PRE-GAME: Match SIM vs St. Kilda

pineapple dee

17 hours ago, Gawndy the Great said:

Doubt the game will go ahead as planned with that forecast. 

Or as an alternative they may keep the 4pm start but strip it back to 4x 20 minutes quarters with no time on.

Playing 6 periods of footy in potentially the high 30's would have to be pushing the boundaries of OH&S for the players and umpires.

• Like 2

45 minutes ago, poita said:

They play AFLW games there at night, but I agree that the lighting must be at the lower end of what is acceptable.

I should have said 6-7 light towers :) but i think most got the point. 

1 hour ago, Bring-Back-Powell said:

Or as an alternative they may keep the 4pm start but strip it back to 4x 20 minutes quarters with no time on.

Playing 6 periods of footy in potentially the high 30's would have to be pushing the boundaries of OH&S for the players and umpires.

i reckon it might be 3 quarters of afl side and 3 quarters of vfl side. probably without time-on now. I remember Burgess saying training in the heat was good a stressor on the team - obviously need to be careful we dont red-line and get heat stroke. 

• Like 3

15 minutes ago, Lil_red_fire_engine said:

This also answers @cantstandyasam’s question about an admission fee, ie. entry is free to all. 

• Like 2

On 2/19/2023 at 2:45 PM, george_on_the_outer said:

Good to see them featuring Max King who won't be playing for the first 4-5 rounds!

And no Membrey, so that's another player who always kicks a bag against us.

Will be almost a pointless exercise for us, and with the expected heat, why would you bother?  Still it will give the Aints fans plenty of excuses......

I was about to ask - what do we know about how their pre season has gone? 

6 hours ago, Lil_red_fire_engine said:

The description is very ambiguous. Do they mean that the games will be divided over Kayo and Foxtel, or all games shown on both? I suspect that it is the former, as on checking the Foxtel guide, only the Syd v Bris and Freo v Adel are appearing as live games.

If that is indeed the case, then unless you have Kayo, which we don’t, then you miss out on the live coverage. Is there any chance these streams could be shown over the AFL app, or will there be any radio broadcast (eg, Casey radio)?

And what the hell is it with the Geelong v Hawthorn practice match… 8x30 min quarters PLUS time on!!! That could end up being 4hrs 40mins of playing time!!

4 minutes ago, hardtack said:

The description is very ambiguous. Do they mean that the games will be divided over Kayo and Foxtel, or all games shown on both? I suspect that it is the former, as on checking the Foxtel guide, only the Syd v Bris and Freo v Adel are appearing as live games.

If that is indeed the case, then unless you have Kayo, which we don’t, then you miss out on the live coverage. Is there any chance these streams could be shown over the AFL app, or will there be any radio broadcast (eg, Casey radio)?

I was thinking the same thing hardback. They use 'streamed' for Kayo and 'broadcast' for Foxtel. I am hoping it still means we can see it live on Fox. I read it as a huge marketing push for new Kayo customers. Time will tell. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Palace Dees said:

They use 'streamed' for Kayo and 'broadcast' for Foxtel.

I thought the same, but my son pointed out that Kayo is a streaming app, whereas Foxtel is a dedicated broadcast service. To me, that makes sense.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, fr_ap said:

I was about to ask - what do we know about how their pre season has gone? 

Dear fr-ap

After your further negative comments about some of our players ( JVR and other Casey premiership players) I trust that as all you did was "write them off" as potential improvements for our 2023 team on the basis of your assessment ( underwhelming to say the least) I hope you attend this game  to update your 2023 knowledge on their IMPROVeMENT as described by absolute majority of our very dedicated and knowledgeable track watchers since the start of pre season back in November. 

Oh and we have Grundy Hunter and Schache all of whom will bring their 2019 form with no improvement either to contribute to our generally acknowledged better list in 2023 by most fans and journos assessing AFL 2023.

I hope you are presently surprised and really who cares whether the Saints  have improved or gone backwards in 2023. They won't be in the top4 fighting for a 14th Flag come September unless Ross the Boss performs a modern miracle with their prolific list of B and C graders who play with Steele Gresham and King when he is available. 

Go Dees in 2023. 

With the exception of a few hundred who live close to linton street I don't expect many Dees supporters to turn up  to a late afternoon match in 34 degrees. Seems like cruel and unusual punishment to ask players to play a winter game in the conditions expected for Friday. I think there will be more for the Casey games against the Tigers. 

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, old dee said:

With the exception of a few hundred who live close to linton street I don't expect many Dees supporters to turn up  to a late afternoon match in 34 degrees. Seems like cruel and unusual punishment to ask players to play a winter game in the conditions expected for Friday. I think there will be more for the Casey games against the Tigers. 

Ill be there!

1 hour ago, old dee said:

The start time is not ideal for the 99% of supporters who have to work for a living 😐

• Like 1
  • Love 1

On 2/17/2023 at 3:22 PM, Demonstone said:

I don't even know what an RSEA is, but I've always imagined it pronounced to rhyme with "classy".

Where is RSEA park or stadium whatever ?

3 hours ago, 58er said:

Dear fr-ap

After your further negative comments about some of our players ( JVR and other Casey premiership players) I trust that as all you did was "write them off" as potential improvements for our 2023 team on the basis of your assessment ( underwhelming to say the least) I hope you attend this game  to update your 2023 knowledge on their IMPROVeMENT as described by absolute majority of our very dedicated and knowledgeable track watchers since the start of pre season back in November. 

Oh and we have Grundy Hunter and Schache all of whom will bring their 2019 form with no improvement either to contribute to our generally acknowledged better list in 2023 by most fans and journos assessing AFL 2023.

I hope you are presently surprised and really who cares whether the Saints  have improved or gone backwards in 2023. They won't be in the top4 fighting for a 14th Flag come September unless Ross the Boss performs a modern miracle with their prolific list of B and C graders who play with Steele Gresham and King when he is available. 

Go Dees in 2023. 

Sorry mate I'm not sure I follow - what negative comments? 

I've in general only ever been bullish on JVR & as for Casey, I was one of those who criticised the club/coaches for not playing our strong VFL players like Chandler in the 1sts more last year. Do you have me confused with someone else?  

• Clap 1

16 hours ago, hardtack said:

It is scheduled to be shown live on Fox Footy (in Victoria):

image.png.5e4b8b451e43ecd368e6e09ade42d3fa.png

• Thanks 2