Trade Targets 2025

11 minutes ago, BDA said:

I reckon we should trade in charley Curnow.

And Harley Reid.

Trade period solved.

You're all welcome

Great news. Now who are you trading out to catch such big fish?
Oliver and May?

(I’d do that if we could get those two).

Edited by Neil Crompton
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, spirit of norm smith said:

Dees should target young Angus Sheldrick from the Swans. Had good games in 2023 including a rising star nomination.  Showed form as good as Gulden and Warner etc.  but then a few injury ended his year.  This year again unable to crack into Swans line up this year due to injuries (finger and now ankle injury)  the fact they are overloaded with mids. Had 4/5 games in VFL and starred each week  

He is contracted to end 2025 but I’d definitely get in the phone to his manager.  Like to see Dees consider him. 

He’s only 21, drafted pick 18 in 2021 draft.  Strong with good pace and very good left foot disposal.  

That’s the profile of the player we need in terms of age, exposure and cost out.

Whilst I think we’ll have money to spend this offseason I think it might be better spent going for 2 younger players as we have holes everywhere.

Our draft strategy is simple; if we still think we are competing for a flag, we will only use 2 picks and use other assets to make the picks as good as possible.

• Like 2

If we aren't going hard for LDU and Battle then I will spew up. Get them and Moyle plus 2 or 3 picks in the draft. That will top us up nicely.

Surely with Gus, BBB and possibly Tommo, Tmac and Petty leaving we have cap space?

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Moonshadow said:

If we aren't going hard for LDU and Battle then I will spew up. Get them and Moyle plus 2 or 3 picks in the draft. That will top us up nicely.

Surely with Gus, BBB and possibly Tommo, Tmac and Petty leaving we have cap space?

I also want LDU but cant see it being til hes out of contract in 2025. Let’s assume LDU agrees to come end of this season what are you willing to give this year whilst he is still in contract that Nolrth will accept. Unless something crazy happens Nth will get a top of band pick for him if he leaves under FA. So to do it a year early it would need to be more than they expect to get the following year to be in their interests. 

• Like 4

Will Brodie (Freo - 25 years) and Jarryd Lyons (Bris - 31). Both have played very good football at AFL level and are now a class above at the lower levels. Both have faults, but would add significantly to our midfield depth (we have none) and would come very cheap.

Edited by Tough Kent
spelling
  • Like 3

11 minutes ago, praha said:

Freo throwing the kitchen sink at Chad Warner.

Watch us recruit Charlie Dixon and Oscar Allen.

Oscar Allen is a star and would be an incredible get, no way West Coast lets him go.

Edited by Nascent
  • Like 2

32 minutes ago, old55 said:

A Moyle trade should be number one priority IMO. Battle and Parfitt are good UFA targets.

Would be a good trade period for us.

Moyle, Battle, Cumming and a depth mid like Parfitt or Brodie would be a good outcome.

Or we try our luck with a young fringe 22 mid that may prove best 22 worthy. Angwin, Sheldrick etc..

Regardless, we should be going hard for Callaghan next year when he's out of contract.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Nascent said:

Would be a good trade period for us.

Moyle, Battle, Cumming and a depth mid like Parfitt or Brodie would be a good outcome.

Or we try our luck with a young fringe 22 mid that may prove best 22 worthy. Angwin, Sheldrick etc..

Regardless, we should be going hard for Callaghan next year when he's out of contract.

Yep for me Stengle, Battle and Moyle would be a great trade period.

Pick up some depth in Brodie or Lyons maybe 

Young fringe players in Sheldrick or Angwin 

Draft a couple of midfielders 

And I think I’d be able to have some sort of hope again if we picked up the three first stated. 

• Like 1

On 18/06/2024 at 11:16, whatwhat say what said:

he is clearly looking for a big, big pay packet back for a team based in the city of melbourne

peptides should be throwing significant coin at him; they need a small forward

Haven't they got the two Davey boys?

Re JSmith, appreciate we can't discuss the case but two questions I think are reasonable (and hopefully not in breach of the current editorial policy...)

1. Anyone shed any light as to why there is radio silence from all involved or where its at? Every other similar case has been headline material for months.

2. What is the situation re our salary cap etc. Can we delist at year's end?

• Thinking 1

21 minutes ago, jnrmac said:

Re JSmith, appreciate we can't discuss the case but two questions I think are reasonable (and hopefully not in breach of the current editorial policy...)

1. Anyone shed any light as to why there is radio silence from all involved or where its at? Every other similar case has been headline material for months.

2. What is the situation re our salary cap etc. Can we delist at year's end?

My understanding is:

1. the investigation is still ongoing and not even the club or the AFL (and thus the media) have access to any information until Sports Integrity Australia publishes a finding

2. he is only contracted until the end of this year, so he will no longer be on the list regardless of whether the investigation is still ongoing 

Mods - please delete if this violates the editorial policy

Edited by demoncat
  • Like 1

I'm not fussed on who we get AS LONG as those being targeted from other clubs and in the draft are quick and skillful. We need players that can run and break lines and deliver under pressure. 

5 hours ago, old55 said:

A Moyle trade should be number one priority IMO. Battle and Parfitt are good UFA targets.

I agree with Parfitt

5 hours ago, Tough Kent said:

Will Brodie (Freo - 25 years) and Jarryd Lyons (Bris - 31). Both have played very good football at AFL level and are now a class above at the lower levels. Both have faults, but would add significantly to our midfield depth (we have none) and would come very cheap.

Brodie had a really good year with Freo, last year or the year before.

1 hour ago, Bring-Back-Powell said:

Where Do I Sign GIFs - Find & Share on GIPHY

I swear I meant to write someone else... I think I was reading about Oscar Allen and my brain went into auto-pilot.

Yes, I have a brain.

• Haha 4