FAREWELL LIAM JURRAH

DemonDave

As disappointed as anyone but this is about a young man's life in circumstances most of us cannot even imagine.

I wish him well.

As for RR, what a disgrace.

The implied suggestion that Rude boy has plotted for Liam to be at Collingwood is just offensive and frankly RR should apologise.

Rudeboy has never let his allegiance to Collingwood stand before his allegiance to Liam. The MFC has been the beneficiary of Rudeboy's integrity.

Apologise for suggesting a player may move to another club by virtue of his links there?

It's an opinion on what might transpire. If you can't handle others' opinions my suggestion is you head down to Bunnings, buy yourself some timber, build a bridge ... and get over it.

Liam's issues aren't going away any time soon. He's got bigger things on his plate than footy.

But if he plays footy again, it will be in the SANFL at best. Maybe the Darwin league.

Can't see any Vic club touching him now, and Adelaide and Port will not want to risk a spot on their list.

Are you referring to the Tanking story?

I was wondering when that was going to hit.

I have said all along I will be surprised if we escape.

No. On a closer reading of this thread I see Hells Gates has raised the same thing I heard - that Rivers wants out. It's only a rumour but a serious one I believe.

The way we have treated LJ with kid gloves is the real story here. He injured himself (wrist) in Rd 20 last year wasn't fit enough to play and requested another game at Casey. FInally played rd 11 and injured himself. We let him go home to NT and he wasn't sanctioned despite being out drinking during rehab and getting into appalling trouble with a machete (allegedly).

The club needs to weed out this soft c*** approach. Its truly pathetic.

People like Jurrah and even Moloney who don't want to be here should get TF out now, We don't want em. The club needs to start getting tough.

Actually he wasnt treated with kid gloves; he was put out to run around ovals endlessly on his own.

Not once did the tough man in charge speak about him as far as I recall and on that alone its no suprise that the lure of family is strong for a bloke so far out of his natural comfort zone.

If there was ever a player who should have been given latitude from the 'toughen up of F off ' it was LJ.

As a passing point of interest Adelaide is basically a country town,which might be more attractive to him and he already knows Bailey is sympathetic to him and brought out his best qualities (should he go to them),Collingwood doesnt play there and probably this is why,with all the Rudeboy Industrial Magpie connections Collingwood werent going to pick him up

Geez its a shame though...he was poetry in motion .

Frankly Neeld is batting zero at present...10 games from Clark who is good but how good over time we dont yet know, and Jones was clearly on the improve before the new regime took power. Watts is same old same old same old. Howe still cant kick straight and we cant even beat Port any more..... No contract coz he was making a statement...goodbye LJ and Riv for nought

Epic fail...except of course Viney is going to turn it all around...phew

LJ was something special

No. On a closer reading of this thread I see Hells Gates has raised the same thing I heard - that Rivers wants out. It's only a rumour but a serious one I believe.

I think you are both correct

Apparantely we did know, because when asked to confirm by the Herald Sun, we said that what has transpired was expected.

But even so, it has now been 90 minutes since the sotry broke that LJ has quit the club, i would have thought it doesn't take that long for the club to clarify and post something on the official MFC website. This is not the first time, many times actually, where melbournefc.com.au is the last place to inform melbourne supporters on certain things concerning the MFC.

I just think it's an extremely poor effort to keep its members informed, seeing how we are trying to become 'elite' in everything we do, HA.

The club has more to think about than an unqualified statement by a glory hunting journo.

yes he maybe leaving, but just wait until the whole story unravels.

• Like 1

Port have issued a statement re Jurrah:

http://www.portadela...16/default.aspx

I hope Peter Rhode has a soft spot for the Dee's after his time with us. May be our best ally in getting a reasonable deal out of them.

Melb will be very muted with it's statement, don't want to further reduce his trade value. Yet don't want to make out there was an issue with the club...

I hope Peter Rhode has a soft spot for the Dee's after his time with us. May be our best ally in getting a reasonable deal out of them.

Don't hold your breath Mcqueen

We will get nothing

Why would Port deal they can get him for nothing

Console yourself to that

And yet still nothing from MFC. [censored] me, how long does it take to put something up?

(Spoiler: about 30 seconds.)

Who cares, if he isnt locked up, and I doubt he will be, he's playing for Port Adelaide.

btw Eddie will go to Carlton

and no one cares what MFC thinks despite the Coach defending what it stands for to his last breath.

If he took off his goggles he might notice that he's lost the players completely,next it will be his assistants.

My night with Liam Jurrah

I am really good mates with one of jurrahs friends and was lucky enough to be invited to his house in south oakleigh. For a afl quality football player I was pretty shocked at how he lived. Must of spend most of his money on his car because that's what he basically already has. After being there for a couple of hours I found out that Liam does have a high amount of alcohol like a whole bottle of Smirnoff and a 4 pack of double black. He was asked not to consume any alcohol but he didn't listen anyway. All this was on the first time we play saint kinda during his rehab so I take it this would have not helped with his rehab having high amounts of alcohol. He does tend to speed a lot as well. I just thought I would say this after he would be off the list. The mate did say to me like 2 months ago that he wanted to play for Adelaide but he talks a lot of smack so I didn't believe him

Ps don't hate I'm just a 17 year old kid

Jesus. I don't know what would be worse, this being true or someone making this [censored] up, either way there's some serious drugs involved.

• Like 1

If we're all honest with ourselves, we've seen this coming for a while. Its a sad day for the club though.

Imagine if we lost Jurrah, Rivers & Moloney from our list? 2 seasoned players and a bloke with serious x factor who were all best 22 in 2010 :(

Worst season in my 36 years as a one eyed supporter. Perhaps Jurrah should not be blamed on Neeld, however, no one can deny Neeld has spectacularly managed to get at least half our list off side. AFL is a confidence sport which is said to be 90% above the shoulders. When players lose their confidence they lose their ability as seen with Cloak and Daws. Neeld has destroyed the confidence of so many players it is pressing and deeply concerning.

Neeld is the Julia Gillard of Football. I count the days down until it is commercial that we can fire him just as I count down the days until the next election.

Neeld is the worst mistake the MFC has made since sacking Norm Smith. Why our board did not extend Bailey for one more year, opening the door for Multhouse, Roos and Mathews I don't know. Tactfully we could have fired Bailey mid season and had the choice of 3 Premiership Coaches before other clubs like Carlton's season was over. I said this at the time, the board has been very dumb on this one. At least they are good at raising money.

Neeld has to go.

Liam Jurrah is dealing with life circumstances that are extremely difficult for most of us to comprehend. His home town is in a state of civil war. His mother's side of the family is exiled in Adelaide because it is not safe for them to remain in Yuendumu. There is no real prospect of a resolution that would see the civil war in Yuendumu end. Liam himself faces serious assualt charges that have their genesis in the cause of the ongoing civil war in Yuendumu.

Good luck to Liam in all the challenges that he and his family and the people of Yuendumu confront.

GO DEES

• Like 4

Why does this seem like scully all over again.

I'm so tired of this

when is this joint going to resemble something that works professionally.

C'mon now (in a dodgey Father Ted accent).

Yes, Mark Neeld put an axe in his hand and told him to go split his cousins head open.

Jesus

• Like 2

Actually he wasnt treated with kid gloves; he was put out to run around ovals endlessly on his own.

Not once did the tough man in charge speak about him as far as I recall and on that alone its no suprise that the lure of family is strong for a bloke so far out of his natural comfort zone.

If there was ever a player who should have been given latitude from the 'toughen up of F off ' it was LJ.

NO player at the Melbourne Football Club can be given latitude from requirement to meet elite fitness standards.

• Like 2