TRAINING: Wednesday 8th May 2024

Posted (edited)
29 minutes ago, WalkingCivilWar said:

I heard that, it was during the SEN interview with Dwayne, and I was surprised because everyone at the Club calls him Leb, including the coaches. He told me no one calls him The Duke. Maybe deep down he’d prefer The Duke. 🤷‍♀️ 

Mmmmm.  The Duke of Windsor didn’t really commit himself to his job to the extent required of the modern AFL player, especially what we want of any Demon player.  He was distracted by outside influences that affected his performance.  
However he did I guess have quite a few Demons of his own.  

Edited by monoccular
  • Clap 1

Thanks for the effort to get there again WC.  Entertaining stuff and a great read, even the DL hoopla 😄

Kudos on the Bowey scoop.  Hoping to make the next one.

If you're going feel free to PM me with any coffee preferences beforehand!

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, WalkingCivilWar said:

Well ya kept this quiet! Where were you 11 hours ago? I could’ve used your help when I was floundering. We could’ve avoided “four pages of outrage” to use the words of MoonFace or Moonboot or whatever his name is.

Kidding, of course. It’s great your kids had such a fun time getting autographs and pics. Enjoy the rest of your visit to Melbourne and especially a win tomorrow night! ❤️💙

🙋‍♀️ I’m right here, you know.

JK. 😁 I started this thread because there was nobody else reporting from Gosch’s. I make a point each time of prefacing a training report with variations of ‘I couldn’t do a training report to save my [censored] life.’ I’m not the cause of the angst. No, the angst stems from a poster who whinged about the lack of an insightful report, and worse still, the goon who applauded it. And now some old bloke I don’t even know is whining about four pages of ‘outrage,’ yep outrage that wouldn’t have happened HAD THE WHINGER NOT WHINGED AND HIS GOON NOT APPLAUDED IT.

Geez Louise. What a shemozzle. A fiasco. A debacle. Call it what you will, but ima do the exact same thing next week if for no other reason than to get under the skin of the old bloke, the whinger, and his goon. 🥳

"Goon"

"Moonface"

Pull your [censored] head in WCW.

There's having a debate and disagreeing with people, and then there's you who constantly gets personal like this when someone remotely questions anything in the slightest that may differ to your opinion. 

Not once did anyone get personal with you but here you go again showing your true colours. 

Some people like to come on training threads purely for the footy content and some like to come for a bit of banter, that's fine. If some prefer either then absolutely fine, there is no right or wrong way about it.

Why you feel the need for name calling is absolutely beyond me.

Sort this stuff out @Demonland

Edited by dazzledavey36
  • Haha 2
  • Facepalm 2

I dunno. I’m not the one who was schooled 😉

I don't have a witty comeback for that.

• Haha 1

The question I have, in this day and age of heightened metrics and training methodologies, is the Captain's run just a tradition or does it serve a purpose? 

• Haha 1

9 hours ago, WalkingCivilWar said:

🙋‍♀️ I’m right here, you know.

Call it what you will, but ima do the exact same thing next week if for no other reason than to get under the skin of the old bloke, the whinger, and his goon. 🥳

Go for it,  but be careful,  do not want a heart attack on the keyboard.  Blood goes everywhere.

• Haha 2

I think we all need a cup of tea. A bex and a good lie down,  

get ready for the football tonight and a win against the baggers. About 3 goals I think.

• Thanks 1
  • Love 1

9 hours ago, WalkingCivilWar said:

Well ya kept this quiet! Where were you 11 hours ago? I could’ve used your help when I was floundering. We could’ve avoided “four pages of outrage” to use the words of MoonFace or Moonboot or whatever his name is.

Kidding, of course. It’s great your kids had such a fun time getting autographs and pics. Enjoy the rest of your visit to Melbourne and especially a win tomorrow night! ❤️💙

715a2b22dc7508efd71b06f49b15c7a0.jpeg.jpg

• Haha 3

8 hours ago, dazzledavey36 said:

"Goon"

"Moonface"

There's having a debate and disagreeing with people, and then there's you who constantly gets personal like this when someone remotely questions anything in the slightest that may differ to your opinion. 

Not once did anyone get personal with you but here you go again showing your true colours. 

Some people like to come on training threads purely for the footy content and some like to come for a bit of banter, that's fine. If some prefer either then absolutely fine, there is no right or wrong way about it.

Daz, I think if you were being told you’ve done a [censored] job, you’d take that personally - particularly if you had prefaced your comments by saying it won’t be an insightful report. It’s no wonder posters doing training reports are a dying breed around here.

• Like 6
  • Love 1

8 hours ago, dazzledavey36 said:

"Goon"

"Moonface"

Why don’t you just comment on the footy Dazzle, you’ve got some worthwhile input there. Or were you trying to be funny?

And yes, I understand the irony of this post. 

• Like 3

25 minutes ago, Neil Crompton said:

Daz, I think if you were being told you’ve done a [censored] job, you’d take that personally - particularly if you had prefaced your comments by saying it won’t be an insightful report. It’s no wonder posters doing training reports are a dying breed around here.

I never said to anyone they did a [censored] job at reporting training.

I actually asked a footy related question if you go back to my post which was, were there any noticeable changes regarding player changes and that's it.

I understand why people get frustrated because some do come in here purely for the footy content and have to scroll past the other stuff. 

I agree that people saying it's [censored] reporting is not acceptable, what I don't agree with is that very person getting personal with the name calling. It isn't a once off and she has a history of it when someone has disagreed with her in the slightest and yet continues to get away because the mods thinks its all a good joke.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, dazzledavey36 said:

I never said to anyone they did a [censored] job at reporting training.

I actually asked a footy related question if you go back to my post which was, were there any noticeable changes regarding player changes and that's it.

I understand why people get frustrated because some do come in here purely for the footy content and have to scroll past the other stuff. 

I agree that people saying it's [censored] reporting is not acceptable, what I don't agree with is that very person getting personal with the name calling. It isn't a once off and she has a history of it when someone has disagreed with her in the slightest and yet continues to get away because the mods thinks its all a good joke.

“throw a stone into a crowd of dogs, and the hit dog will holler.” 

I never named anyone. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Posted (edited)
35 minutes ago, WalkingCivilWar said:

“throw a stone into a crowd of dogs, and the hit dog will holler.” 

I never named anyone. 

Don't play dumb.

You and I know it was clearly directed at me and Moonshadow. How you dragged me into this based off a clapping reaction is absolutely beyond me.

Cut the personal [censored] out and grow up, if people are [censored] bagging training threads then simply put them on ignore.

Edited by dazzledavey36
  • Love 2
  • Haha 2

8 minutes ago, dazzledavey36 said:

Don't play dumb.

You and I know it was clearly directed at me and Moonshadow. How you dragged me into this based off a clapping reaction is absolutely beyond me.

Cut the personal [censored] out and grow up, if people are [censored] bagging training threads then simply put them on ignore.

😘

Posted (edited)
59 minutes ago, Redleg said:

Let’s move on everyone, we are all Dees fans wanting the same thing, another flag.

Wise words, Red

It's a big day, let's get back to the footy talk.

Thanks to all those who attended training.

I'm gonna do my usual trick tonight of sneaking into the oppo reserved seating and cause a bit of commotion 

Cannot wait!

Edited by Moonshadow
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2