FAREWELL LIAM JURRAH

DemonDave

That would be a serious case of cutting of your nose to spite your face dee-luded.

He would not come back just play SANFL and we would have a wasted spot on our list.

You also seem to miss the point that his family is way more important than AFL.

Kiss him goodbye and lets use the spot for someone who wants to play with the MFC

Maybe, but if you believe in doing the right thing & someone smites you, you can play hard, & stick to your Principles.

Have you given up on yours?

I'm not a happy camper right now. I have to admit that I do not wish him well. It's not that he's decided to leave the club. I could stomach that. But he's gone down the path of Jeff Farmer and screwed us on his way out the door. The proper way to handle this would have been to quietly tell the club his decision and let them shop him around to the Adelaide clubs to see if they could get a bite. Instead, he's gone public, leaving us without a leg to stand on. We now have no chance of trading him and will be forced to watch as he is picked up in the rookie draft by PA.

Except that if as the club statement says, he reckons he can't commit to AFL until his case is over no-one could commit to him. Even with forewarning we probably could not have bluffed a trade through.

we as a club just have to learn how to play for keeps. Theres no prisoners taken. You push bluffers to the brink. Youre prepared to forego wankers.

Were tooooooooo nice as a club. This must stop. NOW

• Like 1

I understand aboriginals are closer to families but

This is not against you Demon Land 7 but I hate this crap, it is a cop out we all get homesick and lonely some of us just do what we have to for the benefit of our families, careers and our future

• Like 1

Maybe, but if you believe in doing the right thing & someone smites you, you can play hard, & stick to your Principles.

Although we would have to keep paying him, I wouldn't be at all bothered if the club rookied him. PA won't move on him until the rookie draft, if then. Why would they waste a spot n the main list when there's no competition for him and they don't know if he'll be available? Then we'd still have his contract to on-trade next year.

Gotta tell you all he was always going to struggle to justify a spot on our list next year. This a weight off the clubs shoulders. Now we can get back on to matters mainly concerning football. Thanks to Liam but reality is the club gave you everything and should not feel guilty about now maximizing it's position.

Dee-luded I don't believe it is about Principles.

There are laws he has done nothing wrong yet.

It is the AFL you have to be pragmatic

Forget vengeance

Just get the best from the situation.

No one at the MFC is going to waste a spot on the list to get even

Nothing is impossIble. Pay Malthouse enough and offer him total. Offer him total control of recruitment and training. He'll come to us. F... Carlton.

People get off the effin' Malthouse train. You are doing your own mental health no favours.

We chose Neeld, he will get a good go of it so just suck it up and lets see where he takes us.

He is certainly the toughest coach we have had in years.

Edited by The Song Formerly Known As
  • Like 6

Although we would have to keep paying him, I wouldn't be at all bothered if the club rookied him. PA won't move on him until the rookie draft, if then. Why would they waste a spot n the main list when there's no competition for him and they don't know if he'll be available? Then we'd still have his contract to on-trade next year.

Ralph, i don't think there is a rookie draft anymore. No Rookies, so it's just all rolled into the PSD

Might be wrong but

Guest KingDingAling

We have a pick before Port in the PSD.

So, If Port dont want to deal with us on the trade table, why would we let Jurrah roll on up there for nothing?

Gotta tell you all he was always going to struggle to justify a spot on our list next year. This a weight off the clubs shoulders. Now we can get back on to matters mainly concerning football. Thanks to Liam but reality is the club gave you everything and should not feel guilty about now maximizing it's position.

Well said!

Tired of the distraction and negative press to be honest.

If living in Melbourne compared to Yuendemu was a culture shock, so is Neeld running the show compared to Bailey!

Get more players in like Clark, Jones, Howe, Blease who want to be at the MFC!

• Like 3

Can I take a moment to address a notion thats perpetrated in the media : i.e that Liam needs to REIGNITE his career !!! wtf ??

If it went out ( the flame ) it went out it went out at his own hand ( literally ) , by his own direction. Melbourne hasnt extinguished his career. If anything we have tried...and tried to fan the flames and help keep it thriving.

This now smacks of a persoanl agenda. That or a wimpy "I cant face reality ,so its someone elses fault .....bwwahhhh ! "

We're all our own commanders. We are responsible for our actions and discourse. Only the weak go running to blame others.

This must be what he means if he needs to go elsewhere to 'reignite" his footy.

Im very disappointed in this lad. i thought he had it. I thought he had that special something that set him apart from lesser lower flying mortals.

Hes just mortal. Hes made mistakes. Hes making a really big one now. Either his advisers are fallible or they have an agenda, maybe they always did.

I say this to you Liam, not that your likely to read this, but however: You came to us , as a club, and accepted our desire to understand your persona, your family, your 'everything'. In return we would have hoped you gave as much.

We now know you cant. fair enough as such but dont come the raw prawn and diss us, dismiss us . Thats simply not acceptable.

I thought youwere truly deserving of respect. Now I dont.. None what so ever.

Edited by belzebub59
  • Like 2

What a season this has turned out to be.

I didn't expect that all the hard work that was put into Jurrah would count for nothing.

We're left high and dry without any recognition of the efforts the club has gone too.

No one wins today.

For me it's the unfulfilled potential a bit of Jakovich about all of this.

• Like 1

do i really need to say anything ?

...no....you may risk being accused of racism. That is why I was very moderate in my earlier remarks, or at least moderated what I was going to say. Edited by monoccular

What a season this has turned out to be.

I didn't expect that all the hard work that was put into Jurrah would count for nothing.

We're left high and dry without any recognition of the efforts the club has gone too.

No one wins today.

For me it's the unfulfilled potential a bit of Jakovich about all of this.

I guess, on the positive side, if MFC survives this year surely it can survive anything!

Adversity generates strength, provided you survive it.

Three players have walked out on the club in last couple of years: Wonna, Lawrence and now Liam.

Yes, one was fat and unfit, one was playing Casey 2nds and wanted to go home from day one, the third has his family in Adelaide and a serious Court case next year which he wants to concentrate on, as well as being injured or unfit all year. Your point is?

Yes, one was fat and unfit, one was playing Casey 2nds and wanted to go home from day one, the third has his family in Adelaide and a serious Court case next year which he wants to concentrate on, as well as being injured or unfit all year. Your point is?

you know what Red..theres ways and means of doing things..A right way and a wrong way.

which way do you think Liams gone about things ??

He just waits till the pre season draft deluded.

That is how we got Joel McDonald from Brisbane.

Just wait and as we had I think first pick we took him and Brisbane got nil

Incorrect. If uncontracted a player can go in the main draft and then the pre season one as well.

Nothing is impossIble. Pay Malthouse enough and offer him total. Offer him total control of recruitment and training. He'll come to us. F... Carlton.

So you are suggesting sacking unceremoniously one of his protégées, mid contract, then expecting him to regard us as reliable or honourable enough for him to risk his reputation by coming running to us.

It will be hard enough for him to trust CarlTank after what they have done with one of their "favoured sons", but who in the hell wold want to come to us were we wo sack Neeld after 9 months attempting to totally overturn a sick lazy culture. Anyone coming after that would be stark raving mad.

PS: By the way, is this a Jurrah or a Neeld/Malthouse thread.

• Like 3