Six rounds: Six wishes

pitmaster

OK, it's down to the last six rounds. Let's put aside thoughts of where we finish. What do we want to see in the rest of the year?

My wish list:

1: Lucas Cook to debut. I'd be interested in hearing from Casey watchers how he's going but as our first draft pick from last year I am keen to see him given a taste or two in what remains of the season. Howe looks like he will be the goods but Cook is especially interesting since he was taken before Jack Darling who has shone out west.

2: Sam Blease to get another crack. One quarter as a sub gave us a cameo from Sammy but not much else. We need leg speed so I hope we get to see what he can offer.

3: Tom McDonald to debut. Hearing good things about this kid but want to see them too.

4: Maxie Gawn to get another go. I don't know how we fit him in without injury but he showed enough to be given some more senior time.

5: Us cope with Etihad. We've got two chances and I want to see us using the ball better than we did earlier this year and knock off this bogey.

6: Jack Watts to have a breakout game. He's gone close a couple of times so I'd like to see him really take a game by the scruff of the neck, combine with Howe and Ricky and Liam and set the forward line on fire. Several goals directly and several goal assists as we show how exciting this young group might be in the years to come.

Your thoghts?

1. Get out of the blocks firing

2. Come ready to play from the first bounce

3. Be switched on from the moment we run out from the race

4. Work on our pre game set up

5. Leaders stand up when its time to stand up

6. Win at least 2 more games

Edited by deeflog

1:Watts NOT to play loose in defence.

2:Some centre clearences.

3:Russian to find some All Australian form.

4:Some forward structure.

5:Over use of the handball to be made illegal in parliment.

6:Pia Miller to return!

Beat Caltank, Tappy to knock out judd. Sammy Bleeseeee to get another game and for Cooky to get his first game. :)

On what I have seen of Cook, he won't be playing AFL this year. Next year could be a different story with another pre season and some more gym work. If we are out of the finals race I could see McDonald getting a game later on.

1. Win the three games we should win.

2. Win one of the games we shouldn't win.

3. Scully to declare that he's sick of the crap and will sign with us immediately.

4. Watts to kick 5 as we steamroll the Blues.

5. No more injuries this year.

6. A great debut from one of our first year players.

1. We continue to develop our players by getting more games into Blease, Gawn, Strauss, Howe and the other 20 players taht should be our future

2. We show improvement no more 8 goal losses

3. Col Sylvia signs

4. Win our last three

5. Play Taspcott in the midfield

6. Don't put a loose man in defense.

1 A win against blues or West Coast

2 Win the last 3

3 Not let 3 wins against the cellar dwellars in the last 3 rounds give bailey a contract extension for the sake of it?

4 Jurrah or Watts to kick 5+

5 Jetta to get another game or 2 in the 1's

5: Us cope with Etihad. We've got two chances and I want to see us using the ball better than we did earlier this year and knock off this bogey.

Just the one chance I think - West Coast.

Win the last 4, for me, and play finals. ES, MCG, MCG, AO.

We have a better record in the AFL at Adelaide Oval than Port ;)

Oh, and (not that I wish harm on other players) Trenners to sling tackle Mitch "were's my neck" Robinson into the turf. HARD!

OK, it's down to the last six rounds. Let's put aside thoughts of where we finish. What do we want to see in the rest of the year?

My wish list:

1: Lucas Cook to debut. I'd be interested in hearing from Casey watchers how he's going but as our first draft pick from last year I am keen to see him given a taste or two in what remains of the season. Howe looks like he will be the goods but Cook is especially interesting since he was taken before Jack Darling who has shone out west.

2: Sam Blease to get another crack. One quarter as a sub gave us a cameo from Sammy but not much else. We need leg speed so I hope we get to see what he can offer.

3: Tom McDonald to debut. Hearing good things about this kid but want to see them too.

4: Maxie Gawn to get another go. I don't know how we fit him in without injury but he showed enough to be given some more senior time.

6: Jack Watts to have a breakout game. He's gone close a couple of times so I'd like to see him really take a game by the scruff of the neck, combine with Howe and Ricky and Liam and set the forward line on fire. Several goals directly and several goal assists as we show how exciting this young group might be in the years to come.

Your thoghts?

1. We don't get belted by the Cats.

2. We don't get belted by the Blues

3. We don't get belted by the Eagles

4. Scully decides to announce this week (don't really care on the answer just want it finished)

5. Watts has that game

6. We miss out on finals by %

1. Martin to keep his form that he's had going all year

2. Watts to kick a bag

3. Senior players to LIFT

4. Prevent losses from becoming a 'blowout'

5. Be COMPETITIVE at Etihad

6. Knock off the Tigers, GC and PA in Adelaide.

1 wish. I want to be surprised. So far this year we have won the games we all thought we would and lost the ones we thought we would. Show us some sort of youthful energy and take a scalp. Give us supporters some hope that we aren't going to be ordinary forever.

1. All 'supporters' to take a deep breath

2. Dean Bailey to be given at least another year

3. The team has a crack in the last six games

4. Hope we don't make the Elimination Final as the flak the team would get from the 'supporters' if we lost would be unbearable, "I have waited seven generations to see them play in a fina!!!!!!" etc etc

5. Topics on Demonland not to be based on baseless facts

6. Have the young coffee maker who made my coffee on Level 4 of the Olympic last Sunday to be there every game, it was perfect...one can dream

My wish list:

1: Lucas Cook to debut.

2: Davis to debut

3: Bennell to start boxing, & to start winning more contested ball, & taking the game ON.

4: Jurrah to make a lot bigger effort in tackling & chasing & being more aggressive at ball & player.

5: Tom McDonald to debut.

6: To hear we've won O'meara's signing.

1. 24 quarters of fair dinkum hard-at-it-efforts

2. No blowouts

3. Scully to decide either way

4. Beat Carlton by a goal after the siren from a dubious freekick - that will enrage scum supporters even more

5. Watts to dominate

6. Cale Morton to prove everyone wrong, including myself