• IMPORTANT: PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Posting unsubstantiated rumours on this website is strictly forbidden.

Demonland has made the difficult decision to not permit this platform to be used to discuss & debate the off-field issues relating to the Melbourne Football Club including matters currently being litigated between the Club & former Board members, board elections, the issue of illicit drugs in footy, the culture at the club & the personal issues & allegations against some of our players & officials ...

We do not take these issues & this decision lightly & of course we believe that these serious matters affecting the club we love & are so passionate about are worthy of discussion & debate & I wish we could provide a place where these matters can be discussed in a civil & respectful manner.

However these discussions unfortunately invariably devolve into areas that may be defamatory, libelous, spread unsubstantiated rumours & can effect the mental health of those involved. Even discussion & debate of known facts or media reports can lead to finger pointing, blame & personal attacks.

The repercussion is that these discussions can open this website, it’s owners & it’s users to legal action & may result in this website being forced to shutdown.

Our moderating team are all volunteers & cannot moderate the forum 24/7 & as a consequence problematic content that contravenes our rules & standards may go unnoticed for some time before it can be removed.

We reserve the right to delete posts that offend against our above policy & indeed, to ban posters who are repeat offenders or who breach our code of conduct.

WE HAVE BUILT A FANTASTIC ONLINE COMMUNITY AT DEMONLAND OVER THE PAST 23 YEARS & WE WOULD LIKE TO CONTINUE TO BE ABLE TO DISCUSS THE CLUB WE LOVE & ARE SO PASSIONATE ABOUT.

Thank you for your continued support & understanding. Go Dees.

Tom Scully in September ...

Grandson of a gun

You're comparing Melbourne to winning sides. These teams can afford to lose these players. They've pretty much all proven that. With flags.

Melbourne has been anything but the pinnacle of success for going on 50 years. Allowing potential stars to leave so early in their career when you've done nothing as a club is something that frustrates me.

Maybe I am expecting too much?

And when I say I won't sit around for 50 years waiting, I mean that I won't accept another 50 years.

If Collingwood can do it, so can Melbourne. If they have more outside deals, why doesn't Melbourne?

Oh, and have we forgotten about our little 186-point loss to the Cats? When the hell do teams lose like that? Pun not intended...

Let's also not forgot what transpired. Players so sick and tired of the OFF-FIELD team that they can't play on-field.

It was a fundamental breakdown of an epic level. And now a No.1 draft pick is walking out on a talented young side for an extra $400k when he'd already be earning $600k, meaning every.single.Collingwood.Player is resigning for salaries we all know would be slightly lower than what they would be offered from GWS.

My concern has more to do as to why the club couldn't match the deal outside of the salary cap, because every other club seems to do it well. Sure, Brown left the Hawks, but the guy has played in a flag, and they actually have proven players to replace him with, not a bunch of young studs who haven't really done anything outside of a good first few games since they led their High School team to a flag. Ablett, well, same thing goes.

Not good enough if he leaves. Bulldogs are the same. These guys have hardly been at the club. He hasn't done anything. We've invested in him, and it's lost so easily. I am tired of excuses and people blaming the AFL, or pointing the finger at him.

Maybe I'm going loco.

inb4ban

Edited by Cudi_420

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Too much deleting of posts and sanitisation anyhoo

you will currently get NO market for a bet on whether Scully stays

or goes ALL open markets have been closed

The decision has been made all parties informed await the announcement Monday

Too much? Excluding a duplicate post, only 2 or 3 posts have either been moderated (deleted or edited) in this thread. Anyhoo.

Does anybody know exactly how likely we are to recruit jaeger o'meara if we do happen to get 1st round picks in return for scully?

I would much prefer another young gun and save the $$ otherwise wasted on overpaying Scully. A group of young guns in Jaeger and Jack Viney etc led by the maturing group of Chipper, Trenners, Watts etc has my mouth watering. Many bright years ahead.

That you find it shock that a player carrying an injury could pull up sore after a round 23 game sums up your understanding of the situation and the AFL environment. So I will not bother getting into a discussion with you.

Cant wait to read your posts if he stays...

My prediction. " I knew he would stay, i heard it through his brothers girlfriends sisters aunty who had her hair cut by the sister of Toms dentist and they gave me the inside word."

Yeah, a player getting tired at the end of a season is a pretty high level concept to get your head around............lucky you're across it though Dan!

A little too convenient IMO, but we'll continue to wait and see.

Read my earlier post.........I hope he stays.........I think he will go, but would much rather we keep him.

You're comments saying who could blame him for leaving because of some of our supporters was a silly, silly thing to say.

The ox is 100% right scullys GONE out with the old in with the new get a keen young bloke this time not a little kid theres no way mfc would pay 600000 per yr for a kid who is lucky to play 14 games a year good luck with gws 22 super brats suiting up ea week in 2012 hope u love it there in black town makes broardy look like toorak ps scully hit the gym pre season because your gotta toughen up kid and thx for taking a truck load of pressure of our future list and jt No 9 for captain cheero & go dees

Guest Thomo

You're comparing Melbourne to winning sides. These teams can afford to lose these players. They've pretty much all proven that. With flags.

Melbourne has been anything but the pinnacle of success for going on 50 years. Allowing potential stars to leave so early in their career when you've done nothing as a club is something that frustrates me.

Maybe I am expecting too much?

And when I say I won't sit around for 50 years waiting, I mean that I won't accept another 50 years.

If Collingwood can do it, so can Melbourne. If they have more outside deals, why doesn't Melbourne?

Oh, and have we forgotten about our little 186-point loss to the Cats? When the hell do teams lose like that? Pun not intended...

Let's also not forgot what transpired. Players so sick and tired of the OFF-FIELD team that they can't play on-field.

It was a fundamental breakdown of an epic level. And now a No.1 draft pick is walking out on a talented young side for an extra $400k when he'd already be earning $600k, meaning every.single.Collingwood.Player is resigning for salaries we all know would be slightly lower than what they would be offered from GWS.

My concern has more to do as to why the club couldn't match the deal outside of the salary cap, because every other club seems to do it well. Sure, Brown left the Hawks, but the guy has played in a flag, and they actually have proven players to replace him with, not a bunch of young studs who haven't really done anything outside of a good first few games since they led their High School team to a flag. Ablett, well, same thing goes.

Not good enough if he leaves. Bulldogs are the same. These guys have hardly been at the club. He hasn't done anything. We've invested in him, and it's lost so easily. I am tired of excuses and people blaming the AFL, or pointing the finger at him.

Maybe I'm going loco.

inb4ban

Most of the talk says that he signed last year. If that is that case , I don't think it has a lot to do with the culture at MFC. I doubt a player would make a decision to leave in the first year based on the club, I just think that he got made an offer he couldn't refuse.

deep bruising to internal values...

That's funny !!

chose to believe, chose not to believe.

it will all be over soon.

BTW - you are welcome to join BB and myself for a glass of milk of magnesia ( for our ulcers) when this is all over ! cheers !

Thank you NB. BB's popcorn and choctop sounds better though.

BTW to those posters who think it's an indictment on the MFC when/if he leaves ... you're wrong.

The AFL made it impossible for us to keep him. It's as simple as that. We had no hope.

No-one to date on this planet has ripped up a winning first division tatts ticket. And that's exactly what GW$ handed him.

Thank you NB. BB's popcorn and choctop sounds better though.

BTW to those posters who think it's an indictment on the MFC when/if he leaves ... you're wrong.

The AFL made it impossible for us to keep him. It's as simple as that. We had no hope.

No-one to date on this planet has ripped up a winning first division tatts ticket. And that's exactly what GW$ handed him.

I don't disagree in any way with this sentiment, although I do hold out hope that he will sign with us. The fact is that the AFL created a situation in which this sort of deal could occur and didn't make any attempt to protect the existing clubs from suffering long-term damage. Their headlong push to produce immediately successful expansion teams has caused them to give far too much in startup concessions and place an unreasonable strain on the other clubs, particularly those like Melbourne who are trying to rebuild their side. On top of that they have now backflipped on third party payments and stated that while existing deals such as Chris Judd's are legitimate, all new deals made to ward off GWS raids will be subject to investigation. All in all, a farcical situation.

RR, NB's offer is genuine enough. Were all probaly fed up to the back teeth with this.I do seem to have been buying more Quickeze of late..lol I definitely suspect weve seen his last game in Red and Blue. Thats my opinion of course

The good news, if one could put it as such is its nearly over one way or any other. We exit this seasons battles this Sunday afternoon and for some an association with our great club will end.

For some, and not just any of the MFc a new era beckons as founding members of a GWS playing list. If GC heralded a new era of mercenary football then its flames are fanned by creation of the Giants.

I dont particularly care whether this or that player goes as a result of this upstart but I do find the necessity for underhandedness and secrecy to be quite foul of taste. This is squarely the creation of the AFL and yet the victim clubs are carrying the baby for them.

From mad monday on the following weeks will be very interesting for anyone who follows Melbourne ( indeed footy in general ) and will be pivotal in many regards for the club. There will be some thing it can affect and others it can only react to.

There is still much that isnt quite as it seems ( yet )

After reading the first two paragraphs in the article, some might definitely change their opinion, even though the author is Caroline Wilson.

SCULLY FUTURE NOT SET

Warning: Just read the first two paragraphs because the rest is as bad as than anything written in this forum about Tom Scully.

She says nothing new, and makes gratuitous remarks about what mfc 'could have done' not to upset our young Tom.

The article is contradictory, trying to have it both ways. according to cw, the deal leads with 'is not done' but finishes with 'likely to happen'. the way it has panned out and what cw doesn't say is that if we win we lose anyway because the expansion philosophy has inflated the player payments and left us wide open to other raids next year.

She says nothing new, and makes gratuitous remarks about what mfc 'could have done' not to upset our young Tom.

The article is contradictory, trying to have it both ways. according to cw, the deal leads with 'is not done' but finishes with 'likely to happen'. the way it has panned out and what cw doesn't say is that if we win we lose anyway because the expansion philosophy has inflated the player payments and left us wide open to other raids next year.

+1

I often value Caro but that artcilce's a load of fishwrap. Must have needed to fil her quota of words for the week. Says absolutely nothng for she knows absolutely nothing. Doesnt make a valid argument in any direction.

One of her worst.

A really strange article from someone who is normally more to the point. She spends the first two paragraphs telling us Tom is not necessarily going, then the rest of the article telling us he necessarily is. I got nothing at all from it, except the idea that it will bend some pliable minds even further.

+1

I often value Caro but that artcilce's a load of fishwrap. Must have needed to fil her quota of words for the week. Says absolutely nothng for she knows absolutely nothing. Doesnt make a valid argument in any direction.

One of her worst.

Absolutely agree, at the end of the day none of the journo's know whats going on it's all just hear say and guess work. I am 100% sure of one thing and that is Tom Scully or Callum Ward are not going to bypass their clubs and let the likes of Jake Nihall or Carro whats going on!

I do differ in the fact that I don't rate Carro at all!