• IMPORTANT: PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Posting unsubstantiated rumours on this website is strictly forbidden.

Demonland has made the difficult decision to not permit this platform to be used to discuss & debate the off-field issues relating to the Melbourne Football Club including matters currently being litigated between the Club & former Board members, board elections, the issue of illicit drugs in footy, the culture at the club & the personal issues & allegations against some of our players & officials ...

We do not take these issues & this decision lightly & of course we believe that these serious matters affecting the club we love & are so passionate about are worthy of discussion & debate & I wish we could provide a place where these matters can be discussed in a civil & respectful manner.

However these discussions unfortunately invariably devolve into areas that may be defamatory, libelous, spread unsubstantiated rumours & can effect the mental health of those involved. Even discussion & debate of known facts or media reports can lead to finger pointing, blame & personal attacks.

The repercussion is that these discussions can open this website, it’s owners & it’s users to legal action & may result in this website being forced to shutdown.

Our moderating team are all volunteers & cannot moderate the forum 24/7 & as a consequence problematic content that contravenes our rules & standards may go unnoticed for some time before it can be removed.

We reserve the right to delete posts that offend against our above policy & indeed, to ban posters who are repeat offenders or who breach our code of conduct.

WE HAVE BUILT A FANTASTIC ONLINE COMMUNITY AT DEMONLAND OVER THE PAST 23 YEARS & WE WOULD LIKE TO CONTINUE TO BE ABLE TO DISCUSS THE CLUB WE LOVE & ARE SO PASSIONATE ABOUT.

Thank you for your continued support & understanding. Go Dees.

PREGAME: Rd 08 vs Geelong

25 minutes ago, 640MD said:

Favourites in the gambling game, does not mean much once they get on the ground.

but maybe we are developing a more favourable opinion of our team from the wider football followers.  And gamblers by their nature take a more interested and invested view of the possible outcome.

Go Dee’s 

Much as I detest the increase of gambling advertising in our game, your point is interesting to say the least.  
Most gamblers, I believe, bet with their heads not their hearts, and aren’t likely to often throw money after sentiment.without likelihood of return. 
Any gamblers here please correct me if this is too simplistic. 

18 hours ago, DubDee said:

Goody tries nothing like: 

Turner fwd

Petty fwd

Rivers mid

Salem mid

Brayshaw back

T Mac back again 

Trying 1/2/3 tall fwds

Playing first year kids like Windsor and Kolt

I reckon Goody gets a bad rep for being stubborn and not trying stuff but he is getting a lot better in this area the last 2 years imo. Also game plan mixed up somewhat this season

Against Richmond, we had Langdon and ANB swapped a few times at centre bounces with Langdon starting at the nominal CHF position and ANB on the wing. I don't think I've seen that before, and, frankly, I'm not sure why we did it.

For all those projecting dire and disastrous consequence against Geelong because of horrible kicking/turnovers like Wednesday’s first half, i.e. 56% disposal efficiency (10 percentage points below all game average), would love to know what you think happens if we play like the second half, i.e. 76% disposal efficiency (10 points ABOVE all game average)?

• Like 6
  • Haha 1

I can’t see any obvious changes. Maybe Hunter for Woewodin. Fritsch could play the defensive forward on Stewart. The area we most need to improve is in the middle. Our defence has been unbelievably good. If our mids get on top and Petty can clunk a few we should have this. Jeez, it’s going to be an incredible 2 weeks of footy coming up. Win these and the competition will look at us as the pace setters. Lose them both and we may have kissed top 4 and a flag chance away. 

23 minutes ago, SthSea22 said:

McAdam must play

Sub for Laurie

Hore for Woewodin

Fairly sure it’s expected he’ll play a whole game in the VFL before returning. Let Petty run into form this week and then get McAdam in to tear the Blues a new one.

• Like 1

I can only really see two possible changes.

Hunter in (Woey out?). This one is not necessary, although Woey was not great. For anyone saying Billings should go out, I don't get it. Aside from a few misses (not alone here), his foot passes and vision was among the best on Wed. He is one of the only one who looks to drill passes to forwards. Windsor (who has been very good) kicked it straight to the Tigers 2-3 times (absolute howlers) and nobody is calling for him to be swapped.

I'm not sure what some are expecting from Billings, but aside from a poor game or two, I think he is generally improving and finding his feet in a new team with a different structure. Last game was good, I think we will need him to continue such vision against the Cats.

Petty out (Fullarton in?) - this one is tricky. It's clear Petty is struggling, both physically and with confidence. I'd say there is a good argument to send him to Casey for a few weeks to find some form. This would allow Fullarton to come in (his game at Casey was decent) - and give JVR a break with rucking duties - which will help him focus on kicking goals. On the other hand, we know Goody rates Petty - who is a premiership defender - and will find his feet.

If I was a betting man, I would say Goody persists with what he knows (is possible) - and backs Petty to get in to it. It's probably too big a game to risk Fullarton. 

• Like 2

No way is Petty getting dropped. 

Troy Chaplin was interviewed pre game and said that they are aware he's down in form but will back him to the full to find that find at AFL level.

He went on to further explain that he has all the attributes of a key forward that they're looking for in terms of his work rate, defensive pressure and ability to hunt the ground ball. Similar was said about Turner as well.

• Like 7
  • Clap 2

18 minutes ago, Roost it far said:

Fairly sure it’s expected he’ll play a whole game in the VFL before returning. Let Petty run into form this week and then get McAdam in to tear the Blues a new one.

been thinking on McAdam.. it's a ten day break. They may up his training load and take a chance.

Given the subsequent 5 day break this is a risk but Goodwin does like unexpected selections and leaving players in the VFL is not one of them.... vide Petty this year and Salem in 2022

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, Roost it far said:

Throw him in i reckon

Woey was awful down back, Hunter will take his role due to skillset 

1 minute ago, Diamond_Jim said:

been thinking on McAdam.. it's a ten day break. They may up his training load and take a chance.

Given the subsequent 5 day break this is a risk but Goodwin does like unexpected selections and leaving players in the VFL is not one of them.... vide Petty this year and Salem in 2022

McAdam is ready

10 day break will be fine

Hunter also will come in surely?

3 minutes ago, Diamond_Jim said:

I'd be surprised if they brought him in. The club has invested months in his rehabilitation. The glimpses he gave off limited game time indicates it's an investment worth making.  He'll come in when he's ready for the long term.  Not as a sugar hit.

• Like 4
  • Clap 1

I reckon McAdam will play 80% game time at Casey first before coming back. We know he's got an injury profile, why on earth would we risk the investment in him to date? I'd prefer him to be fit and healthy in September as a genuine X factor player, rather than a great half of footy against the Cats before trudging off in pain - and risking his ongoing fitness and strength. We have plenty of firepower against the Cats (Fritter, JVR, Kozzie, Disco!, Petty - if he plays - and I think he will - at some point it will turn, etc), the key is the midfield lifting - and delivery! 

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, biggestred said:

This is our 5th HOME regular season game v geelong since 2009.

How else do you expect to give Geelong the required number of home games at Kardinia park while also ensuring Collingwood and Essendon never play there? If you've got any ideas, please send them to AFL house because they clearly need them.

23 minutes ago, whatwhat say what said:

hawkins to rearrange weitering's nose but get off an appeal, you mean

the good bloke defence

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, monoccular said:

Much as I detest the increase of gambling advertising in our game, your point is interesting to say the least.  
Most gamblers, I believe, bet with their heads not their hearts, and aren’t likely to often throw money after sentiment.without likelihood of return. 
Any gamblers here please correct me if this is too simplistic. 

Looking at the last couple of years we have won far more than we have lost.

it s percentage possibilities and probability.

pick the Dee’s. You win two out of 3,

11 minutes ago, Chook said:

How else do you expect to give Geelong the required number of home games at Kardinia park while also ensuring Collingwood and Essendon never play there? If you've got any ideas, please send them to AFL house because they clearly need them.

It's Geelong who put in the requests for who they play at the MCG.

They need a crowd of 70k to make what they can make off 45k at Taxpayer Park

Not sure what the answer is as only 4 of the ten Melbourne teams can guarantee that crowd and we're not one of them

48 minutes ago, Diamond_Jim said:

Wouldn't it make more sense to give him another week in VFL (assuming there is a game in the ****ty draw) and bring him in against Carlton if he is ready.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, La Dee-vina Comedia said:

Against Richmond, we had Langdon and ANB swapped a few times at centre bounces with Langdon starting at the nominal CHF position and ANB on the wing. I don't think I've seen that before, and, frankly, I'm not sure why we did it.

We needed speed forward to get some space and we also need to try different wing options in preparation for the Cats.

It’s also the first time we’ve seen Langdon move anywhere in 4 years. A miracle.

Excited to see Windsor have a go forward or back some time in 2027 too.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, SthSea22 said:

Throw him in i reckon

Woey was awful down back, Hunter will take his role due to skillset 

What skillset? Which part of Wednesday’s game indicated we need a plodder who can’t kick anything but up and under floaters at half back?

Hore has a far more useful skillset to free up Rivers, McVee and Howes if we are making changes. 

• Like 4

37 minutes ago, Chook said:

send essendon and collingwood and carlton (who play away to geelong tomorrow.... at the MCG) to geelong. thats the solution. 

• Clap 1

Just now, biggestred said:

send essendon and collingwood and carlton (who play away to geelong tomorrow.... at the MCG) to geelong. thats the solution. 

That makes no sense. How do we stop Collingwood and Essendon from playing at Kardinia Park by making them play at Kardinia Park?

Do you even hear yourself? You’re talking crazy. 

• Haha 1