• IMPORTANT: PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Posting unsubstantiated rumours on this website is strictly forbidden.

Demonland has made the difficult decision to not permit this platform to be used to discuss & debate the off-field issues relating to the Melbourne Football Club including matters currently being litigated between the Club & former Board members, board elections, the issue of illicit drugs in footy, the culture at the club & the personal issues & allegations against some of our players & officials ...

We do not take these issues & this decision lightly & of course we believe that these serious matters affecting the club we love & are so passionate about are worthy of discussion & debate & I wish we could provide a place where these matters can be discussed in a civil & respectful manner.

However these discussions unfortunately invariably devolve into areas that may be defamatory, libelous, spread unsubstantiated rumours & can effect the mental health of those involved. Even discussion & debate of known facts or media reports can lead to finger pointing, blame & personal attacks.

The repercussion is that these discussions can open this website, it’s owners & it’s users to legal action & may result in this website being forced to shutdown.

Our moderating team are all volunteers & cannot moderate the forum 24/7 & as a consequence problematic content that contravenes our rules & standards may go unnoticed for some time before it can be removed.

We reserve the right to delete posts that offend against our above policy & indeed, to ban posters who are repeat offenders or who breach our code of conduct.

WE HAVE BUILT A FANTASTIC ONLINE COMMUNITY AT DEMONLAND OVER THE PAST 23 YEARS & WE WOULD LIKE TO CONTINUE TO BE ABLE TO DISCUSS THE CLUB WE LOVE & ARE SO PASSIONATE ABOUT.

Thank you for your continued support & understanding. Go Dees.

2024 MRO & Tribunal

Demonland

The tribunal actually besmirched Lever’s character saying he is an expert at milking frees.

It would be amazingly  quick thinking for him to jerk his head back after hitting the ground. It all happened so fast he didn’t have time to use his free arm to break the fall.

Saligo threw his head back after Kozzie brushed his face. No- one said he was trying to draw a free.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Shocked 2

Christian and Gleeson (who was the AFL advocate at the Tribunal prior to being made its chair) have a vested interest in seeing Collingwood's competitors for the premiership be weakened and imv their bias has been shown at various times.  Port missing SPP for some key games.  We missed Kozzie for a key game. 

So how did Cameron get off a with a key game vs Cats this week ... maybe the AFL is concerned about some optics that @Ethan Tremblay didn't suggest in the post below. 

14 hours ago, Ethan Tremblay said:

Yeo and Butters cleared. Kozzie and Cameron suspended.. I’m not suggesting anything here. 

Blind freddy can see the potential for conflict of interest of the MRO and Chairman and the AFL should fix it - at least rotate the Chairman to someone who has no interest in the accused's team nor who they play in the following weeks.  Ditto the Tribunal panel.

Of course it won't!!

Edited by Lucifers Hero
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 1
  • Angry 1

9 minutes ago, Lucifers Hero said:

Christian and Gleeson (who was the AFL advocate at the Tribunal prior to being made its chair) have a vested interest in seeing Collingwood's competitors for the premiership be weakened and imv their bias has been shown at various times.  Port missing SPP for some key games.  We missed Kozzie for a key game. 

So how did Cameron get off a with a key game vs Cats this week ... maybe the AFL is concerned about some optics that @Ethan Tremblay didn't suggest in the post below. 

Blind freddy can see the potential for conflict of interest of the MRO and Chairman and the AFL should fix it - at least rotate the Chairman to someone who has no interest in the accused's team nor who they play in the following weeks.

Of course it won't!!

This, I think I don't think many would complain if both Gleeson and Christian were removed from their position. Gleeson far too much influence imo.

• Like 5

The tribunal continues to be a joke

If Lever gets brain issues later in life at least he know Cameron is a good bloke and played 200 games

staggering incompetence 

• Like 9

At least we don't have to guess and insinuate what we all know.

The system has proclaimed:

"All teams and players are equal, but some are more equal than others."

Well done, and like the drug debate, this reflects our wider community. 

• Like 5

11 hours ago, monoccular said:

No wonder there are those who see the AFL as a totally corrupt body, like the IOC, FIFA etc.  

They seem to be able to find special circumstances to suit their agenda at will

As others have said, I love footy and the MFC but I have nothing but contempt for the administrative body known as  the AFL. 

I used to watch maybe 4 or 5 games a weekend but really now only watch MFC, with occasional looks at Kayo minis of other games 

The world of pro sports is rotting all around the world. The same [censored] happens in other places like UEFA, NFL, NBA.

It is becoming a show biz first rather than sports. As many have said here, only the love for club makes us remain here.

• Like 2
  • Clap 2

Random thought - does the AFL have to follow any rules, or are they able to do whatever they like? There's no legislation regulating their decisions and we all continue to buy memberships, merchandise and go to games.

• Clap 1

Post on the Kozzie thread saying Cameron fined in 2017 for striking and 2020 for rough conduct and striking in 2021.

Tribunal said he had no prior suspensions. Didn't look at previous fines or incidents then.

3 previous incidents where he was found guilty and yet he is of such exceptional character, he is fined again, for medium impact which carries a suspension, when others would be suspended.

Edited by Redleg
  • Like 11
  • Love 1
  • Sad 1
  • Angry 1

35 minutes ago, Redleg said:

Tribunal said he had no prior suspensions. Didn't look at previous fines or incidents then.

It's clear they do whatever suits their interests. Want Lions to beat us, give Kossie a week. Want Lions to beat Geelong, get Charlie off. Maynard, Cripps, the list goes on.

• Like 4
  • Angry 3

I watched back to back under 10 girls and under 11 boys games in the SMJFL on Sunday. There were two serious concussions requiring hospitalisation in these games resulting from tackles that were remarkably similar to the Cameron tackle on Lever. If this is what the AFL is prepared to accept in their game, they need to be prepared for numbers of junior players to decrease significantly in coming years.

• Thanks 1
  • Clap 1
  • Shocked 2
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, Clintosaurus said:

Random thought - does the AFL have to follow any rules, or are they able to do whatever they like? There's no legislation regulating their decisions and we all continue to buy memberships, merchandise and go to games.

The rules are all malleable for HQ where the almighty dollar and their preferred outcomes / agenda take precedence

Edited by Demon Dynasty
  • Like 1
  • Clap 2

Surely the AFL is playing a dangerous game of cynically relying on peoples loyalty to their Clubs for continued support while they insult the same people with their farcical management, zeal for woke agendas and contentment of allowing an uneven/unfair competition.

The game is in disarray despite being told otherwise. 
Cameron, Butters,Pendlebury, score review farce, Goal umpires who appear to have no idea, COI crypto currency advertising, Concussion, the bump, standard of umpiring, Gather Round, Finlayson, pushing woke causes, and that’s just in the last couple of weeks.

Similar rubbish has been going on back to the days of Demetriou.

If it wasn’t for the MFC being a big part of my life for 6 decades, I wouldn’t have anything to do with the rotten AFL.

Edited by Abyssal
  • Like 6
  • Clap 4

1 hour ago, poita said:

I watched back to back under 10 girls and under 11 boys games in the SMJFL on Sunday. There were two serious concussions requiring hospitalisation in these games resulting from tackles that were remarkably similar to the Cameron tackle on Lever. If this is what the AFL is prepared to accept in their game, they need to be prepared for numbers of junior players to decrease significantly in coming years.

That is bad I hope they are ok

4 hours ago, Lucifers Hero said:

Blind freddy can see the potential for conflict of interest of the MRO and Chairman and the AFL should fix it - at least rotate the Chairman to someone who has no interest in the accused's team nor who they play in the following weeks.  Ditto the Tribunal panel.

Of course it won't!!

Except that Port play Pies and Butters out would have helped Pies.

I dont like charlie have seen him do some off the ball stuff in his early years .Now the dislike grows as he gets a free pass .So AFL says ok kids do what you like your a good kid with no prior record take a free pass and I will meet your dad over at the pub a drink

2 minutes ago, forever demons said:

I dont like charlie have seen him do some off the ball stuff in his early years .Now the dislike grows as he gets a free pass .So AFL says ok kids do what you like your a good kid with no prior record take a free pass and I will meet your dad over at the pub a drink

But he had 3 priors, 2 for striking, just no suspensions.

• Angry 1

I didn't think the Tribunal could surprise me anymore.

I was wrong.

In a long and sad history of them, this may well be the most manifestly unfair and illogical decision the Tribunal has ever made.

Put to one side the fact that Cameron has had a number of previous fines - remembering that the AFL says a fine is a genuine punishment, because an intentional strike to someone's gut is "punished" with a fine.

Even if he genuinely had never been suspended before, that should be almost entirely irrelevant, and particularly when discussing head high contact from an action such as a sling/dump tackle where the AFL has had significant focus of late.

We are now going to see repeated Tribunal headings convened by players who haven't been previously suspended, who say "well if Charlie only got a fine, what about me?". 

It's a circular argument and one which no one out there, except presumably Brisbane supporters, should stomach.

(PS: this has nothing at all to do with the fact that the victim of the tackle was a Melbourne player. That's irrelevant too, and I do not at all buy into the conspiracy theories. This isn't a conspiracy, it's incompetence).

• Like 5
  • Clap 2

2 hours ago, Demon Dynasty said:

The rules are all malleable for HQ where the almighty dollar and their preferred outcomes / agenda take precedence

AFL House the puppet master.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Abyssal said:

Surely the AFL is playing a dangerous game of cynically relying on peoples loyalty to their Clubs for continued support while they insult the same people with their farcical management, zeal for woke agendas and contentment of allowing an uneven/unfair competition.

This is incredibly true, and I think the AFL is relying heavily on the older generation of supporters. But for younger fans, I think the lack of transparency and clear corruption is going to wear thin.

We are also in an era where media saturation is at an all time high, and we all have an ability to voice our opinion on every decision made by the AFL. That means the AFL can't simply sweep things under the carpet and hope the fans will forget.

A lot of younger people will be turned off the game if they don't see any integrity at the top level, especially if they support a club that is not consistently rewarded with "the rule don't apply here" magic.

It is beyond disgraceful that we could not even bring in an expert witness last week to defend Kosi, but Cameron can bring in two character witnesses. 

• Like 6
  • Clap 1

4 hours ago, Jumping Jack Clennett said:

The tribunal actually besmirched Lever’s character saying he is an expert at milking frees.

It would be amazingly  quick thinking for him to jerk his head back after hitting the ground. It all happened so fast he didn’t have time to use his free arm to break the fall.

Saligo threw his head back after Kozzie brushed his face. No- one said he was trying to draw a free.

I have reduced the amount of media content I read, listen to or watch in recent years. Far too many morons and sensationalists. One of the few I still watched or listened to, had been Garry Lyon. Not that I agree with everything he said, but I mostly I have, until.....

Listening to a replay of the SEN breakfast show this morning (avoiding the 70 mins of ads) I had to turn off.

Like everyone I've heard comment on the tribunal outcome, he thinks it's a joke. That's a no brainer. However, like some others, he believed Lever milked it. He then went on to say, he believes the AFL should call Lever to tell him, that's not on.  Furthermore, he said Lever should be told that if he repeats that action, he himself, risks suspension.  

Lever's head HIT the ground! It will be of no surprise to people here that I have hit my head hundreds of times. The reaction each time was to reel my head in the opposite direction of impact. It's a natural human response. 

Throwing your head back and raising your arm (which causes head contact) to win a free kick is a blight and a dangerous aspect of our game that needs penalising. 

I would love the club to call out Lyon, Buckley, Dunkley, tribunal advocates  and any others that are victim blaming here and defend their player.

I would also love the club to challenge the AFL on the difference about what is said and what is done is relation to players health and safety. 

• Like 3

25 minutes ago, Jaded No More said:

This is incredibly true, and I think the AFL is relying heavily on the older generation of supporters. But for younger fans, I think the lack of transparency and clear corruption is going to wear thin.

We are also in an era where media saturation is at an all time high, and we all have an ability to voice our opinion on every decision made by the AFL. That means the AFL can't simply sweep things under the carpet and hope the fans will forget.

A lot of younger people will be turned off the game if they don't see any integrity at the top level, especially if they support a club that is not consistently rewarded with "the rule don't apply here" magic.

It is beyond disgraceful that we could not even bring in an expert witness last week to defend Kosi, but Cameron can bring in two character witnesses. 

I don't understand how the MRO and tribunal are made to be a litigation court. It should be very straightforward, just hand the punishment and stop giving leeway to appeal.