Demonland

Oh yeah, football. Forgot about that.

LOL at Moloney's "injury". Soft. Wish they had just said "omitted for playing like garbage".

The sad thing is, our midfield just went from bad to worse!

I'm not sure if our midfield is totally to blame. We won 54% of the contested possessions - higher than any other club's average.

We just didn't run and spread and offer targets once we had the ball, and i don't think we did a good job of manning up.

The mystery is how we won the contested possessions last week, but got done at the clearances. Please explain MFC!!!

We also have to increase our uncontested possessions. We are really getting smashed each week.

Edited by DirtyDees DDC

Guest Jackie

We look a bit top heavy. Who are the emergencies? Who cares if Couch is slow. If he can get the ball and give it to someone that's all we want.

Edited by Jackie

I'm not sure if our midfield is totally to blame. We won 54% of the contested possessions - higher than any other club's average.

We just didn't run and spread and offer targets once we had the ball, and i don't think we did a good job of manning up.

They mystery is how we won the contested possessions last week, but got done at the clearances. Please explain MFC!!!

We also have to increase our uncontested possessions. We are really getting smashed each week.

Not enough Hard Running DD....Subiaco must be a running gameplan...

Can't say I'm happy with these selections.

We were murdered in the middle and haven't added anything to it.

We saw what Magner brought, Couch had a similar pre season and played well last week. Should've been in for Moloney.

Green should be out to fit Dunn in.

Glad Petterd is in.

I don't like Bennell, and despite my earlier thoughts, I would've let Davey have one more chance after this week, see what sort of ticker he has. But there was no turning back after making the "blind faith" comment.

In the end, ins and outs won't make any difference to this game. It's going to be a nightmare.

We atleast won the contested football, just didnt do anything with it on the outside

I think people are overlooking the fact that Jamar played ratshit. He didn't help us in the ruck with his tiggy little "taps" down to his own feet. Hopefully he'll relish the challenge of NicNat and Cox, and actually do some damage with his taps. Glad to see Aaron Davey out of the side. Beamer's clearly legitimately injured, and despite his poor performance on the weekend and his (IMO) pathetic leadership in general, we're worse without him in the side.

EDIT: Also, Macdonald remains in, which indicates the coach's intentions of only playing triers and battlers - even those whose skills are not quite up to par. I'm okay with that.

Edited by Chook

They said "groin", which is the new "general soreness", which the old "omitted",

If he is not named at Casey one would have to assume that he is actually injured.

Now possibly, just possibly, an injury may have contributed to his poor showing last weekend.

It would seem pretty senseless to "drop"him on form and not give him a game at Casey to get him some match play. It would also not send a necessary message.

PS: IF he played with an injury that he didn't report last week, (like he did when ill in the 186 last year), then I think that is a great explanation as to why he was removed from the leadership group. It would make him clearly not a team player. If he is injured and did this, he really should clamber his way back visa Casey and not come straight back in as soon as (he claims) he is over the injury.

Edited by monoccular
  • Like 1

Very happy that Davey has been dropped lots of respect for Neeld doing that because it was always going to be a discussion point and outside influences should never impact eam selection.

Now we get a chance to see if Green can prove that he was unhappy with last week. Something seems not quite right about beamers "injury"- why was he played last week, and if he had an injury why wasn't he subbed out?

Not too sure how Green, Dunn and Petterd are going to slot into the forward line. Perhaps we will try Green across half back again

I think they are trying to save the kids from what will likely be a massacre interstate. No Macdonald, no Couch, no Tynan. From all reports Macdonald and Couch should have been given a shotg this weekend. Guess we will see them against the tiges

Davey had to be dropped. I know there will be people out there who will have whispers about him and being the leak still but we know how easily sucked in Davey can get on the footy field and there is no way he is in the right headspace to play. Can you imagine the eagles getting stuck into him.

I wonder if Beamer had that groin injury last week and took it into the brisbane game just like he did against geelong last year. He certainly didnt injure it last week in the game. I hope he isnt being selfish again.

I like the ins especially Pettard but it would have been nice to see Couch play but I guess they wanted Bennell for a little experience. He could be the sub.

I think they are trying to save the kids from what will likely be a massacre interstate. No Macdonald, no Couch, no Tynan. From all reports Macdonald and Couch should have been given a shotg this weekend. Guess we will see them against the tiges

If Joel McD with all his fumbling is a better bet than Tom McD then our recruitment and development is even worse than many here suggest!!

Tynan has had a sniff - didn't fare well but will be better for the exposure despite being in a well beaten team.

Couch whilst a rookie isn't a baby and if he deserved a game, they FCS play him!

Protecting the youth from what must be expected to be a poor game surely cannot be for real - and remember that the Gys had an extraordinary debut in a badly beaten team vs Geelong and backed it up the following week, so stop this "protection" nonsense.

Edited by monoccular

In:Petterd, Sellar, Dunn, Bennell

Out: Moloney (inj), Tynan, Davey, Blease

Omissions fair and Beamer injured.

Pettard Sellar and Bennell back in. Would have preferred to see Morton rather than Dunn.

Rather see what Morton has got for us rather than Dunn who I feel is not up to it in his 8th season.

Can't say I'm happy with these selections.

We were murdered in the middle and haven't added anything to it.

We saw what Magner brought, Couch had a similar pre season and played well last week. Should've been in for Moloney.

Who else is there to add DA? I can understand of not selecting Couch this week given where we're playing, and other than that the cupboard is completely bare. Even overlooking the fact that it's at Subi, adding another zero gamer doesn't endow me with much extra confidence, Magner's form in the first round notwithstanding.

After the last few weeks I don't think it matters who plays this week.

If the reaction of the players is anything like 50% of the people on here we are in for another dismal performance.

I expect the players are feeling quite flat & how can you blame them ?

Getting past this is going to take some time.

Football is a confidence game & ours must be about as low as it can get.

I will be impressed if they get within 10 goals.

Who else is there to add DA? I can understand of not selecting Couch this week given where we're playing, and other than that the cupboard is completely bare. Even overlooking the fact that it's at Subi, adding another zero gamer doesn't endow me with much extra confidence, Magner's form in the first round notwithstanding.

You are right of course, there's not much to bring in.

I wanted Couch in. Wanted Green out. And I'm not a Bennell fan.

I'm just grumpy.

Edited by Deestroy All

.......................... "and the two Melbourne captains appear from the ashes and become the leaders of men we desperately need" Backs against the wall, side by side, 22 men to take a stand for the future of this club.

We need to stop hiding our co-captains on flanks, wings & pockets. Now that Moloney (who has far more game-time on the ball than anyone else) is not there, we need these two to play a huge chunk of game-time on the ball, together & separately. Now is the time to hand responsibility on field to our co-captains, and we need them front & centre, whatever the result in the short term. It is these two who will shoulder the main burden for pulling us out of this mess, no mater how long it takes. We can start by having Grimes & Trengove in the centre square for the start of every quarter.

• Like 2

We need to stop hiding our co-captains on flanks, wings & pockets. Now that Moloney (who has far more game-time on the ball than anyone else) is not there, we need these two to play a huge chunk of game-time on the ball, together & separately. Now is the time to hand responsibility on field to our co-captains, and we need them front & centre, whatever the result in the short term. It is these two who will shoulder the main burden for pulling us out of this mess, no mater how long it takes. We can start by having Grimes & Trengove in the centre square for the start of every quarter.

You have to remember that both Jacks had interrupted pre seasons & are short on match fitness.

I'm sure as their match fitness improves we will see more & more of them in the thick of the action.

Heard Misfud often goes missing under pressure, and Polis loves to trash talk.

If the coach wanted to deliver a message to Mifsud on the bench, he'd have to get a runner to do it. Apparently Mifsud can't operate a telephone.