• IMPORTANT: PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Posting unsubstantiated rumours on this website is strictly forbidden.

Demonland has made the difficult decision to not permit this platform to be used to discuss & debate the off-field issues relating to the Melbourne Football Club including matters currently being litigated between the Club & former Board members, board elections, the issue of illicit drugs in footy, the culture at the club & the personal issues & allegations against some of our players & officials ...

We do not take these issues & this decision lightly & of course we believe that these serious matters affecting the club we love & are so passionate about are worthy of discussion & debate & I wish we could provide a place where these matters can be discussed in a civil & respectful manner.

However these discussions unfortunately invariably devolve into areas that may be defamatory, libelous, spread unsubstantiated rumours & can effect the mental health of those involved. Even discussion & debate of known facts or media reports can lead to finger pointing, blame & personal attacks.

The repercussion is that these discussions can open this website, it’s owners & it’s users to legal action & may result in this website being forced to shutdown.

Our moderating team are all volunteers & cannot moderate the forum 24/7 & as a consequence problematic content that contravenes our rules & standards may go unnoticed for some time before it can be removed.

We reserve the right to delete posts that offend against our above policy & indeed, to ban posters who are repeat offenders or who breach our code of conduct.

WE HAVE BUILT A FANTASTIC ONLINE COMMUNITY AT DEMONLAND OVER THE PAST 23 YEARS & WE WOULD LIKE TO CONTINUE TO BE ABLE TO DISCUSS THE CLUB WE LOVE & ARE SO PASSIONATE ABOUT.

Thank you for your continued support & understanding. Go Dees.

Phil Scully offered GWS gig in November 2010!

bing181

$cumbag continues to lie about this whole disgusting saga:

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/afl/sos-says-dont-compare-giants-suns/story-e6frf9io-1226204582397

Seriously, if he doesn't come of the ground battered and bruised (fairly of course ; ) ) I will be absolutely livid with this club.

What a total <insert whatever nasty word is acceptable that ends in "t"> this piece of work is.

$cumbag continues to lie about this whole disgusting saga:

http://www.heraldsun...o-1226204582397

Seriously, if he doesn't come of the ground battered and bruised (fairly of course ; ) ) I will be absolutely livid with this club.

What a total <insert whatever nasty word is acceptable that ends in "t"> this piece of work is.

No Stephen Silvagni, Tom $cully is not a quality person and Andrew Dimwitriou hopelessly compromised by the whole situation

No Stephen Silvagni, Tom $cully is not a quality person and Andrew Dimwitriou hopelessly compromised by the whole situation

Tom can talk the talk. He's so full of it he either has everyone bluffed or really does believe everything he says about himself. Reading between the lines it looks like he is REALLY wanting to move on. Unfortunately for him I won't be letting it go and he can't make up for his deceit of Melbourne supporters since he is going to line up against us. Frankly we should be riding the issue until he snaps.

How about Demitrio's comments of the last 24 hours giving Gubby Allen & GW$ the absolute green light over the $cully deal & calling it a stroke of genius. I hope the MFC are absolutely furious and do not dorget this. This is the CEO of the governing body here.

Spot on..............I posted this in the No T$ No B$ thread by accident:

Someone called SEN during Ox's show, and went on about how much of a quality kid Scully is, and how his family has had to deal with a lot, and they are taking up an opportunity too good to refuse etc.

I'm tired of hearing how much of a quality kid he apparently is.

Quality kids don't stand up and tell straight out lies, whether it's for self interest or not.

Quality kids stand by the decisions they make, and the ensuing consequences.

Quality kids don't allow their mates to continue to back and support them, while knowing the truth is the complete opposite.

Quality parents don't instruct their kids to lie.

Quality parents don't piggy back or cash in on the opportunities presented to their son.

What the Scully's do is entirely up to them, but the "quality" tag that continues to be mentioned with Scully is inaccurate.

He may be a quality footballer, but quality kid..........questionable!

"It was after I was signed to the Giants that he was offered a deal. As you know the rest is history," Scully said.

Reading this quote and taking it on face value, it appears that he is admitting he signed on last year. Perhaps his meaning was lost in translation from interview to print. Whatever the case i'm over this whole saga. Now I need to work out what to do with the signed jumper I have in my room.

"It was after I was signed to the Giants that he was offered a deal. As you know the rest is history," Scully said.

Reading this quote and taking it on face value, it appears that he is admitting he signed on last year. Perhaps his meaning was lost in translation from interview to print. Whatever the case i'm over this whole saga. Now I need to work out what to do with the signed jumper I have in my room.

Burn it outside AFL House.

The most disappointing comment in this saga comes from Demetriou, who if quoted correctly has said that he "thought it was a stroke of genius" for the Giants to offer Scully's father a contract.

Someone should ask him what's the point of the established 16 team competitions competing between 2014-18 when the organising body has so obvoiusly modified the rules to ensure that the 2 teams they need to be succesful will be.

How will the supporters of existing teams feel when they are dudded by the governing body, whose role should be ensuring that the competition is as fair as practically possible.

The whole thing stinks

• Like 2

I'm sure there are stain removers that can get rid of that unsightly ink mark on your otherwise fine jumper . .

Burn it outside AFL House.

Thought has crossed my mind... along with displaying it at blacktowns facilities above the entrance. But that would require effort and for me to actually enter west sydney of which I have no desire. It has Barassi's signiture on the number 1 though so i'm leaning towards chooks idea of chemically removing the ink from the number 3.

His latest statement that he didn't know about his fathers deal until after he signed in my view defies credibility.

And the only reason I can see to say it is to attempt to distance himself from the whole affair which diminishes his reputation.

I have to agree with Hells Bells that if Demetriou is quoted correctly it brings him no credit as a CEO. The AFL should not be encouraging deals that include parents, third parties or strecthing the rules. The first will bring a whole new dimension to recruiting which is undesirable and will complicate the system. Demetriou's green light to a stroke of genius will come back and cause him a stroke at some stage.

The most disappointing comment in this saga comes from Demetriou, who if quoted correctly has said that he "thought it was a stroke of genius" for the Giants to offer Scully's father a contract.

Someone should ask him what's the point of the established 16 team competitions competing between 2014-18 when the organising body has so obvoiusly modified the rules to ensure that the 2 teams they need to be succesful will be.

How will the supporters of existing teams feel when they are dudded by the governing body, whose role should be ensuring that the competition is as fair as practically possible.

The whole thing stinks

Most certainly does. Tom $cully's comments i know longer care about as i have heard them all and give them no cred....but the CEO of the Competition to say that...just shows how much of a vote the 16 presidents originally had....

Has Tom made a freudian slip here? It appears he is trying to say 'he was unaware his father had been offered the job at GWS until he officially joined the club (in Sep 2011).

This flies in the face of the evidence Phil was offered the contract in Nov 2010.

However he then states 'It was after I was signed to the Giants that he was offered a deal'. If this is true then Tom signed with GWS sometime before Nov 2010. All I can say is 'i believe in Tom'.

• Like 1

Has Tom made a freudian slip here? It appears he is trying to say 'he was unaware his father had been offered the job at GWS until he officially joined the club (in Sep 2011).

This flies in the face of the evidence Phil was offered the contract in Nov 2010.

However he then states 'It was after I was signed to the Giants that he was offered a deal'. If this is true then Tom signed with GWS sometime before Nov 2010.

That was my initial thought but i'm the journo's would be having an absolute field day with that slip if true.

Perhaps he's intention was to say that his dad officially signed with GWS after he did, effectively dodging the question all together. Maybe a career in politics awaits him?

All I can say is 'i believe in Tom'.

Lol

However he then states 'It was after I was signed to the Giants that he was offered a deal'. If this is true then Tom signed with GWS sometime before Nov 2010. All I can say is 'i believe in Tom'.

Adrian Anderson was also just on SEN and said his fathers deal was always included in the cap right from the start.

But where does it start and where does it end...

Just returned from the US and have read all the latest. Love AD's comments. What sort of league boss makes such comment?

I'm done on this $cully thing and will leave him and his wonderful family with this great tune:

The best things in life are free

But you can give them to the birds and bees

I want money

(That's what I want)

That's what I want

(That's what I want)

That's what I want

(That's what I want)

That's what I want

(That's what I want)

You love gives me such a thrill

But your love won't pay my bills

I want money

That's what I want

(That's what I want)

Money don't get everything it's true

But what it don't get I can't use

I want money

That's what I want

(That's what I want)

I want money

I want lots of money

In fact I want so much money

Give me your money

Just give me money

Edited by Surfer Rosa

Just returned from the US and have read all the latest. Love AD's comments. What sort of league boss makes such comment?

I'm done on this $cully thing and will leave him and his wonderful family with this great tune:

The best things in life are free

Personally, I prefer the "I couldn't care less" version done by The Flying Lizards. It's great!

Adrian Anderson was also just on SEN and said his fathers deal was always included in the cap right from the start.

But where does it start and where does it end...

Well is AA telling porkies as well, as it was published that Ken Wood discovered the payment and allocated it to the salary cap. If Wood hadn't discovered it they would have got away with it. Why did their CEO get the boot?

Edited by Redleg

Well is AA telling porkies as well, as it was published that Ken Wood discovered the payment and allocated it to the salary cap. If Wood hadn't discovered it they would have got away with it. Why did their CEO get the boot?

Aah yes i heard a snippett of AA saying that rubbish too.....we now know the lying was right through the AFL Top Shelf.

Edited by why you little

CODE SCULLY

Have a listen to this just to recap. I reckon Demetriou would use a few of these quotes from this scene from A Few Good Men....

Quotes such as:

"I have a greater responsibility than you can possibly fathom"

"You can't handle the truth"

"We use words like honour, code, loyalty..." - Yeah right...

"I have neither the time, nor the inclination to explain myself...."

H_T: "All I ask is CEO Demetriou....did you order the Code Scully...?"

Demetriou: "You're god damn right I did !"