EnergyWatch Sponsorship Cancelled

Dr. Mubutu

Billy, I'm sorry if I misinterpreted your actual position, but you made two statements:

"The main issue (from what I can understand) is that the MFC didn't do appropriate background checks ..."

You used the word "that", implying fact. It's not "that", it's "whether" i.e. "The main issue is whether the MFC did appropriate background checks ...". The different meaning ought to be obvious.

In another statement, you said:

"Melbourne Victory, like the Melbourne Football Club, I would've thought would have done appropriate background checks. Both should be professional enough to ensure this won't happen again in the future."

Again, there's the acceptance that they didn't, when we just don't know. Hence my conclusion that it seemed to be your position.

If you want your position to be interpreted differently, be more careful with the words you use.

Edited by maurie

Back on the topic of sponsorships. I spoke to a mate at footy training last night, He works at the Dees. He told me Melbourne are trying to get Kaspersky back on board at a discounted rate. He told me it will be announced soon.

We are like that Paula Abdul song- one step forward, two steps back.

So embarrassing!

We are like that Paula Abdul song- one step forward, two steps back.

So embarrassing!

Opposites Attract - I just googled the lyrics. You could be onto something:

"I take things serious

And you take 'em light"

"Our friends are sayin'

We ain't gonna last

Cuz I move slowly"

"Baby ain't it somethin'

How we lasted this long

You and me

Provin' everyone wrong

Don't think we'll ever

Get our differences patched"

Did he happen to mention how discounted? I know they sponsor Manly but have no idea what amount...

Major sponsor or more minor?

He said as a Major sponsor. He didn't know the size of the discount.

If the club had any clue how to do a proper background check, they wouldn't need to look at a facebook page now would they. Surely this Pollis's character would have come out if we were thorough.But alas, we have let another one deceive us.

We couldn't find it in Scully, now we couldn't find it in Pollis. The question has to be asked, are the people running our club the best candidates? We sure have our problems at the moment don't we. And we aim to become an elite club, LOL.

there is a difference between sitting down with someone who is quirky and left of centre and accepting their money and someone who holds repugnant views. Maybe he did not espouse his repugnant views at the time (damn sure he didnt).

If anyone has read Steve Jobs' book - I wonder if we would steer clear of his money ? He comes across not much different from this dude in his left of centre entrance into the business world and some of his dealings. The difference is that Jobs wasnt a racist or sexist - but he did display whacko tendancies.

Back on the topic of sponsorships. I spoke to a mate at footy training last night, He works at the Dees. He told me Melbourne are trying to get Kaspersky back on board at a discounted rate. He told me it will be announced soon.

If that is the case, and we sign them on for less, then that should just about be CS marching orders. I'm not having a go at trying to obtain sponsors, more so the fact that we would have gone backwards. Wasn't it CS who stated that he wasn't going to undersell the MFC brand? Oh dear!

It seems to me that Cam is now in panic mode and is trying to save his job. It seems too little too late if you choose to believe rumours on SEN that the board is set to give him the arse sometime in the not too distant future.

Perhaps if he had shown as much tenacity and dedication to obtaining sponsors 6 months ago, as opposed to seemingly sitting on his arse designing special guernseys, we wouldn't be in the situation we are now. Maybe we would've been only needing to get only 1 sponsor as opposed to 2.

Edited by Demon Disciple

there is a difference between sitting down with someone who is quirky and left of centre and accepting their money and someone who holds repugnant views. Maybe he did not espouse his repugnant views at the time (damn sure he didnt).

If anyone has read Steve Jobs' book - I wonder if we would steer clear of his money ? He comes across not much different from this dude in his left of centre entrance into the business world and some of his dealings. The difference is that Jobs wasnt a racist or sexist - but he did display whacko tendancies.

Steve Jobs also had Hardware behind him that grew...

I have a book about the growth of Macintosh that was published in the late 80's.

When Mac was Big, but not life Changing....Fascinating..Jobs was always Left Field, but he did have vision.

Polis is just a con man...His Business is a paper trail.

Steve Jobs also had Hardware behind him that grew...

I have a book about the growth of Macintosh that was published in the late 80's.

When Mac was Big, but not life Changing....Fascinating..Jobs was always Left Field, but he did have vision.

Polis is just a con man...His Business is a paper trail.

A paper trail so many people jumped into, even some of Aust most "reputable Retailers".....

A paper trail so many people jumped into, even some of Aust most "reputable Retailers".....

A good con man does that, they talk...people get taken...Happened to me about 13 years ago.

A "mate" hooked me into a scheme...and i got burnt..not critical, but it cost me about 5 years to pay off just to get back to zero...

I am very suss on these people since then...Does EW actually have office space we can visit or just a postal address??

Let's try not to be too sensitive here people.

This is a forum full of the most victimised, touchy, paranoid people on Earth - Melbourne supporters.

Let's not treat regular Landers like they are on a School Holidays Flamethrowing Mission.

Got plenty of those at the moment...

How dare you talk about me like that-I'm suing everybody for racism and victimisation.

Get Mifsud on the line !!!

Out of left field view , delibrate attempt by pollis to get sponsorship contracts broken by other party to save coy from going bust?

the more i read about ew and BP, the more this view is not so left field, By demons, rebels and victory ending agreements, millions have been saved for EW

the more i read about ew and BP, the more this view is not so left field, By demons, rebels and victory ending agreements, millions have been saved for EW

He can break as many sponsorships as he wants, but if this Phoenix activity proves correct that will be the end of EW and Polis himself.

Guest José Mourinho

Except the facebook status updates in question dated back as far as 2010, and most pre-dated the EW sponsorship deal...

likewise, it wouldnt be energy watch kind of money, but at least it would be clean.

Why do you say that?

They are another dot.com selection company working in Airfares/Hotel brokering rather than energy

Not saying they aren't clean but just curious how you would know

Guest José Mourinho

Why do you say that?

They are another dot.com selection company working in Airfares/Hotel brokering rather than energy

I dare say CS and the board would inspect everything ten-fold this time around.

Why do you say that?

What a strange economy we have?

Webjet, choosi, EW, iSelect...

How do they make so much money?