POSTGAME: Rd 08 vs Geelong

1 hour ago, old dee said:

I must admit I have never been a big fan of Goodwin but this year he seems to have gone up a level. Doing a good job this season. But it once again shows players make coaches. 

1 hour ago, old dee said:

I love how people can only see negatives when we win. Last night we beat the undefeated top team. We must have done most things well. No team plays 100% ever game. People seem to lose sight of the fact there is an opponent out there. 46 humans running around, their only human, errors occur. The objective is to be in front at the end. We just beat the top team. ENJOY it! 

If you can never see negatives you can never improve and that includes life itself. 

1 hour ago, Binmans PA said:

Our ball movement was elite - so kicking. Our defensive structures were elite. The goalkicking was poor.

Clarry had the equal most disposals on the ground, most pressure acts on the ground, along with 4 clearances.

The two clearance leaders on the ground were Viney and Max, and we won stoppage.

We dominated rebound 50s, a key stat for us this year.

What on earth are you talking about?

Football- not stats.

If I need autistic analytics I’ll look you up.

I saw the back six dominate their opponents.

The mids turned it over.

And the forwards wasted opportunities.

May was elite.

Tmac Elite

Lever elite

I acknowledge the tackling was good throughout the game which kept us in it but if you were there it was a scrubber of a game.

Go make a pie chart

• Haha 1

I'm treating myself with the replay. Gee Oliver was hard done by a lot from umps.

And I noticed that Geelong player with the head band was everywhere. Often marking his own kicks.

• Haha 4

1 hour ago, Red and Bluebeard said:

Because the head is sacrosanct, OD, unless it is Max in a ruck contest, in which case anything goes ...

Or Brayshaw.

• Like 3
  • Clap 2

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, leave it to deever said:

I'm treating myself with the replay. Gee Oliver was hard done by a lot from umps.

And I noticed that Geelong player with the head band was everywhere. Often marking his own kicks.

Seems to be the only player to get done holding the ball these days.

Edited by Left Foot Snap
Clarity
  • Like 6

8 minutes ago, demon3165 said:

If you can never see negatives you can never improve and that includes life itself. 

I’m quite sure Old Dee was talking about people who ONLY see the negatives. 

• Like 4
  • Clap 1

I might have observed last week that the Dee's had no one other than May and Gawn who could take a contested mark. 

Big mistake by me,but it's true that catching it in contests makes a big difference .

Maybe JVR can step up sometime soon

• Facepalm 3

4 minutes ago, WalkingCivilWar said:

I’m quite sure Old Dee was talking about people who ONLY see the negatives. 

And only people who cannot see negatives only fool themselves. 

2 hours ago, old dee said:

I am much more confident of him from distance. From 20 - 30 metres I close my eyes. A great goal. From distance he loves to run around to his right before he kicks. The greatest ruckman I have seen playing the game and gets no help from umpires eg last night's wack to the head. 

I think Max closes his eyes as well.

Always looks positively nervous 25 m out. Looks at the goals for a second then the ground for too long . 

Much better at bombing when there's no self imposed pressure.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, demon3165 said:

And only people who cannot see negatives only fool themselves. 

And the very same applies to people who cannot see positives.

• Like 7
  • Clap 1

25 minutes ago, Biffen said:

Football- not stats.

If I need autistic analytics I’ll look you up.

I saw the back six dominate their opponents.

The mids turned it over.

And the forwards wasted opportunities.

May was elite.

Tmac Elite

Lever elite

I acknowledge the tackling was good throughout the game which kept us in it but if you were there it was a scrubber of a game.

Go make a pie chart

I don't think there's a poster who understands the game less than you, but you've always gone on feelings. If you don't have your culture war talking points you've got nothing.

• Like 1
  • Clap 3

3 minutes ago, WalkingCivilWar said:

And the very same applies to people who cannot see positives.

I have no problem seeing positives and see many I just don't get fooled easily like some, by the way I can keep this up all day...

• Haha 1

Just now, demon3165 said:

I have no problem seeing positives and see many I just don't get fooled easily like some, by the way I can keep this up all day...

Same.

I’m the queen of “has to have the last say” But we’re undoubtedly annoying others so perhaps it should end here. Let’s just both agree that I’m right. 😝

• Like 2
  • Haha 4

One of the best sights:  Oliver with no bandaging or protection on his hand.  Bodes well 😊

• Like 9
  • Love 2

1 minute ago, Lucifers Hero said:

One of the best sights:  Oliver with no bandaging or protection on his hand.  Bodes well 😊

He will only get better as the year rolls on.

• Like 4

Posted (edited)
10 minutes ago, Demonland said:

The media will replay the goal all week.

Internally at the team reviews this spoil will be the one replayed over and over. Match winning stuff from Petty. If that mark sticks they are out with another Geelong player running through the corridor. Petty wasn't in the best position but read the play and worked to get to that spot to spoil. HUGE

Edited by Young Blood
  • Like 14
  • Love 3
  • Clap 3

1 hour ago, von said:

Seemed like he didn’t want to give us credit so spoke around most of the questions. 

Been taking notes from Serena Williams.

• Like 1

Great to see Tmac in vintage form evocative from his early days as a defender days. Many forget he was a top line key defender during our dark days before switching to play forward. 

• Like 4

14 minutes ago, Young Blood said:

The media will replay the goal all week.

I'll replay it for years.
One for the ages up there with Jack Watts QB effort.

• Like 2
  • Love 2

2 hours ago, Bobby McKenzie said:

What I love seeing is Clarry really ENJOYING his footy. He was all smiles and gave Caleb a big hug and smile after that great tackle and finishing goal. Clarry back to his superb best and the flag is a big reality. Well done Clarry  on overcoming your personal issues. You are a true Demon..

As mentioned a few times he was short changed more than a few times with tough htb.

But he didn't argue or show poor body language or shake his head once.

• Like 2

Someone show Scott the expected scores. Talking about the easy chances they missed while paying no mind to the plethora of ones that we missed. What an absolute plonker.

• Like 4