• PODCAST LIVE @ 8:30pm      

Call: 03 9016 3666 or Skype: Demonland31
    Click Here for LIVE Chat
    If you still want to browse Demonland
    while listening to the Podcast
    choose pop up player below

TuneIn    Opens in New Tab
  • IMPORTANT: PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Posting unsubstantiated rumours on this website is strictly forbidden.

Demonland has made the difficult decision to not permit this platform to be used to discuss & debate the off-field issues relating to the Melbourne Football Club including matters currently being litigated between the Club & former Board members, board elections, the issue of illicit drugs in footy, the culture at the club & the personal issues & allegations against some of our players & officials ...

We do not take these issues & this decision lightly & of course we believe that these serious matters affecting the club we love & are so passionate about are worthy of discussion & debate & I wish we could provide a place where these matters can be discussed in a civil & respectful manner.

However these discussions unfortunately invariably devolve into areas that may be defamatory, libelous, spread unsubstantiated rumours & can effect the mental health of those involved. Even discussion & debate of known facts or media reports can lead to finger pointing, blame & personal attacks.

The repercussion is that these discussions can open this website, it’s owners & it’s users to legal action & may result in this website being forced to shutdown.

Our moderating team are all volunteers & cannot moderate the forum 24/7 & as a consequence problematic content that contravenes our rules & standards may go unnoticed for some time before it can be removed.

We reserve the right to delete posts that offend against our above policy & indeed, to ban posters who are repeat offenders or who breach our code of conduct.

WE HAVE BUILT A FANTASTIC ONLINE COMMUNITY AT DEMONLAND OVER THE PAST 23 YEARS & WE WOULD LIKE TO CONTINUE TO BE ABLE TO DISCUSS THE CLUB WE LOVE & ARE SO PASSIONATE ABOUT.

Thank you for your continued support & understanding. Go Dees.

Quiet Trengove

Maldonboy38

Over the summer there has been a lot of speculating and discussion about how this and that player need to improve, or how certain players are on their last chance. Scully, Maric and Watts in particular have received heaps of attention. Listening to the 2nd game tonight I had my say about my observations from the game, and posted a reply. As I was reading other people's posts I was reminded about the sublime skills of Jack Trengove. He is rarely out of position, reads the play so well and has a very trustworthy set of skills that don't falter too much under pressure.

What do you think - does he get under many Dees supporter's radar? Does he get beneath yours?

What do you think - does he get under many Dees supporter's radar? Does he get beneath yours?

He's all class , when he's got it something constructive is about to happen .

Over the summer there has been a lot of speculating and discussion about how this and that player need to improve, or how certain players are on their last chance. Scully, Maric and Watts in particular have received heaps of attention. Listening to the 2nd game tonight I had my say about my observations from the game, and posted a reply. As I was reading other people's posts I was reminded about the sublime skills of Jack Trengove. He is rarely out of position, reads the play so well and has a very trustworthy set of skills that don't falter too much under pressure.

He wasn't the number 2 Draft Pick for nothing you know...He knows how to play just as well as Tom Scully.

We have multiple options now, opposition sides are going to have to keep many players quiet.

I know it's early days but Bails & the FD must be really proud of the work done so far.

Love the kid - absolute gun - deserves number 9 - will be captain of a melbourne premiership team one day

Must be gonna share it with Grimes , Scully and Watts .

.....he just makes me smile.

Speaking of which he always has a smile on his face like every day is just how he wants it to be, I've never seen anyone happier at training. He will be a star for us and if Sculls hangs around and Jack V is as good as either we will have one of the best midfields of the last 20 years.

I thought he tired towards the end of last year but early on I thought he was clearly our best newcomer.

Guest Rojik of the Arctic

He flies under mine. He just does everything so well without doing anything spectacularly, if you get what I mean. I notice him a lot more in the reply than I do live.

I went to the first open training session he attended last year. The first thing I noticed was his kicking. He was practicing short kicks with Gysberts. While Trengove had to move a few steps to mark the ball, Gys rarely even needed to shift his feet. It was a small thing, but I thought it was worth noting.

On top of this, all reports on him during the under 18 carnival talked about his ability to lift not just himself but the players around him when the pressure was on.

I don't think we can speak too highly of the potential impact he can have at the club.

Maybe he flies under the rader due to his quiet end to the season last year. He came back in round 19 after injury and couldn't replicate his promising start. I'd argue Trengove's first 14 games were better than Scully's.

Absolutely agree with this, he was terrifific for the first half of last year and his kicking is alot more reliable than the skull. Trengove reminds me of Greg Williams, perhaps a lttle slow but great hands, good in traffic and top footy brain. As he get stronger he will be such a key in the engine room.

he is all class, and will be one of those players that doesn't need 35 touches to kill the opposition. He could have 17 touches but its what he does with those 17 touches that will kill the opposition

Going to a great player for this club for many years to come.

Skills and poise have all been rightly heralded. His courage and strength I think go under the radar. For a kid his strength, balance and decision making in the clinches is the best I've seen along with Joel Selwood.

Cannot understate his importance.

How was the little give to Sylvia in the first half v Port?

0.00003% of players could see that option let alone execute. Salivating!

Yep, insane level of awareness right there.

The biggest improvement for me as a whole, was handball execution. We got a bit better at doing it last year, but we rarely ran into trouble yesterday.

We switched sides really intelligently, even against a team that zones as well as Adelaide. Our speed through the middle was also very evident, as well as our quickness of mind. Some of the handballs yesterday were lightening and it showed how much work we've put into this type of rolling play. Very exciting!

It's quite unbelievable really that someone like Trengove can slip under the radar, but all this focus on Scully means he's doing exactly that.

Cannot wait for him to unleash on the home and away season.

It's good for Watts to slip under the radar too. Must be relief to him the monkey is off his back and he looked better for it.

Edited by america de cali

Guest milpod

Trengove = future captain.

Have always rated Jack above Tom.If we were talking about Jack the same way as Tom,then I'd be sincerely devastated.If Tom goes before Watts,Trengove,Jurrah,Grimes I can live with that.I never expected to keep such a list together in the normalcy of AFL,let alone an expanded competition with an unfair advantage.

I do have renewed hope that a successful future and culture at the MFC will have some sway.