Changes for next week

Eth

Need to play our second most consistent player in position - Watts!

but it's all about team balance - Dunn, Bate came in for diff posse players...meant things that were working needed to be shifted around.

Don't know why Bate played, could have gone with Dunn, Green, Howe, Watts, Petterd all in the forward line

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Need to play our second most consistent player in position - Watts!

but it's all about team balance - Dunn, Bate came in for diff posse players...meant things that were working needed to be shifted around.

Don't know why Bate played, could have gone with Dunn, Green, Howe, Watts, Petterd all in the forward line

Watts was completely out of it in the first half. The move to the wing brought him into the game. Tick to Bailey for that one. But there are too many crosses. Why, for example, do we play two ruckman at a throw in or ball up? Why does Gysberts regularly go third man up in a ruck contest which leaves us one short at ground level?

For me, outs are Maric, Bennell, Nicholson and Gysberts (only because he looks exhausted)

Ins: Davey, Bartram and Jurrah and one of Dunn or Bate (probably Dunn)

I can't defend Maric after today's performance, banish him to Casey until he's willing to put in some effort.

Spot on. I've been a pro Maric man but yesterday he was worst on ground. He had a chance to kick a couple and butchered the ball allday.

changes ??

OUT: Interest

IN: Apathy

Unless this club starts actually playing some intelligent football it will be kicked from pillar to post for the rest of the season. Im even worried about GC as at least they played tosome sort of plan that related to the modern game unlike our lot.

OUT: Tiredness

IN: Some fresh legs

The heat of Darwin obvously took its toll to some extent on Sunday, not to be discounted but only in terms of fitness I suppose.. Footy smarts ? God we lack some dont we..and thats starting with the coach.

I think im about to coin a new word.. Its called Concedual. It means having had, or already concded. This describes our attack ( a contradiction in playing terms ) and its foundatoin. We start by acknowledging the other team is about to thump us and run around like idiots attempting to put fingers in non existent Dykes. effectively to play to minimise a loss but in efect it only eccentuates one, or even by its prmonition creates it. well done MFC. A club at teh forefornt of somethng at last...the art of defeatist football,......take a bow !!

OUT: damn spot, out !

IN: Some player(s) who have the guts to realise what they are beig told to do is utter drivvel and take a game on , just take it on. Dont worry about teh coach's scathing...he'll get his soon enough as well as a DCM... Just play some inspirational football, show something...anyone .. Ferris !!

OUT: 2100

IN: 2012...cant wait.. fresh start, fresh folk...yeeha !!

How sad is it that I have the confidence of betting all my savings on Geelong beating us next week?

Should I? Shouldn't I?

I should..

The day we beat Geelong at Skilled and West Coast or Freo at Subi (Patersons, whatever) will be the day I will decide I don't need to live any longer.

It could potentially be better than winning the holy grail.

Edited by stevethemanjordan

Watts was completely out of it in the first half. The move to the wing brought him into the game. Tick to Bailey for that one. But there are too many crosses. Why, for example, do we play two ruckman at a throw in or ball up? Why does Gysberts regularly go third man up in a ruck contest which leaves us one short at ground level?

For me, outs are Maric, Bennell, Nicholson and Gysberts (only because he looks exhausted)

Ins: Davey, Bartram and Jurrah and one of Dunn or Bate (probably Dunn)

I'd put Watts on Franklin next time -The whole Frawley /Franklin thing was a mistake after quarter time .

Garland on Rioli was just as bad .

Jordy Mac tackled everything but Mitchell got the ball .

Anyway...

How sad is it that I have the confidence of betting all my savings on Geelong beating us next week?

Should I? Shouldn't I?

I should..

The day we beat Geelong at Skilled and West Coast or Freo at Subi (Patersons, whatever) will be the day I will decide I don't need to live any longer.

It could potentially be better than winning the holy grail.

Geelong will be $1.01 to win for sure, Cripes how do the Footy Dept. plan for this one!!!!

Geelong will be $1.01 to win for sure, Cripes how do the Footy Dept. plan for this one!!!!

1.07 atm...get on it... too easy !! ( too sad !!! )

I find it funny that Garland has leaked goals for our last three games but we want to drop Nicholson and Strauss. Frawley was good on Buddy, hard to keep the best forward in the comp quiet when we have no pressure through the middle and turn the footy over off half back. For next week I would like to see us line up as

Strauss Frawley Martin

Tapscott Rivers Garland

Trengove Sylvia Scully

Howe Watts Petterd

Green Jamar Jurrah

Gawn Moloney McKenzie

Jones Gysberts Dunn

Nicholson

Who cares. We're now at the place we weren't at earlier in the year, where players in the twos aren't being forced to work hard to get a place in the ones. Players are being turned over just cos heads have to roll. A very 2008 mentality.

This year is shot. Are last hope is West Coast at Etihad.

........................ For next week I would like to see us line up as

Strauss Frawley Martin

Tapscott Rivers Garland

Trengove Sylvia Scully

Howe Watts Petterd

Green Jamar Jurrah

Gawn Moloney McKenzie

Jones Gysberts Dunn

Nicholson

I really like that line-up, but would probably change Evans for Gysberts (who is playing like he needs a rest imo). Frawley and Martin to take care of Pods and Hawkins. Gawn would be very competitive against their rucks, and give Jamar a decent crack at FF. The toughest of assignments at the Cattery, but I think we need to change things around a bit (give them something to think about).

Nicholson must go

Disagree that he must go. This kid puts his head over the ball and drops into the hole to spoil. He did it twice and spoilt Buddy when Chip was out of position. He may have made a few fundamental execution errors, but I would keep playing him when it suits. Obviously with Davey due back soon, he could be in the mix to make way.

Are last hope is West Coast at Etihad.

No Luke. There is another.

Big outs Dappa ,

Jurrah

Davies

Scully

Grimes

JoelMC

Bail

Some oldies (24to 27) will get a go

and some kids will get a go .

Just read DBs report and he was happy with the forwards .

I reckon the kids had better blitz at Casey if they want a game .

CURRENT form and fitness ,not age ,should be the only criteria for selection from now on .

Bennell ,Garland ,Gysberts ,Marric are out of form.

I predict Flash ,Scully ,Joel Mc will be back and Garland will be lucky enough to stay in.

Guest Deefence

Who Can Come In: Warnock, Morton, Cook, Campbell, McNamara, Gawn, Davis, McDonald, Lawrence, Blease, Johnston

Who Could Come In (Injuries Permitting): Bartram, Jurrah, MacDonald, Newton, Scully, Davey, Jetta, Evans

Who Shouldn't Come In Yet (Form, Injuries): Grimes, Wonaeamirri, Bail

Warnock, Morton and Gawn are really the only three chances from the first list. We're better off hoping a few get up from the second list.

So...

Ins: Warnock, Bartram, Jurrah, Scully, Davey, Jetta

Outs: Strauss, Gysberts, Bate, Bennell, Maric, Dunn

Swap some big bodies in the forward line for some x-factor (Jurrah, Davey, Jetta), trade some softness in the backline for some hardness (Bartram, Warnock on Pods), and Scully for some class.

Six changes shows some players that they shouldn't get comfortable.

Injuries are concerns though, six changes doesn't look as good if we are bringing in rookies and 1st gamers.

Who Can Come In: Warnock, Morton, Cook, Campbell, McNamara, Gawn, Davis, McDonald, Lawrence, Blease, Johnston

Who Could Come In (Injuries Permitting): Bartram, Jurrah, MacDonald, Newton, Scully, Davey, Jetta, Evans

Who Shouldn't Come In Yet (Form, Injuries): Grimes, Wonaeamirri, Bail

Warnock, Morton and Gawn are really the only three chances from the first list. We're better off hoping a few get up from the second list.

So...

Ins: Warnock, Bartram, Jurrah, Scully, Davey, Jetta

Outs: Strauss, Gysberts, Bate, Bennell, Maric, Dunn

Swap some big bodies in the forward line for some x-factor (Jurrah, Davey, Jetta), trade some softness in the backline for some hardness (Bartram, Warnock on Pods), and Scully for some class.

Six changes shows some players that they shouldn't get comfortable.

Injuries are concerns though, six changes doesn't look as good if we are bringing in rookies and 1st gamers.

Six is drastic .2-4 is logical , depending on Casey form and fitness .

Edited by Captain Jack Jordan

I want to see Bennell play a full game. He's really getting screwed around with this sub role. On the outside he seems like having the potential to be a good impact sub, but to me he is a bit of a slow burner and works his way into the game.

OUT: Strauss, Maric

IN: Bartram, Evans

I want to see Bennell play a full game. He's really getting screwed around with this sub role. On the outside he seems like having the potential to be a good impact sub, but to me he is a bit of a slow burner and works his way into the game.

OUT: Strauss, Maric

IN: Bartram, Evans

I agree with this..

I want to see Bennell play a full game. ...........

Id like to see everyone play a 'full' game :unsure::rolleyes:

In: Gawn, Scully, Jurrah, Davey

Out: Bate, Gysberts, Bennell, Maric

I'm OK with your outs but Aaron Davey said at yesterday's player sponsor function that he would be hopefully coming back through the Scorpions which is logical given the time he's been out.

Tom Scully would be an outsider. He missed yesetrday's function - I was told he was ill with flu, as was Liam Jurrah.