Foundation dinner

Guest dieharderdee

• Replies 183
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

It is a Melbourne Football Club jumper... not a Hankook jumper. If the board decides to place THEIR emblem on THEIR jumper, then it should not be an issue. I'm glad that he let that go, because that sort of thing is just stupid to get into a stink over.

I can see his side with the contract and all... but, really!

It is a Melbourne Football Club jumper... not a Hankook jumper. If the board decides to place THEIR emblem on THEIR jumper, then it should not be an issue. I'm glad that he let that go, because that sort of thing is just stupid to get into a stink over.

I can see his side with the contract and all... but, really!

Are you kidding? A company tips in 1.5 million, has a deal about logo and placement and shouldn't have an issue about the club reneging (and reducing their exposure)? Hankook is not a charity they're a business looking for a return on an investment.

Are you kidding? A company tips in 1.5 million, has a deal about logo and placement and shouldn't have an issue about the club reneging (and reducing their exposure)? Hankook is not a charity they're a business looking for a return on an investment.

Couldn't of said it better.

Mate... The logo is 2-3cm lower than what it would be otherwise! It is displayed in a 10cm rectangular eye-sore (like all sponsorship... I'm not having a dig at Hankook here)... and is clear to the naked eye. It is not obscured in any way. It is not lost in the design of the jumper in any way either!

I can understand that it is reneging on a contract, but jeez! Does the dirty laundry need to be aired in our newspapers?

Edited by mfcrox

The report you speak of, which too cost $80,000, was that of a consultant who was ultimately disregarded.

I was donating to the Melbourne Football Club, not it's CEO.

No. I think your referring to his complaints regarding the positioning of his companies image on the jumper. MFC broke the contract originally signed with Hankook which stated that Hankook's logo would be the only image represented on the left hand upper side of the jumper. De la Rue eventually let this go.

We all donate to the footy club in various ways, and all we can do is hope they spend it wisely; I say hope because it is just that, a footy club, and they will always spend more than they earn or have.

I'm sure that Cam Schwab could earn much more if he went outside the club, but I guess he loves the smell of football and will always try to remain in that realm. If he's trying to feather his own nest he's probably going about it the wrong way.

Mate... The logo is 2-3cm lower than what it would be otherwise! It displayed in a 10cm rectangular eye-sore (like all sponsorship... I'm not having a dig at Hankook here)... and is clear to the naked eye. It is not obscured in any way. It is not lost in the design of the jumper in anyway either!

I can understand that it is reneging on a contract, but jeez! Does the dirty laundry need to be aired in our newspapers?

Research show's that the Melbourne badge situated above Hankook's logo is the main eye-catch.

Research show's that the Melbourne badge situated above Hankook's logo is the main eye-catch.

So Danny, as you have some inside into the club, do you have any idea who the CEO could or should be?

We need to sort this out soon.

Would be nice if our dirty lanudry wasn't shown in public view.....

MFC is a good business, that is run poorly. But i just can't help but dig a little deeper, when they need me too...

Go Dees!!!

Edited by tatu

Mate... The logo is 2-3cm lower than what it would be otherwise! It is displayed in a 10cm rectangular eye-sore (like all sponsorship... I'm not having a dig at Hankook here)... and is clear to the naked eye. It is not obscured in any way. It is not lost in the design of the jumper in any way either!

Have a squiz at the banner across the top of the home page (with the players) if you're in doubt about why Hankook would be concerned. And besides a deals a deal, business sort of depends on it. I reckon SS Schwabb has spent too long in footy and not enough in business land to be top shelf CEO

Edited by binman

What Gutnick didn't realise was that it was the desk from the Carlton head office, and there were $100 notes sewn into the fabric which could be automatically spit out into paper bags which landed in the lap of the person opposite.

HaHaHa, ReCycled BrownPaper Bag with filling. You sure they're wasn't a Tanned Bluebird tucked under there?

Yeah, I know... I read that in the article too... I just don't see why it had to be released into a public forum. Surely these things can be disputed behind closed-doors and not in newspapers. At least he got some free advertising in the article I guess. Makes up for the research-proven 'invisible' logo on the Melbourne jumper.

$80K desk from 12 years ago? That's rubbish.

$80K Andrews report burried? That's worrying.

In the end though, it will be unearthed and changes will be made.

Does that necessarily have to mean firing?

Possibly. Probably. But it may not be the best solution.

I wait with bated breath.

I think binman might have said it best above - "Schwabb has spent too long in footy and not enough in business land to be top shelf CEO"

Franco Cozzo, comes with a bit extra in the padding

Franco used to be a client of mine many years ago and his store in footesgray was full of wondrous treats, all of which cost at least that much, I often wondered just who would buy the [censored] he sold, maybe it was Cam.

He was a great guy though and much loved in the Footsegray area, Grand Sale Grand Sale.

Franco was a bit naughty I believe and was importing more than Furniture.

My information is Schwab purchased a $80,000 desk in 1999. He was then sacked by Gutnick.

Spent half the night pouring over the MFC financial statements and couldn't locate the desk anywhere in the assets and liabilities. However, there was a set of steak knives and a month's supply of baloney.

It was not said last night at any time by anybody that the MFC was not without its problems but it was indicated clearly by more than one person that those problems will be dealt with and that they are not insurmountable. Nobody at the club is shirking away from the issues and if the promise to deal with them is honoured we will end up a much stronger club.

Garry Lyon summed up the strength of the club by pointing to how Ron Barassi showed that he cared for his former teammates Noel McMahon as they came down the stairs into the Myer Mural Hall. He wanted to be sure these elder legends of the club could safely execute the set of stairs into the hall at the beginning of the function. Eleven club legends were introduced to the attendees.

Meanwhile, a twelfth legend lay in hospital after undergoing a life determining operation.

I wake up and read some of things that are posted on this forum and I have to wonder whether some people who would describe themselves as supporters of the club really care?

Prime example of why this is such a bogus argument.

Demons re-sign

This is typical of how the jumpers present in media... Oh yes..that logo is totally obscured !! :unsure: Hardly recognisable at all.

what a load of crap !!

Congrats to the Club on its successes last night btw