• IMPORTANT: PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Posting unsubstantiated rumours on this website is strictly forbidden.

Demonland has made the difficult decision to not permit this platform to be used to discuss & debate the off-field issues relating to the Melbourne Football Club including matters currently being litigated between the Club & former Board members, board elections, the issue of illicit drugs in footy, the culture at the club & the personal issues & allegations against some of our players & officials ...

We do not take these issues & this decision lightly & of course we believe that these serious matters affecting the club we love & are so passionate about are worthy of discussion & debate & I wish we could provide a place where these matters can be discussed in a civil & respectful manner.

However these discussions unfortunately invariably devolve into areas that may be defamatory, libelous, spread unsubstantiated rumours & can effect the mental health of those involved. Even discussion & debate of known facts or media reports can lead to finger pointing, blame & personal attacks.

The repercussion is that these discussions can open this website, it’s owners & it’s users to legal action & may result in this website being forced to shutdown.

Our moderating team are all volunteers & cannot moderate the forum 24/7 & as a consequence problematic content that contravenes our rules & standards may go unnoticed for some time before it can be removed.

We reserve the right to delete posts that offend against our above policy & indeed, to ban posters who are repeat offenders or who breach our code of conduct.

WE HAVE BUILT A FANTASTIC ONLINE COMMUNITY AT DEMONLAND OVER THE PAST 23 YEARS & WE WOULD LIKE TO CONTINUE TO BE ABLE TO DISCUSS THE CLUB WE LOVE & ARE SO PASSIONATE ABOUT.

Thank you for your continued support & understanding. Go Dees.

FAREWELL LIAM JURRAH

DemonDave

Every boy Needs to Look up to His Dad.

Don't spare the rod, discipline, & don't forget the Love. Balance is Harmony. He'll be a level headed boy.

I'll let you know how it goes in about 5 years dee-luded.

So disapointing he wont be with us next year and he's gonna be a force if he lines up with adelaide...

Alright mfc time to pull up your socks and get us something of value for him...anyone think a playr + 2nd rnd pick is out of the question?

Ill bet you my car that he wont ever be a 'force' and he will never play for Adelaide.

I mean clubs cant enough of players with impending charges that will constitute jail time if found guilty and who respond to getting themselves in trouble and club support by putting in half-arsed efforts and requests not to play when coachs believe they are fit enough...

Liam would have been delisted at seasons end. perhaps traded but I doubt that Neeld would have kept him around and Malthouse probably made the right call at the Magpies.

As for getting Malthouse - some people just have NO idea about what is going on...

Neeld is basically Malthouse by proxy. Malthouse sold Neeld to the club. Malthouse has constantly backed (and probably had input in) every decision Neeld has made thus far. Malthouse has even been mentoring jack Watts.

malthouse would never walk into a job of a guy he likes and rates as highly as Neeld. Further, after hearing Neeld's insights into the running of the club and its culture and FB department he would have no interest. he even said that Neeld came into a 'club where it was all about everything BUT football, let me tell you' - in his own words.

I havent read all this thread and this may have been said already but when we picked Jurrah...wasnt Rockliff training with us looking for a chance? Brisbane picked him after we passed but I think if there was no Jurrah we would have gone that way. Its definitely a torment being a dee in 2012 isnt it.

I have a semi ridiculous theory that, after the Jurrah machete incident, the bone was pointed at us...black magic. How the FU$K else do you explain whats happened this year!

• Like 1

Dont worry Striker they go numb after a while and being an MFC supporter you should be used to it!

Ahhh my first MFC punch in the balls, I remember it well.

1987 at Waverley Park.

Still makes me quiver.

Fev was on my wish list this year. Not a hope in hell Melbourne would go there.

Maybe, but he can still play..

He'd need to get fit. Misson would have to work his magic.

Clarke with Fev & Howe.

Sylv in the guts with Grimes, Jones & Trenners + Viney.

Backs with Frawls, Garlo, TMac, Strauss, Tynan, etc

Rucks Jamar with Spence/Martin.

It starts to look a bit more potent.

Three players have walked out on the club in last couple of years: Wonna, Lawrence and now Liam.

do i really need to say anything ?

Four players...

Who'd I miss?

Got distracted by the "nut punching" and "bone pointing"...

Edited by PaulRB

This is a very hard pill to swallow. I was really holding out hope that I would see him in a Mebourne jumper again, obviously that hope was misplaced.

What really cuts at me is how we have been used as a support network for his legal battle, but have got nothing but disrespect back in return. We deserved better. I get that he's going through a lot at the moment, but if his focus is truly on his case and getting his life back on track than footy shouldn't be on his radar, Adelaide or not.

The thing that really stings is the idea that this happened with us giving him our blessing to go home, then we give him massive support with his case, while he is injured with us paying for rehab, only for him to up and leave.

I want to let him go with a "good luck and all the best", but I just don't think I can at the moment.

What is the indigenous "cause"?? What are the antics exactly? Nothing proved . Tell me what did Fevola do to progress the white man's cause? Would you like anymore examples.

Perhaps the White Person doesn't need a cause cos he's shat all over Aboriginal culture, tradition and people for over 200 years.

Still happening....

See your not even getting the point. I doubt what he was talking about has anything to do with the charges - what he is talking about no doubt is Wonnamerri saying he hated melbourne and didnt want to play at the club. Or talking about Aaron Davey allegedly telling Misfid that Neeld was a racist and then recanting. Or perhaps Liam - who through stress or distraction - responded to the problem he got himself into (and I understand the cultural issues up there better than most because I know someone who lives up in a community in medicine) by half-arsed efforst at training and asking not to play when coaches believed he was up to it.

This is from a club that was lauded under the Daniher years for managing the cultural sensitivities of indigenous players so well.

This is a very hard pill to swallow. I was really holding out hope that I would see him in a Mebourne jumper again, obviously that hope was misplaced.

What really cuts at me is how we have been used as a support network for his legal battle, but have got nothing but disrespect back in return. We deserved better. I get that he's going through a lot at the moment, but if his focus is truly on his case and getting his life back on track than footy shouldn't be on his radar, Adelaide or not.

The thing that really stings is the idea that this happened with us giving him our blessing to go home, then we give him massive support with his case, while he is injured with us paying for rehab, only for him to up and leave.

I want to let him go with a "good luck and all the best", but I just don't think I can at the moment.

Snarl-Spotted-Leopard.jpg

But whatever, you go on whinging.

Now you're just being a hysterical little girl.

Pot calling the kettle black.

Blaming Neeld, or anyone in the FD for this, is wrong on so many levels. How could it possibly be Neeld's fault? Just another excuse for people to come out and pot him at every opportunity. This club has been down the toilet for a while now, we asked for the change, and then when he starts to make the necessary changes to turn this club around we start to criticise him for it?

Spot on.

I bloody hope not. Can't someone keep their first number and build some damn history in it for once? 38 is Jeremy Howe.

So glad someone else thinks this too! I can't stand players moving numbers. The lower numbers are only more 'prestigious' because players who have worn them before have played well in them. Howe can make 38 the next prestigious number if he wants. Heck, 31 is only famous because Barassi didn't move down to something lower.

The whole premise of moving numbers is so silly. You come to the club, you get a number, that's your number for your time here.

Not to mention if Jurrah does go to Collingwood he won't have to change his colours if he goes to jail.

1192PFW.jpg

not his colours maybe...but his direction !! ???

Its no fun if you dont subject others to this hell !

Especially your kids.

Misery loves company.

And you never know, they may thank you for it one day.

Edited by PaulRB

he who shall not be named!

Now there is someone deserving of a nut punch and bone pointing.

Wasn't upset he left.

Much.

Edited by PaulRB

The contracts thread shows that he is out of contract this year. Therefore we are unlikely to get anything for him.

Yes finally someone gets it.

Congratulations Theo why is it everyone thinks that we get to have any input on where LJ goes.

He can enter the pre season draft.

He has said he will live no where else but Adelaide.

It is pointless GWS, CGS ,MFc or Bulldogs picking him.

Port is next if they want him guess what he goes to Port and the Dees get Zero.

The benefit to the MFC is we no longer have his problems and distractions.

I reckon there are quite a few at the MFC that are not crying themselves to sleep tonight.

A much bigger problem is Rivers walking to Geelong

LJ is a side show. nothing in 2012 and probably not a lot more in 2013 had he stayed.

I was over him months ago.

Lets get on with keeping Rivers.

wewll what happened to the big cry fof cash afew years back to donate to the cause /. ? i want a refund , , VB CANS 1 slab , you have my address , oh how nice it was at the time , blue skies , stooged !