What they are saying at Lathlain Park

Lucifers Hero

On 4/5/2023 at 4:13 PM, dl4e said:

We lost to Fitzroy in rd 17 1979 by 190 points. I will never forget the trip home from Waverly. Devastating.

I forgot about that.

Happy for a good win this week.

On 4/5/2023 at 4:10 PM, La Dee-vina Comedia said:

Would it be OK to ask for a 191 point winning margin? It's embarrassing to have to point out that 186 is not our greatest losing margin ever. That (dis)honour belongs to the Melbourne team beaten by Fitzroy by 190 points in 1979. Final scores were Melbourne 6.12 48 to Fitzroy 36.22 238. 

We can ask but it is a bit early for Santa...😢

Yes, very sad that we hold the dubious honour of the two biggest losing margins...

This week I wish for a good game, bank the 4 points and have no injuries.

• Like 4

On 4/5/2023 at 4:04 PM, Mazer Rackham said:

Here are some things these delightful people said on reddit a couple of days ago:

• Melbourne were dog[censored] in 2019 after we demolished them in the 2018 prelim

• God what a [censored] day that was, was almost as good as winning the grand final. I just remember all the media saying Melbourne were the favourites, they were so desperate for it to be melbournes year and for us, the team predicted to not even make finals, to absolutely blow them out of the water was just chefs kiss

• It was also made more delicious by them wanting to be able to beam in video of Melbourne supporters to negate our home crowd advantage. In retrospect I kind of wish they went ahead with it

A nasty lot at Reddit, eh? 

That is why they are on my 'dance on grave' list.  I recall when they beat us in 2019 the players sang their song with a nasty insult to us at the start.  Its one thing for fans to be nasty but the players... 

They deserve all that they are going thru.  It is looking like they were satisfied with their premiership and it has all gone downhill since.

From bigfooy:

image.png.84826bb710cf5e5765ecea9186ff200e.png

• Like 3
  • Haha 5

Not a lot new to add from bigfooty:

• Yeo to be named on the extended bench to keep Melbourne guessing for a day, but to play WAFL
  • It'll probably be a 10 to 15 goal hiding so I don't think there's any point rushing older blokes back in…
  • These young blokes need to see first hand a hardened and seriously fit team go at it.
  • Naitanui to be a surprise inclusion this week.  You heard it here first.
    • If only just to stand there and help avoid giving away 6/6/6 free kicks
  • There is a positive, this season will be impacted but for the long term we can focus on list building and testing players.
  • Common sense says I should be thoroughly [censored] off with our turn of fortune on the weekend but surprisingly, I'm not. Our young fellas show promise and there's still a bunch yet to debut, so the future looks bright.
  • For those piling s*it on the medical and S and C staff, grow up and and channel your anger and disappointment in some other manner. Take off your poo-coloured glasses and take solace in the fact that we would have beaten the Dockers last Sunday if we hadn't lucked out. Bring on Melbourne and hope for a good showing, it ain't gonna be easy but that's the way it should be!
  • Ginbey on some loser called Viney
    • Jesus christ, Viney weighs as much most big bodied midfielders and yet +10cm shorter than em
  • Have an advert keep popping up on Facebook, video from the eagles advertising upcoming game, featuring, all the blokes who won’t be playing 😕
  • think we can win this one now Brown is out. I don't mind the look of the team other than the HFF. We're going to need our tall forwards to kick us to victory.
  • Yep, Brown the only thing holding WCE back from defeating Melbourne.

My favourite:

Hawks may have some competition for #1 pick in the draft:

• Tanktical™ Match Committee

We will win!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

The Eagles are the most obnoxious supporter base in the league. They have no redeeming features. We should pile as much misery on this lot, as we can on Sunday.

We have to prepare properly, have the right attitude etc. i'm taking nothing for granted, but a 100+ win over there would be sweet as. And I'd love to see the camera pan across the crowd to see the Eagles fans lose their collective minds as we pants them. that would be icing on the cake.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 3
  • Clap 1

3 hours ago, Lucifers Hero said:

• think we can win this one now Brown is out. I don't mind the look of the team other than the HFF. We're going to need our tall forwards to kick us to victory.
  • Yep, Brown the only thing holding WCE back from defeating Melbourne.

This made me laugh so hard 😂

• Haha 3

Goody is big on respecting the competition and our opposition, but I hope he’s also big on ensuring we send a message to the league that we’re ruthless and will stand on the throats of weakened opposition. Bring your absolute best against us or fear the consequences.

• Like 6
  • Love 3

A look at some of the sportsmen who returned fire to abusive fans

I'm anticipating a game that is basically a three-hour interpretive dance performance of this moment.

In this world there are few purer joys than obnoxious full of themselves gits making a trip to the emergency cotton toilet when they come face to face with the real thing.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Objectively we should belt West Coast into oblivion given the talent level of the two sides in 2023 and then given West Coast are missing a stack of first-choice players.

But wins should never be taken for granted, and who knows whether West Coast's fringe players will approach the game differently to the injured veterans who are perhaps harder to get to transition to a more 2023 appropriate style of football.

• Like 4

2 hours ago, Little Goffy said:

A look at some of the sportsmen who returned fire to abusive fans

I'm anticipating a game that is basically a three-hour interpretive dance performance of this moment.

In this world there are few purer joys than obnoxious full of themselves gits making a trip to the emergency cotton toilet when they come face to face with the real thing.

Interpretive dance is so underrated.

• Haha 2

19 hours ago, Rab D Nesbitt said:

You played for the Jags! Was the legendary John Lambie managing them at the time? Or Chic Charnley playing for them?

Yes Lambie was manager, Chic Charnley and Gordon Rae were the elder statesmen in the side, with Declan Roche the big money signing from Celtic also there

• Love 1

9 hours ago, BDA said:

And I'd love to see the camera pan across the crowd to see the Eagles fans lose their collective minds as we pants them. that would be icing on the cake.

And me on the wing, level 3, enjoying that misery. Hopefully I'll be enjoying it on behalf of everyone else stuck over east! :D

Edited by deva5610
  • Like 5
  • Love 1
  • Clap 1

What a red banner this weekend should be

sunday morning watch kids finding eggs

masters in background hopefully with jday or Scott or smiff chasing green jackets

Easter bike ride

watch the dees hopefully win by 200

red wine

paris roubaix

Sleep (or stay awake)

masters

cafe breakfast at home with kids

laugh at west coast’s ineptitude 

epic

this may not age well

• Like 6
  • Haha 6
  • Clap 1

On 4/5/2023 at 11:18 PM, Phil C said:

I remember listening to a game on the radio when we lost to WCE by 100 points, maybe around 2013-15, and we were so bad that I almost wanted them to lose by 100 for some weird, sick reason! God we were in the absolute depths back then. I’d love to win by 100 for some belated revenge. 

i remember round 2 2014. Roos' second game. We basically gave up.

• Like 1

On 4/6/2023 at 9:10 AM, Katrina Dee Fan said:

Or even before that, Chris Lewis biting Todd Viney. And them still defending it.  I have a long memory.  In so many ways it was far worse than their defending Andrew Gaff's punching Andrew Brayshaw.  It's why I don't understand why some Demonlanders hate Freo more than West Coast - WCE supporters are the Collingwood of the west.  I think it's why it hurt when Hunt went to WCE. 

I think you'll find Lewis bit Viney because he was being racially vilified. Whilst biting is a low act the words used against indigenous footballers continually reached new lows until not so long ago.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1