• IMPORTANT: PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Posting unsubstantiated rumours on this website is strictly forbidden.

Demonland has made the difficult decision to not permit this platform to be used to discuss & debate the off-field issues relating to the Melbourne Football Club including matters currently being litigated between the Club & former Board members, board elections, the issue of illicit drugs in footy, the culture at the club & the personal issues & allegations against some of our players & officials ...

We do not take these issues & this decision lightly & of course we believe that these serious matters affecting the club we love & are so passionate about are worthy of discussion & debate & I wish we could provide a place where these matters can be discussed in a civil & respectful manner.

However these discussions unfortunately invariably devolve into areas that may be defamatory, libelous, spread unsubstantiated rumours & can effect the mental health of those involved. Even discussion & debate of known facts or media reports can lead to finger pointing, blame & personal attacks.

The repercussion is that these discussions can open this website, it’s owners & it’s users to legal action & may result in this website being forced to shutdown.

Our moderating team are all volunteers & cannot moderate the forum 24/7 & as a consequence problematic content that contravenes our rules & standards may go unnoticed for some time before it can be removed.

We reserve the right to delete posts that offend against our above policy & indeed, to ban posters who are repeat offenders or who breach our code of conduct.

WE HAVE BUILT A FANTASTIC ONLINE COMMUNITY AT DEMONLAND OVER THE PAST 23 YEARS & WE WOULD LIKE TO CONTINUE TO BE ABLE TO DISCUSS THE CLUB WE LOVE & ARE SO PASSIONATE ABOUT.

Thank you for your continued support & understanding. Go Dees.

The Waylen (aka Zyrus) Manson Thread

Whispering_Jack

I would have thought you just select them if available at your pick.

I'm fairly positive that Brendan Fevola is going to be available at our first pick. Would you select him?

BTW, the Fev kicked nine goals today in Waratah's 24.15.159 win over Palmerston 9.13.67 bringing his tally in two games so far to 17. Teammate Kayne Pettifer booted 7 but Zyrus Manson was kept goalless.

Not taking anything away from Fev (and I really believe GWS should pick him up in one of the drafts) but all this suggests that the standard of the NTFL competition is around bottom 2 of the VFL.

I also heard a whisper that Sheeds was keen to draft Andrew Lovett and I'd really like to see that too.

Imagine the interview the HUN could do with prize recruits Fev, Lovett and Scully in the bar at the Rooty Hill RSL?

I'm fairly positive that Brendan Fevola is going to be available at our first pick. Would you select him?

What? Where did Fevola come from, in a discussion about not needing to let everyone know who you are talking to, before making your selections.

BTW, the Fev kicked nine goals today in Waratah's 24.15.159 win over Palmerston 9.13.67 bringing his tally in two games so far to 17. Teammate Kayne Pettifer booted 7 but Zyrus Manson was kept goalless.

That might knock Manson down a few rungs and have him there at 36.

Manson may be a good player, but if bloody Kane Pettifer is kicking 7 goals in that league, the standard can't be too great.

Better than what I've ever been up to, but still not a great yardstick for AFL.

I must admit, these thoughts crossed my mind re: Pettifer.

I think this weeks performance will temper a lot of club's views of him. Granted that I didn't see the game, but unless he was playing up the ground, no goals in a 92pt win is a bit suspect.

That being said, 32 goals in 4 weeks is a great effort regardless of the opposition. I would be happy to see Melbourne pick him up with our first pick, given that this year is a 'shallow draft'. We have the support network for him, and it sounds as though he is a similar style player to Jurrah. Imagine 2 on-song Jurrah's in the same forward line (I know I'm dreaming a bit....)

• Like 1

I think this weeks performance will temper a lot of club's views of him. Granted that I didn't see the game, but unless he was playing up the ground, no goals in a 92pt win is a bit suspect.

That being said, 32 goals in 4 weeks is a great effort regardless of the opposition. I would be happy to see Melbourne pick him up with our first pick, given that this year is a 'shallow draft'. We have the support network for him, and it sounds as though he is a similar style player to Jurrah. Imagine 2 on-song Jurrah's in the same forward line (I know I'm dreaming a bit....)

Imagine two Liam Jurrah's in the forward line, r u kidding me. You want another player of Jurrah's type who doesn't chase, no pressure, NO THANKYOU!

For years we have been trying to make footballers out of athlets. This bloke seems like a footballer and with a full preseason under his belt he could become a ripper

For years we have been trying to make footballers out of athlets. This bloke seems like a footballer and with a full preseason under his belt he could become a ripper

God I hate that turn of phrase - "turning athletes in to footballers".

• Like 1

Imagine two Liam Jurrah's in the forward line, r u kidding me. You want another player of Jurrah's type who doesn't chase, no pressure, NO THANKYOU!

We have a forward line full of blokes that don't chase and provide any pressure...

At least we would have two blokes who can play half-arsed and kick 40 goals a season.

If Neeld could get them to use their full arse we would be sweet...

According to Emma Quayle we have put a lot of work into him.

Interesting. If the draft in the sun is accurate in that he is not in the first 30, then if we really want him, we would only have 5 picks to hope he gets through.

I also heard a whisper that Sheeds was keen to draft Andrew Lovett and I'd really like to see that too.

Imagine the interview the HUN could do with prize recruits Fev, Lovett and Scully in the bar at the Rooty Hill RSL?

Yeah - Fev &Lovett 'unfit' for interview; $cully crying about how unprofessional his team-mates are (the ones who he has recently avowed publicly he loves and cherishes, and wishes to play out his career with) whilst secretly planning a deal to move on asap!! LOL

What does it matter what any of the players have done in the past?

The new coach has outlined what he expects from his players in the future and what will happen if they don't follow the team rules. It's straightforward and applies to every player, young or old including recruits coming into the system.

Same thing happens at clubs like Geelong and Collingwood which co-incidentally are very successful following that line.

Interesting. I know the only team poster on the wall in the fitzroy crossing (not far from this guys home) school is one of the dees. I think we have made real inroads into the indigenous communities. So would notbe surprised by this.

It would be so exciting to get a guy with this talent to the club. Remember Jurrah was kicking about 5 goals a game in Darwin, this guy has a bag of 10 and is 18.

But it's a huge risk. A lot of things have gone well for Jurrah but we still have huge doubts on whether he will make it. Jurrah had previously done a stint in Melbourne and had great supports, this guy will have the experience of Jurrah and Davey, but who else does he have?

Jurrah has come back underdone from preseason. How long is Manson going to take to get up to speed, considering he's 18 and 195cm. End of the day my take on it is if we go with him I'll be happy, he's very exciting, if we don't I probably won't be disappointed - that said for our 3rd pick if he's still there I'd be keen.

Another example of a comment, that if you say it often enough, it somehow becomes true

It would be so exciting to get a guy with this talent to the club. Remember Jurrah was kicking about 5 goals a game in Darwin, this guy has a bag of 10 and is 18.

But it's a huge risk. A lot of things have gone well for Jurrah but we still have huge doubts on whether he will make it. Jurrah had previously done a stint in Melbourne and had great supports, this guy will have the experience of Jurrah and Davey, but who else does he have?

Jurrah has come back underdone from preseason. How long is Manson going to take to get up to speed, considering he's 18 and 195cm. End of the day my take on it is if we go with him I'll be happy, he's very exciting, if we don't I probably won't be disappointed - that said for our 3rd pick if he's still there I'd be keen.

I guess the 'risk' aspect depends a bit on how the list as a whole respond to the "no nonsense, zero tolerance" mantra of the new administration and coaching group........if the list responds positively their attitude cannot help but pass on to the new players.

Of course the coaching / recruiting staff will also have had an opportunity to suss him out -- if they think he is not going to cut the mustard under a regime of hard work and team rules, and of course 'roles', then he won't be considered: if they think he will do the needful then, depending on who else is under consideration and who is available, then maybe.

My information from the Top End is that Waylen Manson didn't play for Waratah today. The result was somewhat of an upset with Southern Districts winning 9.6.60 to 9.4.58 in the wet despite Waratah having a star studded line up including a few former Carlton players in Brendan Fevola (7 goals), Ryan Houlihan and Heath Culpitt as well as Gippslander Beau Runnalls. A few of those blokes are certainly not strangers to controversy.

The game had a bit of a Casey flavour with former Scorpion reserves players Aaron Hillberg and Andrew Oldmeadow turning out for the winners.