Tom Scully in September ...

Grandson of a gun

Yep, I have been a believer that he will stay for the whole year but I have a feeling he may have said in his last training session before they fly out,

"Sorry guys, I'm signing with GWS"

and Todd said,

"Fine, Get [censored], your out"

That could have happened, they asked him, he said he's going so they said "no soup for you"

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

GWS are having a pressy on Monday where they will announce the signing of Scully and ward and any other player whos team isn't in the finals

Also if you want any more confirmation, if your looking for Tom at our B@F, try looking in America. He has booked a holiday over there with his sister over our B@F

My source?

A current listed player

I suppose the possibility that he actually has knee soreness is too simple a reason.

Conversely the thought has crossed my mind that the whole knee soreness thing has been a ruse all year to dampen expecations in relation to his game i.e. put him on ice. After all at the point he would have agreed to go to GWS (probabaly before the year began) his commitment becomes as a GWS player, despite what he would say.

Out with soreness.

I don't know if this means what many here think it does but I get annoyed at the way journos write about this stuff.

In the article above, it is 'news' that has been given an editorial bias.

'Tom Scully has "soreness"' it says. But not a few sentences later there are a few Port players who may miss because of 'soreness' as opposed to Tom Scully's '"soreness".'

Just irritates me.

Guest Gareth Keenan

I am now officially a rat, and I am deserting what I believe to be a sinking ship...

The timing is too perfect for it to be a coincidence.

My guess is that he has realised his mind is made up and won't now change, did what he thinks is the right thing, in informing the playing group of his decision, and that this would be his last game, and then the coaches or the leadership group have pulled the rug from under him, denying him a final match.

I do hope I'm wrong, but I don't think it will significantly set us back if not.

C'est la guerre...

Guest Gareth Keenan

Hehehe. 100%. He actually does have knee soreness.

I know, but has had it for a long time now... Why select him in the first place, then remove him from the side at this stage?

I guess, no matter when they decided to do it, it would have generated this negative reaction.

Still, it doesn't fill me with confidence.

I am now officially a rat, and I am deserting what I believe to be a sinking ship...

The timing is too perfect for it to be a coincidence.

My guess is that he has realised his mind is made up and won't now change, did what he thinks is the right thing, in informing the playing group of his decision, and that this would be his last game, and then the coaches or the leadership group have pulled the rug from under him, denying him a final match.

I do hope I'm wrong, but I don't think it will significantly set us back if not.

C'est la guerre...

If he has announced to the playing group - it will be on the news tonight. This will not be able to be kept secret.

That's it now close the thread and all threads related to him if he is gone, he is no longer our concern. Surprised by his decision don't blame him but thought he was more professional than chasing the dollar. From here on in the number 31 must be earnt. If he is actually out for genuine reasons and stays then I will apologise in person

Edited by Pennant St Dee

There were some pathetic tackling attempts from him against GC that made me think there's something clearly hindering his agility, looked like Bater a couple of times.

So the injury part I do believe.

However whether it's a hip, knee or pocket, give me the draft picks and stick Blease in the middle.

Meh.

If he goes he goes. I believe we will be OK regardless.

Bring on 2012 and those compo picks.

Life does not start and stop with some 19 year old kid.

+ 1 in case my post didn't explain it well enough I have moved on and am still the same as I was this morning red & blue till death

The guy has been playing hurt all season, it is hardly a shock that he is pulling out of a game with soreness!

Yet you are all ready to hang him? With supporters like these its hard to see him wanting to stay.

I still believe he will stay and always have. But until he says he is leaving I will support him 100%

or we have been playing him injured to stuff him up for the GWS and he has commited to the MFC so we get him right for pre-season.

Or is it just he pulled up sore after training and is unable to play.

Often the truth is less newsworthy (and forum worthy) than a conspiracy.

My 2 cents is after weeks of struggling with the injury its caught up with him and Viney would actually like o have a fit team and try and win this game.