2023 Injury List

Demonland

1 minute ago, Dee Zephyr said:

This isn’t true Jaded. T Mac was starting to hit some very good form when he came back into the team  after his omission last year. He came back in for R7 and got hurt in R10. In those 3 and a bit games he kicked 11.7.

You're right, he was in ok form, but in those rounds we played Hawks, Saints and West Coast and were also on a 10 game winning streak. I think his performance was helped by the opposition and how well we were travelling. We also had Ben Brown there so the need to rush him back was not as great.

• Like 2

Not really related to the injury, but given what we have seen with Petty and JVR forward should we be targeting a key defender in the off season?

I personally would look at getting a key tall to play alongside May & Lever and leave Petty as a key forward.

• Like 6

2 minutes ago, DistrACTION Jackson said:

Not really related to the injury, but given what we have seen with Petty and JVR forward should we be targeting a key defender in the off season?

I personally would look at getting a key tall to play alongside May & Lever and leave Petty as a key forward.

It depends how well they feel Adams is coming along, but I would say yes.

We also have Jefferson coming along nicely up forward at Casey, so I would hope we target another tall defender.

No doubt we will if Tomlinson leaves, plus Hibbo retires, and May is not exactly a spring chicken either. 

• Like 1
  • Thinking 1

4 minutes ago, Gawndy the Great said:

If i have understood my anatomy the lisfranc ligament is part of the midfoot, so it is possible that both sources are correct. 

Hope they have learnt from Oliver's media coverage not to muck around with mixed messages again.

I think that might have been more to do with Oliver than any messaging strategy

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Webber said:

As a dweeby aside, the Lisfranc injury is named after Napoleon’s cavalry head honcho, Générale Lisfranc, who reported the injury occurring commonly to soldiers who were knocked off their horse, only to have a foot locked in the stirrup in forced plantarflexion

I live for this kind of information. I’ll be at a pub quiz in 2029, this will be a question, and the entire pub will be in awe of the stupid [censored] I know. Thanks @Webber. Love it

• Haha 8

2 hours ago, Webber said:

Yep. The bone that allows up and down movement of the foot (at the ankle) is the Talus, kind of a cubic shaped bone with an articulating dome. That dome is ‘clasped’ on either side by the fibula and the tibia (the two lower leg bones). That clasp is held together by ligaments, i.e. they join the tib and fib together. That’s called a syndesmosis. To say that someone’s got a syndesmosis injury (and it sh**s me blind when they don’t say ‘injury’) means that join has been disrupted, thus the ankle becomes unstable (the ‘clasp’ runs from totally impatent to insecure). Depending on severity, means time off in reduced weight-bearing or at worst, surgery (to resecure the clasp). 

Thanks Webber.

A Lisfranc foot injury is, or can be worse, is that right?

PS:  Can’t you blokes design a more durable body?

• Haha 3

6 minutes ago, Wizza said:

So annoying, especially as it was a result of a poorly executed 15 metre pass to a leading Petty.

There is no point thinking like that. We play a contact sport. He could have done this injury from a bullet pass that lands on his chest and McKay falls on him trying to defend it and his foot is caught underneath.

He did a similar injury going for a mark against the Hawks.

• Like 10
  • Clap 4

11 minutes ago, Wizza said:

So annoying, especially as it was a result of a poorly executed 15 metre pass to a leading Petty.

We SOOO need an eye-roll emoji. 
🙄🙄🙄🙄🙄🙄🙄🙄🙄🙄🙄

• Like 8
  • Clap 5

5 minutes ago, Jaded No More said:

There is no point thinking like that. We play a contact sport. He could have done this injury from a bullet pass that lands on his chest and McKay falls on him trying to defend it and his foot is caught underneath.

He did a similar injury going for a mark against the Hawks.

Seriously what are the chances of it happening twice with the span of a couple of games for Petty. I mean FFS!

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Gawndy the Great said:

Seriously what are the chances of it happening twice with the span of a couple of games for Petty. I mean FFS!

Now this, this I can [censored] and moan about.

Absolute rubbish luck. 0 stars.

• Sad 1

1 minute ago, djr said:

Looking at the footage it appears that he also lost his footing. The ground surface was appalling. It was not afl standard..

I can vouch for that. While I didn’t play a game of footy on it, I know the turf was schiit since several of our banner crew slipped and/or tripped. And it wasn’t our regulation klutzes (for example me), it was those who can boast that until yesterday their arzes rarely come into contact with the turf. 😁

• Like 5
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 4

3 hours ago, Webber said:

As a dweeby aside, the Lisfranc injury is named after Napoleon’s cavalry head honcho, Générale Lisfranc, who reported the injury occurring commonly to soldiers who were knocked off their horse, only to have a foot locked in the stirrup in forced plantarflexion. Ouchy. Too much nerdy-know? Not if you want to win your next pub trivia night! 

Can we blame The French?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 5
  • Clap 3

16 minutes ago, djr said:

Looking at the footage it appears that he also lost his footing. The ground surface was appalling. It was not afl standard..

Maybe that is why Gill in his infinite wisdom has decreed that a billion or two needs to be spent by Tasmania to have a team there.  
Meanwhile we get sent there, and to Geelong, every / most years whilst CFCx2, EFC, RFC don’t.  Such is the depth of corruption of this competition. 

• Like 2

Edmund just said on SEN it’s a lisfranc but time on the sidelines unknown. Club trying to find out how long he will be out. 

Gives opportunity for someone else to step up. Sometimes in this situation the player coming in plays like it’s their last chance so could work (hopefully) in our favour in a bad situation. 

Time will tell. 

• Like 3

9 minutes ago, DemonOX said:

Edmund just said on SEN it’s a lisfranc but time on the sidelines unknown. Club trying to find out how long he will be out. 

Gives opportunity for someone else to step up. Sometimes in this situation the player coming in plays like it’s their last chance so could work (hopefully) in our favour in a bad situation. 

Time will tell. 

Danny > Edmund

• Like 4

7 minutes ago, monoccular said:

Maybe that is why Gill in his infinite wisdom has decreed that a billion or two needs to be spent by Tasmania to have a team there.  
Meanwhile we get sent there, and to Geelong, every / most years whilst CFCx2, EFC, RFC don’t.  Such is the depth of corruption of this competition. 

Don’t worry, after the first year or two they won’t send the big clubs to the new stadium either. The roof that will or won’t be built (even if clear) combined with the stadium being built on a wharf will no doubt see it be a Docklands/Perth stadium disaster style surface. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

57 minutes ago, The heart beats true said:

I live for this kind of information. I’ll be at a pub quiz in 2029, this will be a question, and the entire pub will be in awe of the stupid [censored] I know. Thanks @Webber. Love it

Sparrow made a mistake in a game of footy.

Key player in Bang. Bang. Bang!

Best 90 seconds of footy I’ve seen in 59 years. 

Some forget quickly. 

• Like 10
  • Clap 1