• IMPORTANT: PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Posting unsubstantiated rumours on this website is strictly forbidden.

Demonland has made the difficult decision to not permit this platform to be used to discuss & debate the off-field issues relating to the Melbourne Football Club including matters currently being litigated between the Club & former Board members, board elections, the issue of illicit drugs in footy, the culture at the club & the personal issues & allegations against some of our players & officials ...

We do not take these issues & this decision lightly & of course we believe that these serious matters affecting the club we love & are so passionate about are worthy of discussion & debate & I wish we could provide a place where these matters can be discussed in a civil & respectful manner.

However these discussions unfortunately invariably devolve into areas that may be defamatory, libelous, spread unsubstantiated rumours & can effect the mental health of those involved. Even discussion & debate of known facts or media reports can lead to finger pointing, blame & personal attacks.

The repercussion is that these discussions can open this website, it’s owners & it’s users to legal action & may result in this website being forced to shutdown.

Our moderating team are all volunteers & cannot moderate the forum 24/7 & as a consequence problematic content that contravenes our rules & standards may go unnoticed for some time before it can be removed.

We reserve the right to delete posts that offend against our above policy & indeed, to ban posters who are repeat offenders or who breach our code of conduct.

WE HAVE BUILT A FANTASTIC ONLINE COMMUNITY AT DEMONLAND OVER THE PAST 23 YEARS & WE WOULD LIKE TO CONTINUE TO BE ABLE TO DISCUSS THE CLUB WE LOVE & ARE SO PASSIONATE ABOUT.

Thank you for your continued support & understanding. Go Dees.

Phil Scully offered GWS gig in November 2010!

bing181

How about (from the Kingston Trio)

Imagine 30,00 demons singing this at the game

Hang down your head, Tom Scully

Hang down your head and cry

Hang down your head, Tom Scully

Poor boy, you're bound to die

This time tomorrow

Reckon where I'll be

Hadn't a-been for Gubby

I'd a-been at the MCG

Actually, comedian Dennis Leary had a rather appropriate song, the chorus of which could be chanted to great effect.

Edited by hardtack
  • Like 1

We need another parody for this A*%$hole.

The perfect song : Love the Way You Lie by Eminem &Rihanna

Common you musos we need another viral hit.

Lest we forget

http://www.youtube.c...?v=oFGGD_d9GnQ.

Flashman

i'm not technically savvy enough to do a parody of good quality. maybe the following lyrics for sinead o'connors Nothing compares to you/

It's been 12 months and 15 days

since you took my life away,

I don't go out every night and sit home all day

since you took my life away,

Since you approached me I can't do anything I want - can't see who ever I choose..

I now eat my dinner in a falafel restaurant

But nothing, I said nothing, can take away those lies,

Because Gubby nothing compares, nothing compares to you.

I heard the Run Home last night. Franky and Ox said SEN and HUN were both chasing a story and whoever got it first would release it. I get the feeling the "story" they are both after hasn't been found or confirmed. Nothing I have read or heard today is new info or sensational at all. i think there is still more to come.

Yay us....

How about (from the Kingston Trio)

Imagine 30,00 demons singing this at the game

That's brilliant daisy.

WJ is quite correct in my view in saying the AFL wont do a thing. It could hardly be participant, judge and executioner could it ?

Its known all along and has either turned a blind eye to anything even more underhande it would have suggested themselves or been a willing conduit to such an end result.

Vlad and Co have this wonderful ( if bordering insane ) idea as to the AFL's place in the world and their ( Vlad and co ) place in its portrayal. Its all BIG picture stuff and as such any littel niggleig and minor transgression if for the "greater good " are happily swept into the abyss.

Its a bit like someone ordering a "quiet and desist" on another but getting someone else to organise an anonymous assasin. They then feign their idea of plausible deniability as to who or what happened.

We only thought 'this' would happen !!! etc

In reality the AFL is paying the wage of everyone complicit in this....ta.dahhhhhh !!! lol

We seriously dodged one here !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :unsure:

It's unsettling isn't it?

Look, I am not a father so I have no experience on this - but I could never see myself profiteering from my son's career like this...

Any fathers on here see anyway that Phil can look at himself in the mirror?

And that is not an invitation for puns...

It's unsettling isn't it?

Look, I am not a father so I have no experience on this - but I could never see myself profiteering from my son's career like this...

Any fathers on here see anyway that Phil can look at himself in the mirror?

And that is not an invitation for puns...

Im a father ..and no it would be abhorrent in my mind to profiteer in this manner. Would be akin to pimping !! How does he look in the mirror ? God knows.. He obviously has a different moral and value base to some.

But we under appreciate Phils abilities... not only can he look himself in the mirror but undoubtedly manages to lie straight in a bed too !! lol But they've all gravitated to their rightful abode.... birds of f feather.

Still its not a bad effort really...some seek to live a life vicariously through their offspring....but hes found a way to get paid to do so as well...And the Gold Logie goes to................

It's unsettling isn't it? Look, I am not a father so I have no experience on this - but I could never see myself profiteering from my son's career like this... Any fathers on here see anyway that Phil can look at himself in the mirror? And that is not an invitation for puns...

How can Fill look at himself in the mirror each day? With a very big mirror I'd suggest......

How can Fill look at himself in the mirror each day? With a very big mirror I'd suggest......

With all that newly-acquired money, he probably has a very large house, right? So all he has to do is place any ordinary mirror a long way away from him and bingo!

The thing is we all knew Tom was going. But the way the AFL have set this up has made players lie. We all laugh at the NRL system because they have players sign mid season to play with a new team the following year and they still play the season out with there current team mates but at least they can be honest with everyone so we dont have this circus and speculation. Look how stupid Phil Davis looked when he had a press conference saying he is leaving adelaide and going to GWS. Then the GWS came out and said who is Phil we have never spoken to him.

The AFL presumed GWS would do the same as the GC and target more experiemced players not go after the young ones. I wish someone could get Tom contract to find out when he really signed. Id expect the only one they would have is the one he signed when he finally revealed he was going.

Dont get me wrong, im not defending Tom because I do not believe him when he said I made my mind up on the sunday. He knew ages ago and with his father being signed up a year ago well his dad would want to recruit some good players with his salary. But the scully name has dropped in reputation now and I just want to see Moloney or Tapscott sit him on his backside next year.

With all that newly-acquired money, he probably has a very large house, right? So all he has to do is place any ordinary mirror a long way away from him and bingo!

Too much work for him ordinary mirrors. With the packet he is on, he'll be able to invest in one of those concave mirrors and stand right in front of it.

The AFL is the regulator and they have an obligation to bend over for GWS - as they said from the outset.

But I wonder if there is more documents to come to light like this. Holmes and Co. may have a few itches to scratch. And because this story has been big all year, there may be a bit of money being splashed around by Sydney media and networks to let this unravel. After all it is NRL territory....

Well, former manager Mark Kleiman was very vocal on Scully Snr re: his recruiting background when the Fill scully news broke regarding his contract with GWS.

As one of the Mods for this site and having such an excellent writer as WJ alongside you all- is it a worthwhile thought to ask you to write to the AFL showing our distate of what has occured and furthermore asking the AFL for a full investigation.

We as a club have been treated quite shabbily in this whole saga. Rogue suggested that we ask for further compensation. I can understand that,especially the interuption it caused the whole club in 2011.Please consider?

As one of the Mods for this site and having such an excellent writer as WJ alongside you all- is it a worthwhile thought to ask you to write to the AFL showing our distate of what has occured and furthermore asking the AFL for a full investigation.

We as a club have been treated quite shabbily in this whole saga. Rogue suggested that we ask for further compensation. I can understand that,especially the interuption it caused the whole club in 2011.Please consider?

I am going to ask, and will most likely get shot down, but why do we deserve extra compensation? Especially considering we got equal to what Geelong got for Ablett.

I am going to ask, and will most likely get shot down, but why do we deserve extra compensation? Especially considering we got equal to what Geelong got for Ablett.

I'm not saying that I agree with this, but I believe the argument is that Ablett delivered premierships, won Brownlow's and was a downright star for Geelong. They got their worth out of him over his tenure with the club. Scully was a #1 overall pick (priority, at that), and he gave us one awesome quarter of football against WB, and that's it.

Edit: If you're asking why we deserve further compensation because of Phil signing, I have no idea. He was never affiliated with the Melbourne Football Club, and I see no reason that we would be able to lobby for further picks as a result of his employment at GWS.

Edited by Good Times Grimes

The contract situation has changed since the compensation picks were distributed. $cully's value has increased, that is why i think our compensation picks are upgraded. Our situation should not be compared to Ablett at all. Totally different scenario's IMO

The contract situation has changed since the compensation picks were distributed. $cully's value has increased, that is why i think our compensation picks are upgraded. Our situation should not be compared to Ablett at all. Totally different scenario's IMO

Okay, so assuming that the AFL were to grant us further/better compensation, what do you suggest we deserve now?

Okay, so assuming that the AFL were to grant us further/better compensation, what do you suggest we deserve now?

I am listening ro Greg Miller speak on this topic right now. A part time recruiter is not worth these $$$. It's a sham.

GW$'s first pick would satisfy me as that is in fact what we lost, with no chance of keeping.

It will all depend on if there is a formal definition of what "maximum compensation" is. It looks as though the AFL had taken in to consideration where $cummy was in his development, and based on their theories, they believe he will be in the same category as Ablett (when he reaches Ablett's age of last year).

If there is a document/policy that indicates a capping in terms of compensation, and it is what we got, we've got nothing to fight with. Perhaps this is the area where Cam Schwab would be looking first (probably already had looked), hence why there is nothing from the club.

It's not a parody, but The Rollins Band do a great song on the subject.

Helps get out all that pent up anger.

Love rollins band. Completley off topic, but how good are some of those lyrics?

And I'll tell you things that you already know so you can say: I really identify with you, so much

Pure gold!In Scully's case

And I'll tell you things that you want to hear so you can say: I really believe in Tom, so much

C'mon guys. We got the top band of compensation. The same as Geelong received for Ablett. You know, the best player in the AFL?

The regime was never fair per se. If it was fair, Geelong would've received two top three picks (what WCE got on the open market for Judd). They didn't. We would've received one top three pick. We didn't.

The facts don't actually change our situation. The AFL have clearly stated that the duration and size of the contract are the key determinant of compensation. Even with Phil's wages included, that still sits Scully at about $6.7m over six years which is well short of Ablett's $9m over 5 years. We have absolutely no grounds for further compensation, even if the manner of the dealings have a stench to them that makes it all a bitter pill to swallow.

• Like 2

My belief is we should get GW$'s number one pick either this year or next, I don't care what Geelong got for Gablett, it wasn't enough but that was their problem.

GW$ have cheated us out of our number one pick and should be forced to repay in kind. We are looking at swapping a number one pick for say, picks 11 and 14 and that is simply not equitable.

Pick one is usually reserved for a star and picks 11 and 14 are usually going to get you a couple of handy players.