Gawn's gawn :(

pitchfork

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

He will be very good, and now he can play down at Casey, getting a great more game time in the ruck - Learning the game.

We do not need 3 ruckmen in the side.

I also thought he did very well in the 2nd half of the 2nd quarter last week. Fremantle were getting closer, and Martin was loosing in the ruck. Gawn moved to the ruck, broke even, and we kicked some goals.

Well I thought Max has showed amazing ability and surety for a new kid on the block.

Men his height are usually embarrassing at this early stage in their career - but not Max.

He has alredy given notice that he has the nouse and flexibility to be a force in the football world.

Surely a coup for our recruiters - what number did he go at? ( and who could have had him?)

To say he's stiff is like saying the GFC caused some pain.

Well I thought Max has showed amazing ability and surety for a new kid on the block.

Men his height are usually embarrassing at this early stage in their career - but not Max.

He has alredy given notice that he has the nouse and flexibility to be a force in the football world.

Surely a coup for our recruiters - what number did he go at? ( and who could have had him?)

Went mid thirties I think so effectively anyone could have picked himup!

gawns kicking action isnt as "chunked" as spencers??

The timing of Spencer's injury may help Max take off .

Edited by Captain Jack Jordan

Put aside Max's first very nervous set shot at goal, which we all, Max included, will have a good laugh at in the future, Max really has hardly put a foot wrong in his three games.

He has done all that is asked of him. - well done and great focus.

He is currently ahead of Spencer in execution and footy smarts, regardless of injury, and of that other beanpole, the man allocated #48, Jack Fitzpatrick, who may or may not actually exist! Has anyone seen him?

At 208 cm and maybe still growing...Big Max will be playing seniors by next year, maybe not every week. But he will play.

If he plays next year Jamar or Martin are injured and Spencer is out of form.

Gawn has loads of potential but we won't see it for years.

Unless you go and watch Casey...

Love the kid, but let's not kid ourselves or Max. He's going to have to wait.

It was reported on this site at the time that Chris Connolly had told a Demons function that we were going to use pick 18 on Gawn but because Tapscott was unexpectedly still available then we took him (Tapscott) instead. That Gawn survived until the next round might have been dumb luck - but what we know is that MFC thought he was worth pick 18, even though we ended up getting him in the mid-30s.

Reason for edit: Correct typo

Edited by La Dee-vina Commedia

I agree with all you say!

And Max went at #34 in the 2009 draft.

I love just about everything i saw of him (the "just about" alluding to the....um..."attempt on goal" v Bombers). I think he will be an awesome ruckman for us, and i now feel comfortable that when Jamar does eventually retire we've got some great back up for him in waiting.

Edited by Pates

Really happy he got to play a game as the number 1 ruck (against Freo).

He got a taste against Essendon when he was more than handy up forward and in the ruck, he got a taste of getting beaten by Collingwood, and then he got a good run in the ruck against a solid player (Griffen) and a goal up forward.

Perfect 3 game stretch.

He better be patient.

Martin and Spencer will be difficult to push past at such a young age.

That may be but Gawn has no extra ability (right now) over Spencer that would put him ahead.

So while Spencer is there, Gawn is behind him.

Complete and utter rubbish.

I've seen more in Gawn's two games than I've seen, ever, from Spencer. How Spencer is automatically in front of Gawn, based on age or whatever you're choosing to use, is ridiculous. Spencer is not as good as Gawn, full stop. Jamar and Martin are our first two rucks, sure, but if we need a replacement, it's Gawn, not Spencer.

I've seen more in Gawn's two games than I've seen, ever, from Spencer. How Spencer is automatically in front of Gawn, based on age or whatever you're choosing to use, is ridiculous. Spencer is not as good as Gawn, full stop. Jamar and Martin are our first two rucks, sure, but if we need a replacement, it's Gawn, not Spencer.

Absolutely.

Here we are comparing a potential Melbourne Cup winner with the local farmer's draught horse.

If he plays next year Jamar or Martin are injured and Spencer is out of form.

Gawn has loads of potential but we won't see it for years.

Unless you go and watch Casey...

Love the kid, but let's not kid ourselves or Max. He's going to have to wait.

Max will be back playing some senior football long before you believe my friend.

Max has "it" he just needs to nurture it a little more. We will have 3 Ruckmen to share the load.

Edited by why you little

Complete and utter rubbish?

Really?

You're getting that excited by my assertion that Max is behind Jake in the pecking order?

Rah, rah.

Really?

You're getting that excited by my assertion that Max is behind Jake in the pecking order?

Rah, rah.

I nearly agree rpfc,

Saw spencer live against the roosters and he looked much better than previous years, when Jamar went down i was quite excited to see the big man... he did relegate Gawn to VFL reserves that week then got injured, Spencer is a BIG man atm and was rucking well

People continue to write so many of our young talls off....Jamar, Frawley, Watts, Martin it keeps happening

Players change and develop, i think Spencil had done this until his injury, but may now be behind the big MAX FACTOR now that the club has seen he can hold his own at AFL level, wasnt amazing like people have made out but was better than most expected, the club will want to fast track this guy because when he is big enough to Ruck he will be a monster and hard to stop,

Also Zac smith is 21 turning 22 this season a believe and played a full season in the VFL last year rucking so has 2 years on max, we wont be waiting until he is 24 though thats for sure

Really?

Rah, rah.

No, not that excited. Just wanted to make sure you understood that you have NFI...

I nearly agree rpfc,

Saw spencer live against the roosters and he looked much better than previous years, when Jamar went down i was quite excited to see the big man... he did relegate Gawn to VFL reserves that week then got injured, Spencer is a BIG man atm and was rucking well

People continue to write so many of our young talls off....Jamar, Frawley, Watts, Martin it keeps happening

Players change and develop, i think Spencil had done this until his injury, but may now be behind the big MAX FACTOR now that the club has seen he can hold his own at AFL level, wasnt amazing like people have made out but was better than most expected, the club will want to fast track this guy because when he is big enough to Ruck he will be a monster and hard to stop,

Also Zac smith is 21 turning 22 this season a believe and played a full season in the VFL last year rucking so has 2 years on max, we wont be waiting until he is 24 though thats for sure

I haven't 'written off' Spencer. I just find it ludicrous that anyone could think Spencer is in front of Gawn at the moment, based on how Gawn played when he was in the side.

Don't get lulled into VFL form. PJ always had that, and never made it. Dunn and Bate periodically play well for Casey, and we know how that works.

But Gawn played well at AFL level. That's a huge difference.

Guest Artie Bucco

Don't agree.

I think Gawn clearly has a higher ceiling and will reach it quicker than Spencer, but the Spencil is ahead of Gawn right now.

Marginally, but he is.

I think Spencer is being judged on previous years, possibly in ignorance of his development to date.

No, not that excited. Just wanted to make sure you understood that you have NFI...

I haven't 'written off' Spencer. I just find it ludicrous that anyone could think Spencer is in front of Gawn at the moment, based on how Gawn played when he was in the side.

Don't get lulled into VFL form. PJ always had that, and never made it. Dunn and Bate periodically play well for Casey, and we know how that works.

Definitely. Now that they have seen Gawn's upside which considerably better on the big stage than Spencer they should work more on his development, which means playing him ahead of Spence. Don't think Spencer has ever played as convincingly as Gawn did in the one's.

Aside from this I think Spencer could make it at the top level one day but Gawn is now ahead of him.

What is up your arse?

Maybe uranus needs to loosen up...

Gawn has played 3 games, 3 games he wouldn't have got if Spencer was fit. 3 games has not lifted him above Spencer. The end.