forward flank of the G Punt road end. Everyone in the Northern members thought we had something with this kid.

Since then he seemed to change his role from a designated forward to a mid tagging type player.

IMO he has what it takes. Given the new game style this year must be very careful giving away these types of guys, Some need another year .

• Like 1

You'd be shocked and angry? That we delisted someone who's been on our list for about 7 years and has achieved nothing to date? Who hasn't improved at all in the last 4 years? Who pulls out semi-impressive (I use this phrase loosely) performances only when it's getting near the end of his current contract?

You could be disappointed, but you would have no ground to be shocked, and you'd be silly to be angry.

It is valid that he seems to have come good coming into his contract expiring. Nevertheless I dispute he gone backwards, half the team has gone backwards and he is not one of them. I am saying that at least 10 should be closer to the door than him, not including walk outs.

So you would delist 10 but you before Dunn but you are worried about 15 players being upset at the club and wanting to leave?

Maybe they are not wanted - and that is why they are not happy.

I never said I would delist 10, I said at least 10 are closer to the door than him, in my opinion.

Yeah, good to see them out having a run, but i think Dunn's time is up and we should move him on.

Dunn tries hard, but i don't think he's one of the smarter players on the list / in the comp.

Despite having a good long kick, he turns the ball over more than most, and his decision making skills are often less than great.

In his defence he's been played in so many roles, by so many coaches, in the forward line (as a KPP and as a flanker) , midfield (run with roles) and down in defence, but he's never really made it in any of those roles has he?

A few good games here, a few good games there, but he is constantly in and out of the team, and i cant remember any consistent seasons. or if he has, then he has not gone on with it.

The most damming thing i think will be that he has been on the list now for quite some time - 7 yrs or so and hasn't established him self as a player, let alone a senior player. And i think he knows it.

He's not the only type of player to fall into that category in fairness, but now has to be the time to move him on, even if we are bereft of players with experience, and try and attract players with similar levels of experience but who are more capable and consistent - if we have to spend a little $ so be it.

he's had he's go - and he's not up to it sadly.

Jetta has had less time on the list and been injured a lot - but i much prefer him to bennell.

deserves another season to get fit and see what happens during the year but if he doesn't deliver then it could be time to move him on.

Edited by melbfc2013

I will start by saying I have a poor opinion of our list and that is probably not news.

It astounds me how many people on Demonland are never happy.

Here are two guys training early in there holiday period in Melbourne.

They are not getting drunk somewhere or being arrested for kicking a car etc.

No they training in mid September.

Well that looks like good news to me.

Can we just for once accept that some of our players are serious about their futures and leave it at that.

Please keep your prejudices in check for five minutes.

I'd expect all of them to be running every day. whether OS on holidays or at home here. Maybe not pushing themselves, & maybe not trying to improve they're fitness YET, but certainly at least maintaining they're fitness base.

They are on holidays so you'd hope they are enjoying themselves & relieving any pent up stress, but still keeping themselves healthy, & ready to hit the tan running.

Name 5 players ahead of them who would be more preferable to be delisted then these 2

I can name 3

Bate, Petterd and Bennell

You have asked for 5, so I would add Davis and Couch to your lot.

Its good to hear, this is what Meth Coast do, I live near a few of them and see them keeping themselves in shape in the off season. Nev Jetta has a lot of heart, is naturally hard and will do whatever the coach asks, he's a keep for me

Dunn is not rated by a lot of Demonlanders but he can play many roles and is required for depth. Found a niche down back in the second half of the season.

I'm pretty sure they will be ahead of many others in being kept on the list

• Like 2

Well if nothing else, maybe Neeld has instilled into these two (and hopefully others) that they need to work, work, work, wherever they happen to be playing next season.