THE TOM SCULLY TO GWS THREAD

DirtyDees DDC

For years we had to peer over the fence and watch the green grass grow on the other side. Now we have to watch our backs.

Sheedy may be casting desiring eyes on Scully but not because of revenge. Lock up your pretty daughters now. Theres a lecherous old man lurking.

Edited by america de cali

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The Dees let Bruce go for a reason. Scully will be one of Melbourne's best players in his 2nd year, which will dictate an inflated salary (imo). I don't think he is going any where. I think this team management group knows what it's doing for once.

Spoke to Sam Bleases uncle at the intra club today, he says Scull is a good freind of Sammys and he doesnt think he will go to GWS.

Mainly because he is very much a homebody, wants to be close to family and has many great mates at melbourne.

Gee this thread reminds me of one last year....

Oh thats right, that was about Ricky Pettard, who many said (including me) was GC bound, done deal, game over...

While the thought of Scully leaving makes me shake, i honestly believe that we have enough talent to cover him should he join GWS (well sorta)

Kids that could come through include Gysberts, Blease, or even a smokey like Maric or Jetta. Wait a year or 2 and a kid named Jack Viney will be running round in the red & blue...

So i dont get cut off at the knees, I will again say that should Scully move to GWS i will be shattered, but with the LOADS & LOADS of talent we have on our list in a few years we are certain to have salary cap issues, and possibly loose a couple more.

So IMO if Scully did leave, you couldnt blame him, 6 years for $6m is a pretty healthy offer for a kid from Berwick... If i was his old man (and not a demon supporter), I would take the money and run son. In saying this we CAN blame the AFL for the stupid drafting rules they have brought in for the GC & GWS.

So in 2011 I am going to go to the footy and enjoy watching Scully run around in the Red & Blue, cause it could be the last season i get to do that!

wtf that says absolutely nothing

it's talking in the past tense as if TS has signed a contract but he hasn't, and has no comment from the Scully camp whatsoever

garbage

..........so back to all out panic. Oh no, what are we gonna do, the world is ending aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaggggggggggggggggghhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh.

Or instead we just have cool heads and put TRUST in the FD to do everything they can to keep him. If it is not enough then it is not enough and Scully will leave. The team is bigger than the individual and whilst i expect MFC to make every attempt to keep him- it is not at the expense of the fabric of the team or the club.

No-one on this forum can control what Tom or MFC are doing so lets all just take a breath and chill out.

Time to put the red cordial away.

Hun today

I believe Tom Scully will stay. We must have faith in the conversations Tom has with Bails, Jimma, CC, Cam Schwab,etc etc.

This Club has so much to offer, if everybody pulls in the one direction, which we are now doing. Jim's speech last night said it all for me.

I hope Tom feels the same way.

..........so back to all out panic. Oh no, what are we gonna do, the world is ending aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaggggggggggggggggghhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh.

Or instead we just have cool heads and put TRUST in the FD to do everything they can to keep him. If it is not enough then it is not enough and Scully will leave. The team is bigger than the individual and whilst i expect MFC to make every attempt to keep him- it is not at the expense of the fabric of the team or the club.

No-one on this forum can control what Tom or MFC are doing so lets all just take a breath and chill out.

I just said that article establishes absolutely nothing either way

It should just say 'Bails obviously rates Scully. The End.'

I just said that article establishes absolutely nothing either way

It should just say 'Bails obviously rates Scully. The End.'

This thread establishes nothing either...

It should be called 'Demon masses fear all things that could go wrong. The End.'

Edited by rpfc

Guest milpod

This thread establishes nothing either...

It should be called 'Demon masses fear all things that could go wrong. The End.'

Ultimately Scully remaining or going won't determine whether we win a flag.Would I like him to stay?Absolutely.

Have given up stressing about situations beyond my control many years ago.

That recent HUN article explains how Bailey sees things and gives a bit of perspective on what Tom is thinking and what he wants.

Seems Scullz knows he's part of the Demons' core nucleus going forward and ultimate success in the oldest club in the world - home of the MCG - is hard to go past (even with $6m waved in his face!).

- Footy in Victoria is the ultimate in AFL

- Home ground as the MCG is the ultimate in AFL

- Jimmy Stynes inspiring is the ultimate (and I'm sure he could sway Tom)

That recent HUN article explains how Bailey sees things and gives a bit of perspective on what Tom is thinking and what he wants.

Seems Scullz knows he's part of the Demons' core nucleus going forward and ultimate success in the oldest club in the world - home of the MCG - is hard to go past (even with $6m waved in his face!).

- Footy in Victoria is the ultimate in AFL

- Home ground as the MCG is the ultimate in AFL

- Jimmy Stynes inspiring is the ultimate (and I'm sure he could sway Tom)

and why would Scully be any more mortal than Ablett ?

$6m is $6m , and for a 19 year old it would be more attractive than a game of football on the MCG .

Go crazy?! Don't mind if I do! Hubagh, hgrmnahbul hna! Wullahgna pfdalrgaha! Woo! :)

10 points to whoever id's the reference.

Go crazy?! Don't mind if I do! Hubagh, hgrmnahbul hna! Wullahgna pfdalrgaha! Woo! :)

10 points to whoever id's the reference.

Homer simpson, on a Treehouse of Horrors episode. Classic scene: "Well what do you think Marge? All it needs is a title. I was thinking something along the lines of 'no tv and no beer make homer something something...'"

$6m is $6m , and for a 19 year old it would be more attractive than a game of football on the MCG .

Money does talk, this is true... but not everyone walks. See Petterd and A. Swallow. ;)

Hopefully, like Petterd, Tom realises what's brewing at the Dees and that it's good enough to surpass the $6m GWS offer. Time will tell.

This one reminds me of the Steven Tingay speculation from the mid-90's when expansion giants fremantle were trying to pluck him from our grasp only for Tingay to re-sign with the mighty dees. logic says that it makes no sense for scully to consider a move like this so early in his career... if it came to pass imagine what free agency is going to do that will be one mother of a trainwreck with the fading superclubs such ass essendon trying to scramble back onto the top deck.

So Bailey thinks he will stay. Well then, that's the end of it. :unsure:

Hang on a minute; he reckoned the same about Bruce. :)

I see it as exactly the opposite: for a kid the money is nice, but one of the lower priorities.

And it keeps being presented as if it is a choice between $6 million and nothing.

In the end it might be a difference of a couple of million.

When you're already earning a couple of million over a few years, the extra money isn't that great a pull when put up against long-term success with a bunch of your mates at the mecca of AFL.

I know that if I was presented with those options, which choice I'd make, and it's not the money.

Quality of life is so much more important.