stevethemanjordan

WELCOME TO THE MELBOURNE FOOTBALL CLUB - JAKE LEVER

When is Lever back from Europe?

Bring on his first interview with Burgo already!! 

43 minutes ago, Demon77 said:

I don't think it's official until he's been on the Demonland podcast.

• Like 4

4 hours ago, Demon77 said:

He’s currently in one of the most spectacular parts of the world according to Insta. He needs to enjoy it before the drab Burgo interviews start coming his way. 

• Like 3

Tex Walker is such a hypocrite. Claims in AFL article that Gibbs has taken a pay cut to come home rather than an increase like Lever. Hey Tex, helps if you don't insult an 21 yo AA squad member by offering $350k off the bat.

Also digs at Lever and Cameron:

"Walker did not waste his latest chance to have a none-too-subtle dig at Lever and possibly also Cameron.

"Sam Gibson and Bryce Gibbs, they don't only bring talent; they bring hard work, leadership and (are) great characters," Walker said.

"That's what we like to get at our football club. I rate people with leadership and character."

Haha! Like a character that gets pizzed watching the footy when dropped like you in your youth?

• Like 1

It is an elite spine, if only Oscar was not being considered. The number of times he has lost possession or failed to gain possession is quite wrenching. The whole backline, centres and deep forward lines are elite, at last. Bring on the 2918 season. Just about to send in my MFC membership renewal, too. 

All talk is Tex, yet when it comes to the biggest stage, he can't get even close to walking the walk.

1 minute ago, Deemania since 56 said:

It is an elite spine, if only Oscar was not being considered. The number of times he has lost possession or failed to gain possession is quite wrenching. The whole backline, centres and deep forward lines are elite, at last. Bring on the 2918 season. Just about to send in my MFC membership renewal, too. 

Wow!  I won't be alive - Hope we don't have to wait this long??

• Haha 1

19 minutes ago, Moonshadow said:

Tex Walker is such a hypocrite. Claims in AFL article that Gibbs has taken a pay cut to come home rather than an increase like Lever. Hey Tex, helps if you don't insult an 21 yo AA squad member by offering $350k off the bat.

"Walker did not waste his latest chance to have a none-too-subtle dig at Lever and possibly also Cameron.

"Sam Gibson and Bryce Gibbs, they don't only bring talent; they bring hard work, leadership and (are) great characters," Walker said.

"That's what we like to get at our football club. I rate people with leadership and character."

Haha! Like a character that gets pizzed watching the footy when dropped like you in your youth?

Walker is really only damaging his own reputation by persisting with this line of trash talking his ex-teammates.

To have gone thru the Phil Walsh tragedy showing some real leadership and camaraderie to this,  being a bitter and vindictive Club captain surely can’t be enamouring himself to his other teammates.

Seems like a bit of a boys club over at the Crows where it’s okay for Dangerfield and probably Sloane to leave next year, escaping any criticism.

• Like 4

Melbourne lost Scully for about the same differential amount per year as Adelaide lost Lever and nobody (as in Melbourne players) are begrudging him in taking the money.

Tex just needs to get over it and understand that sometimes players want what the market price is for them; it is fine for him to make that sacrifice, but he cannot make it for Lever.

Edited by ickey_11

17 minutes ago, Deemania since 56 said:

Hopefully we win a flag by 2918! I’d like to see one in my life time, and preferably not have to find a way to live 900 years for that to happen :laugh:

• Like 1

Bit of talk going around that young Jake is on $650,000. Good coin for a 21 year old, but certainly not going to throw things out of whack too much.

2 hours ago, Tough Kent said:

Bit of talk going around that young Jake is on $650,000. Good coin for a 21 year old, but certainly not going to throw things out of whack too much.

The crows spreading it around that he is on $ 900000.

2 hours ago, McQueen said:

Walker is really only damaging his own reputation by persisting with this line of trash talking his ex-teammates.

To have gone thru the Phil Walsh tragedy showing some real leadership and camaraderie to this,  being a bitter and vindictive Club captain surely can’t be enamouring himself to his other teammates.

Seems like a bit of a boys club over at the Crows where it’s okay for Dangerfield and probably Sloane to leave next year, escaping any criticism.

I wonder if his manager is telling him to Shut up, or the players Union has told him to shut up, its the players that have been pushing for more player movement.

2 hours ago, Tough Kent said:

Who cares what he's on, help us win a flag Jakey.

4 hours ago, Moonshadow said:

http://m.afc.com.au/news/2014-11-26/recruiting-files-walker

Take a look at the ‘circumstances’ in which Walker got to his beloved Crows.... 

Hypocrite of the highest order. 

No other team had the chance to draft him and if they did he’d be the first to request a trade to Adelaide if he had the chance. 

Plus the fact that there’d be no go home factor to Broken Hill anyway....

• Like 1

Talk around town that our first game next year will be v Adelaide Crows. 

I'm looking forward to Tex and Jake lining up against each other.

• Like 1