There seems to be plenty of posters who just Blue Sky mine on the Trading Thread and have given up on the post matches and current crop.

I am happy to go into how good it is all going to be but, we aint done here yet. Those that still follow this years efforts are to be congratulated.

Once our players decide they want to start winning games, maybe they'll get a few more people through the gates. Until then, they deserve to play in front of whatever die-hard supporters are willing to sit through the garbage they dish up every week.

Spot on. You cant honestly expect people, other than die hards, to sit through the rubbish we have see the last two years. Its the length of time that is the factor. Ill sit through a period of rubbish, but 4 out of 5 years of being given nothing, its pretty tough for people, myself included.

Once our players decide they want to start winning games, maybe they'll get a few more people through the gates. Until then, they deserve to play in front of whatever die-hard supporters are willing to sit through the garbage they dish up every week.

I cant believe they still have not made their mind up after 6 years.

The die hard supporters deserve far far better than the utter carp that is being served. At present the players dont deserve that unquestioned support.

• Like 3

P.S.- whoever the [censored] #11 umpire is, please go learn the rules you absolute hopeless cause. One of the worst umpires I have ever had the displeasure of seeing!

Copped an absolute spray late in the 4th from the reserved seating. He then avoided that particular pocket like the plague.

meanwhile the rest of the comp will wait while we play catch-up :huh:

damn decent of them :)

Youll find Sunday evening is a black hole.

Couldn't get to the 'G' yesterday so went to the Bentleigh Club. There were 3 people plus the barmaid and one supporter left at 1/2 time. We all thought everyone must be at game.

Now I wonder if everyone else has Foxtel or indeed Sunday evening is a black hole for all footy away from one's living room. AFL should take note.

I was at the game because I could, and I wanted to say my thanks to Brad Green who I have enjoyed watching for many years. I understand others couldn't make it. 4:40 on a Sunday is a shocking time to schedule. I understand that others couldn't have made 2:15 on a Saturday if they played it then. Life is like that.

Everyone has a choice.

I hope what we have in common is a love for the Dees and a desire to see them at the top again, playing great winning footy.

I'm sticking with them. They are my team. Jump off if you want. That is your choice.

See you at the footy next year.

• Like 3

Thats you best work im guessing?

So only paid up members are allowed to post here? I wont be donating any more to this pathetic excuse for a football club. You can continue wasting your money any way you see fit. DH

OK sounds good to me. Exactly what the club needs to gain a culture of success. Remove defeatist characters like yourself. Wouldnt want to be standing in the trenches next to you. LOL. Au Revoir mate.

I just want to share my experience; we have been going to the footy together since he was 18months old but this year my 8 year old has really latched onto footy and through indoctrination has become died in the wool Demon.

At 3/4 time I asked him if he wanted to head off home (I don't want to totally put him off the game). His immediate response was "no Dad, we have to stay and support our team" Naturally I took quite a deal of comfort from this. Hopefully we won't have that quandry too often in the future. He did admit to me later that the day we played the Eagles and got flogged by 100 points he felt a bit embarrased to support the team.

It is tough supporting our club at any age.

Go Dees!

• Like 2

I went with my 17yo son. We wanted to send Greeny off with full support. We would have been there anyway. It's a father and son thing. This is the first time he drove into the ground and home again. You could say he is now taking his old man to the footy. I'm pleased that he sticks! After Robbo's quiz question about how many flags MFC won in the 50's, I caught him looking up to that part of the stand that lists our premierships... poor bastard has never witnessed one (I have... 1964). I did notice as we watched the third quarter capitulation, that he swears a lot more than he ever used to... The only time his old man swears is at the footy...

• Like 2

OK sounds good to me. Exactly what the club needs to gain a culture of success. Remove defeatist characters like yourself. Wouldnt want to be standing in the trenches next to you. LOL. Au Revoir mate.

be gentle....i think ding is suffering severe demonology withdrawal....recovery is longer than a full knee rebuild

That pygmy of commentators, Tony Shaw on radio last night "Mellbourne are a disgrace they have had 13 no.1 draft picks in the last 6 years"

Sadly none of the other pygmies picked him up on it

You can catch Tony at the Chair of Mathematics at Melbourne Uni (when he's not head-butting elm trees)

What abouat his comment that the way the senior players were playing they were definitely not playing for their coach and that there was seriously something wrong "down there". His other comment about the chances of teams playing next week in particular Fremantle against MFC, he described us as "that outfit". Even the other commentator said we can see where his allegiance lie. He totally denigrates Melbourne every chance he gets. How would he know if the senior players were or weren't playing for the Coach. He couldnt even get the names of the players right and at one stage said that Frawley had kicked the ball when he had handballed it. Couldnt play, couldnt coach and certainly cant commentate.

Was just trying to think what players get a pass mark this year. I could only think of 4, Jones, Howe, McDonald, and Blease. This is why we are where we are. The saying "Too much left to too few" doesn't even come close to describing this clubs situation.

Add clark and you've got the sad reality of our season and the reason we will finish ahead of only the expansion clubs

Add clark and you've got the sad reality of our season and the reason we will finish ahead of only the expansion clubs

And that is reality. Perhaps our most disappointing season ever when I consider the steps taken over the summer to restructure the FD. Easy for others to slag off at Melbourne supporters but fair dinkum, we've been given nothing for 5 years. \The entire Bailey / Prendergast era has been an umitigated disaster, and the jury is still out on Neeld.

For the first time in my life, I'll be glad when it's over.

I could barely drag myself to the game. If it wasn't for greeny I wouldn't have bothered.

I cannot wait for this season to be over. I hope the fellas aren't going to party like they acheived anything this year.