PREGAME: Rd 12 vs Carlton

Demonland

12 minutes ago, Redleg said:

You have obviously never heard or seen the Doobie Brothers, who are the greatest band ever. Steely Dan the best studio band ever.

Getting back to the thread, I would love a smashing of Carlton and see the in fighting start in earnest.

Heard of them… don’t like them. Each to their own, right? 😁

Anyways, funniest thing about that match vs Carlton was them chipping the ball around, running the clock down coz for all the world they’d beaten us. 🤣

• Like 1

1 minute ago, WalkingCivilWar said:

Heard of them… don’t like them. Each to their own, right? 😁

Anyways, funniest thing about that match vs Carlton was them chipping the ball around, running the clock down coz for all the world they’d beaten us. 🤣

The look of despondent incredulousness that befell to the smug scummies .... priceless. Made the win doubly special.

Had there been a roof over the ground it would have lifted with that roar :)

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, beelzebub said:

The look of despondent incredulousness that befell to the smug scummies .... priceless. Made the win doubly special.

Had there been a roof over the ground it would have lifted with that roar :)

I actually don’t remember it, not vividly anyways. But there’s always pics and vids being taking in and of the cheer squad and according to those I was momentarily catatonic. What I do remember is waking the next morning covered in bruises. Lots of bruises: mainly on my legs but a worrying number of bruises on my upper arms and rib-cage! Those hard plastic seats at the ‘G are unforgiving when a bunch of ordinarily psychotic people kick it up a notch. I shudder to think of the injuries inflicted should we ever win a premiership in a nail-biter.

😬

But it’d be worth EVERY. SINGLE. BRUISE. 
I could be six months in hospital in a full body-cast and it’d still be worth it. 

• Like 1

Cripps will be fired up for this game after he was falsely accused on not staying in the team hotel in Sydney.  Not to mention the self-inflicted grief being poured on his club and the questioning of his captaincy. 

Hopefully, someone 'minds' him and runs him ragged to test that injured ankle.

Cerra is a big win for them.  With all their midfield outs he will return to play there which is where he plays his best.

Question is will our midfield be switched on or will our ruck dominance be 'wasted'?

Even with all their outs they will do some damage. 

MFCSS is preparing me for an upset...

• Like 5
  • Thinking 1
  • Sad 1

26 minutes ago, Lucifers Hero said:

Cripps will be fired up for this game after he was falsely accused on not staying in the team hotel in Sydney.  Not to mention the self-inflicted grief being poured on his club and the questioning of his captaincy. 

Cerra is a big win for them.  With all their midfield outs he will return to play there which is where he plays his best.

Question is will our midfield be switched on or will our ruck dominance be 'wasted'?

Im not confident our Brains Trust will impose a tag  on Cripps... they passed up doing similarly on an on-fire Butters .

They'll just back our Brand ;) 

W̶o̶r̶k̶s̶ W̶e̶l̶l̶

1 hour ago, Lucifers Hero said:

That post was made before we lost to Freo.

Nonetheleess, the downbeat mood continued albeit with less intensity.  Our loss to Freo gave them some encouragement.  I'm waiting to see if it improves further after the Cerra decision and then post the 'What They Are Saying @ ...' thread; probably tomorrow.

Awesome to have you back, Luci! Hope you enjoyed the break. While @Queanbeyan Demon did a fantastic job with “What They Are Saying At…” it’s always great to have you around. 💖

• Like 1
  • Love 2

7 minutes ago, beelzebub said:

Im not confident our Brains Trust will impose a tag  on Cripps... they passed up doing similarly on an on-fire Butters .

They'll just back our Brand ;) 

W̶o̶r̶k̶s̶ W̶e̶l̶l̶

Wasn't thinking a tag per se.  Just enough 'minding' to nullify him at stoppages and run him ragged - he can't run at the best of times.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, WalkingCivilWar said:

Awesome to have you back, Luci! Hope you enjoyed the break. While @Queanbeyan Demon did a fantastic job with “What They Are Saying At…” it’s always great to have you around. 💖

Thanks.

Bit of a shock leaving the sunny 22 degree Gold Coast yesterday and be back in cold Melbourne last night.

What was also a shock is that I missed the turnoff to Beach Road and ended up on freeways.  Unfortunately, the navigation system on my new car doesn't have its co-ordinates set properly and told me to exit after I had passed the exits!  Then it took me thru' side streets I didn't know.  One was a tiny group of shops and when bright lights flashed I new it was a speeding camera.  Not knowing the area I had slowed but it was a  40 kph zone, with poorly located, unlit signs.  Firmly convinced the camera was set up as a revenue earner.  Not happy!!

Edited by Lucifers Hero
  • Sad 2

1 minute ago, Lucifers Hero said:

Wasn't thinking a tag per se.  Just enough 'minding' to nullify him at stoppages and run him ragged - he can't run at the best of times.

Not thinking stoppages are our forte currently.  Not entirely sure what is actually. 

Im sure we'll just do our thang ;)

38 minutes ago, Lucifers Hero said:

More worried about Mckay kicking straight one of these weeks. Broken clock and all.  

re Cerra. He has 8 goals and 9 goal assists in 29 games with CFC.  He is primary a uncontested midfielder who yet cant impact the scorebaord. He is a decent part of the reason they are struggling imo.  They paid well overs. 

• Like 3
  • Thinking 1

3 minutes ago, Jjrogan said:

More worried about Mckay kicking straight one of these weeks. Broken clock and all. 

re Cerra. He has 8 goals and 9 goal assists in 29 games with CFC.  He is primary a uncontested midfielder who yet cant impact the scorebaord. He is a decent part of the reason they are struggling imo.  They paid well overs.

Yeah, Harry will find his range soon - just hope it isn't this week!!

I wasn't thinking goals from Cerra.  His outside, uncontested work is what makes him so valuable as a distributor from the stoppages.

Edited by Lucifers Hero
  • Like 1

THIS

9 minutes ago, Lucifers Hero said:

I wasn't thinking goals.  His outside, uncontested work is what makes him so valuable as a distributor from the stoppages.

Yep... we're getting ragged at centre clearances often because the opposing team can behind us and link clear quickly..i.e they're playing to our rucks better than we often do. Crazy really.

We cant afford to give Cripps any leeway or he'll be ramming it down McKays gob quicker than you can scream ( your colloquial invective of choice )

Rain 90% friday evening.

Marvee

• Vomit 1

3 minutes ago, beelzebub said:

Rain 90% friday evening.

Marvee

BOM says it might just be a little shower...

image.png.3446cf2818ba1c3860e1e7fef4bf321d.png

21 minutes ago, Lucifers Hero said:

BOM says it might just be a little shower...

image.png.3446cf2818ba1c3860e1e7fef4bf321d.png

Weatherzone has cbd as 90 % showers in evening 🤷🤷🤔

1 hour ago, Katrina Dee Fan said:

I still bear scars from that horrible outcome

I was at the 1987 PF too. Yes, it was so, so bad. I woke up the next morning hoping it had been a bad dream.

Having said that, it didn't cost us a flag. We would have been thumped in the GF the following week by (coincidentally) Carlton.

• Like 2

Am assuming that May will go to McKay, which may be a waste, but will make sure that he doesn't get off the chain / break loose.

The question then is who goes to Curnow?  I don't think Lever can go with him athletically, so maybe Hibbo?  Gives up height, but can run and has enough strength to compete?

Im not too worried about their midfield, I think we have the advantage there, particularly with our rucks.

The big issue will be our forwards; we should be able to create more space for targets, but can they take marks and convert, or will it be back to the backyard sprinkler?

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, D Rev said:

Am assuming that May will go to McKay, which may be a waste, but will make sure that he doesn't get off the chain / break loose.

The question then is who goes to Curnow?  I don't think Lever can go with him athletically, so maybe Hibbo?  Gives up height, but can run and has enough strength to compete?

Im not too worried about their midfield, I think we have the advantage there, particularly with our rucks.

The big issue will be our forwards; we should be able to create more space for targets, but can they take marks and convert, or will it be back to the backyard sprinkler?

We need to bring in another tall, possibly Tomlinson. (Why do peeps call him Thommo? There's no 'h' in his name, and it can't even be justified on a phonetic* basis!! Sorry.)

If not him, then I guess it's Schache or Smith. No way Lever should play on McKay or Curnow. 

*Isn't it ironic that the word 'phonetic' is not spelt phonetically? It should be spelt 'fonetic' ? 

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

3 hours ago, Lucifers Hero said:

Thanks.

Bit of a shock leaving the sunny 22 degree Gold Coast yesterday and be back in cold Melbourne last night.

What was also a shock is that I missed the turnoff to Beach Road and ended up on freeways.  Unfortunately, the navigation system on my new car doesn't have its co-ordinates set properly and told me to exit after I had passed the exits!  Then it took me thru' side streets I didn't know.  One was a tiny group of shops and when bright lights flashed I new it was a speeding camera.  Not knowing the area I had slowed but it was a  40 kph zone, with poorly located, unlit signs.  Firmly convinced the camera was set up as a revenue earner.  Not happy!!

Welcome back to the cold Luci!

• Haha 1

I really, really hope we can put some scoreboard distance between us and them early and hopefully keep them at arms reach thereafter. I don’t want another game where they’re still in with a sniff going into the last quarter. 

• Like 4