Jump to content

  • IMPORTANT: PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

    Demonland has made the difficult decision to not permit this platform to be used to discuss & debate the off-field issues relating to the Melbourne Football Club including matters currently being litigated between the Club & former Board members, board elections, the culture at the club & the personal issues & allegations against some of our players & officials ...

    We do not take these issues & this decision lightly & of course we believe that these serious matters affecting the club we love & are so passionate about are worthy of discussion & debate & I wish we could provide a place where these matters can be discussed in a civil & respectful manner.

    However these discussions unfortunately invariably devolve into areas that may be defamatory, libelous, spread unsubstantiated rumours & can effect the mental health of those involved. Even discussion & debate of known facts or media reports can lead to finger pointing, blame & personal attacks.

    The repercussion is that these discussions can open this website, it’s owners & it’s users to legal action & may result in this website being forced to shutdown.

    Our moderating team are all volunteers & cannot moderate the forum 24/7 & as a consequence problematic content that contravenes our rules & standards may go unnoticed for some time before it can be removed.

    We reserve the right to delete posts that offend against our above policy & indeed, to ban posters who are repeat offenders or who breach our code of conduct.

    WE HAVE BUILT A FANTASTIC ONLINE COMMUNITY AT DEMONLAND OVER THE PAST 23 YEARS & WE WOULD LIKE TO CONTINUE TO BE ABLE TO DISCUSS THE CLUB WE LOVE & ARE SO PASSIONATE ABOUT.

    Thank you for your continued support & understanding. Go Dees.


Draft and Trade Needs


buck_nekkid

Recommended Posts

Before we get to ‘winning’ the post season, what are our needs?

I’d say:

  • a ruck forward (established + developing) - replace dog
  • an X-factor midfielder = outside run and brilliant decision maker
  • a lockdown small defender= replace hibbo
  • an X factor small forward - pairing with Kozzie 
  • a capable swing man utility.- flexible player that can go forward and shift up the ground as needed

Some may already be on the list, but these were our holes.  What are your priorities?

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, buck_nekkid said:

Before we get to ‘winning’ the post season, what are our needs?

I’d say:

  • a ruck forward (established + developing) - replace dog
  • an X-factor midfielder = outside run and brilliant decision maker
  • a lockdown small defender= replace hibbo
  • an X factor small forward - pairing with Kozzie 
  • a capable swing man utility.- flexible player that can go forward and shift up the ground as needed

Some may already be on the list, but these were our holes.  What are your priorities?

I don't think we need that X factor small forward, we already got him.

I am more of the idea of getting a KPF, Imagine a Forward line of:

JVR, Fritsch, Kozzie and one of McKay/King/Insert name 

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

List wise we need:

One established ruck (replace Jackson) this could be Grundy

one backup ruck (replace Daw) this could now be Weid 
One developing ruck

Quick outside player with X factor and skills

KPFs who can take a contested mark, could be JVR or Petty but we still need another.
 

Unless there’s a huge surprise I think we will get Grundy for a second round pick, Jackson will net us a first rounder this year and next. Likely we will draft a KPF with this. Interested to see the rest.

 

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Jackson should net us at least Freo pick 13 2022 and Freo needs to get pick 11 off the Bulldogs in a potential Lobb trade. Maybe Liam Henry thrown in if Bedford goes. 

Grundy should cost us pick 32 & 41.  We are doing the pies such a huge favour imv. Taking $500k-$600k off their books for 5 years ffs. 

Little other changes except Hunt and Bedford, arguable two of our fastest 3 players on the move.  

Players like Narkle could be an option into our midfield rotation but he’s likely to head west to Freo imv.

So we’d need more pace into the midfield and a young forward to develop alongside JVR to replace Tmcd/BBB.

Potentially we can see draft picks around 11 & 13 ( and Chandler upgrade to the senior list). 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I think we need a specialist wingman to play on the opposite wing from Langdon, we saw how much we can get from that position when Brayshaw was there. 

honestly i was a little surprised we didn't have a look at Acres to play there given he's going so cheaply 

  • Like 4
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Apart from the obvious KPF, I think a mid with pace & skill is a priority.

Someone who maybe gets left out because they can't win their own ball but would not need to in our setup, where we have 4 blokes who fight over it and no one who can kick, when we do get it. Understand this is a little over critical but it is so frustrating to fight so hard to win the ball and then just give it back on disposal.

I'd also like an attacking HFF, I think we are too defensively minded in the forward half. ANB & Spargs kicked about 20 goals between them as full time HFF's, we need that position to be a lot more productive than a goal every second week

Edited by BW511
  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

11 minutes ago, Dwight Schrute said:

I think we need a specialist wingman to play on the opposite wing from Langdon, we saw how much we can get from that position when Brayshaw was there. 

honestly i was a little surprised we didn't have a look at Acres to play there given he's going so cheaply 

Kind of surprised at this too, he's no gun but he's the perfect role player. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites


If we get Grundy hopefully that resolves one of our greatest issue, in having a good backup ruckman to support Max. However also need a young tall to develop at Casey long term.

We desperately need a tall tough forward that can take a contested mark and kick straight to back JVR and Fritsch up and take some pressure off our fwd setup.

I would like to see Gus back to half back or wing and bring in an outside mid with more pace and great kicking skills.

We also need some pace off the backline to potentially replace Hunt and Hibberd so hopefully a couple of our youngsters step up to the plate such as Chandler/ Bedford/ Bowey/ Laurie/ Woewodin/ Howes/ AMW /Smith, etc.

critical needs- 

Quality backup ruckman plus a young developing ruck.

Tall tough talented skilled forward

Pacey skilled outside mid.

  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

11 hours ago, Dwight Schrute said:

I think we need a specialist wingman to play on the opposite wing from Langdon, we saw how much we can get from that position when Brayshaw was there. 

honestly i was a little surprised we didn't have a look at Acres to play there given he's going so cheaply 

Agree. Dees could have potentially look to include/added Acres to the LJ deal.   Acres was a key player for Freo but wanted a 3-4 year deal.  

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

We have locked away a great midfield but the one knock on them is they don't kick enough goals. Trac had a misfiring year with his goal kicking. If Clarry is to match Cripps he needs to kick more goals. We rely heavily on creating goal scoring from centre clearances. What we need is another creative goal kicking forward. Think Stevie J, Toby Greene, Isaac Heaney type to complement Fritsch.

Sheezel in the draft is so impressive with respect to this. 

We have enough contested beasts in the midfield but lack an outside runner, with pace who kicks to position and can hit a target. Think Rozee type of player

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Mids, mids, and more mids

We have a special first three but after that it falls away in terms of skill, speed, and execution 

Our second string mids are average

After that I’d say it’s outside run with skill, marking targets forward 

But, really, I would assume the priorities that our recruiters look at are the same as always:

- can they win their own football? (Attitude)

- can they execute under pressure? (Skill)

- can they cope with the stresses and pressures of the afl environment? (Character)

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

List needs in order

Key forward - obviously the biggest hole in our team and also poor list depth here. We need another 2-3 to develop as BBrown and TMac are at the end and struggling as is. JVR to be one long term hopefully, but need another one performing now while we’re in our window. 

Half forward flanker -  Upgrade the Spargo/Neal Bullen spots. Needs to be an attacking player who’s dangerous around goals. From 24 matches this year we got less than 20 goals combined between these two. Less than a goal a game combined. That simply isn’t good enough, and we need to use our flankers differently.

Outside mid with pace - to run through the middle and the opposing wing to Langdon. We lack pace, skill and dare. Doesn’t have to be a superstar, just bring a different dynamic to our ball movement. 

Small lockdown defender - Jetta retired. Hibberd at the end. Hunt average and potentially on the move. With small forwards more important than ever, we need to find a new reliable lockdown small to stop them. Possibly more than one. Don’t trust Bowey or Salem to play on Charlie Cameron/Stengle types due to lack of pace and defensive nous.

Ruck - Depth, lower priority as rucks are the least impactful and least important position on the ground. Backup for Gawn and developing to replace him in a few years.

Small forward - find someone to pair with Kozzy longer term.

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Player with speed that can kick well. We seemed slow this year and may lose Bedford and Hunt. 
I think everybody probably agrees we need an outside mid that can delivery very well inside 50, a lockdown defender ideally with pace and kicking skills, more KPF depth and more ruck depth. 
Given that the trade window is just around the corner and Grundy is the only player we have been strongly linked to, I am of the opinion that we will go at this draft aggressively.Similar to what we did in 2018.
I expect us to get the Grundy deal done before the Jackson deal. So we will have 2 first round pick from Freo and our future first. 
Lamb has said in the past that he likes to get groups of young talent together and I think we will use the fact that next years draft is deemed to be stronger as way to trade into this years draft.

There’s a few first round draft prospects  that fill our needs that are reportedly would be ready for AFL next season. 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I am bit concerned that if we lose fingers best 22 players  like Hunt, Bedford, Weideman and Tomlinson. We lose a lot of our mature depth. I wouldn't want to replace them with just draft picks. 

If that did occur we would need to find some cheap replacements from trade or delisted free agency and so far we have been linked to no-one outside Grundy. 

Particularly because the talk draft is meant to be quite shallow and teams would rather push picks to next years draft. could be as few has 50 picks apparently. 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

45 minutes ago, DemonJack 14 said:

I am bit concerned that if we lose fingers best 22 players  like Hunt, Bedford, Weideman and Tomlinson. We lose a lot of our mature depth. I wouldn't want to replace them with just draft picks. 

If that did occur we would need to find some cheap replacements from trade or delisted free agency and so far we have been linked to no-one outside Grundy. 

Particularly because the talk draft is meant to be quite shallow and teams would rather push picks to next years draft. could be as few has 50 picks apparently. 

I see what you're saying as we do need mature age depth but we just need to be careful that any recycled guys we get don't become list cloggers. 

I trust that we'll be looking at all available and if the right player comes along we'll do what we can to get them. Just comes down to how many of those do leave. 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites


3 hours ago, layzie said:

I see what you're saying as we do need mature age depth but we just need to be careful that any recycled guys we get don't become list cloggers. 

I trust that we'll be looking at all available and if the right player comes along we'll do what we can to get them. Just comes down to how many of those do leave. 

Yeah I agree with you there, but if we are losing some solid role players. We can't just rely on draft picks to fill these positions. But yes have to be selective not to just end up with list cloggers 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

19 hours ago, DemonJack 14 said:

Yeah I agree with you there, but if we are losing some solid role players. We can't just rely on draft picks to fill these positions. But yes have to be selective not to just end up with list cloggers 

It's a tough balancing act isn't it.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

https://www.espn.com.au/afl/story/_/id/34688291/afl-2022-trade-free-agency-draft-period-every-club-list-needs-ahead-2023

Free agency, trades, draft: Every AFL club's list needs ahead of 2023

Melbourne

List needs:

  • Classy midfielder/forward who can pass precisely to inside 50m targets
  • Ruck depth
  • Outside run and speed

Who should they target?

The major missing link for Melbourne is a classy midfielder/forward who can hit inside 50 targets reliably. 2021 Sandover Medallist, Bailey Rogers would fill the role perfectly with his versatility to play midfield and forward and his classy skills, strong marking and ball winning capabilities a bonus. With Carlton midfielder Will Setterfield in and out of Carlton's best-22, he may be someone Melbourne could make enquiries into as a further classy midfielder who could add improved balance to the Demons midfield.

While Brodie Grundy has been heavily rumoured to be joining Melbourne, the Demons should be demanding Rory Lobb as part of any deal for Luke Jackson. While Lobb has requested a trade to Western Bulldogs, Melbourne arguably need Lobb more, not just as a ruck, but as a contested marking force close to goal and someone who does not relegate Gawn to spending most of his time forward. What makes the Lobb fit so ideal is that he is ideally suited to a relieving ruck role behind Gawn and gives the Demons the option if Gawn misses games at some point to take over as Melbourne's lead ruck.

While Bradley Hill has been linked to North Melbourne, the wide-open expanses of the MCG would suit Hill much better as it did during his tenure with Hawthorn. With Melbourne a team featuring prolific ball winners, Hill for the Demons would need to do nothing more than just be himself which makes Melbourne his ideal landing spot.

  • Shocked 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 9/29/2022 at 8:42 AM, Lord Travis said:

List needs in order

Key forward - obviously the biggest hole in our team and also poor list depth here. We need another 2-3 to develop as BBrown and TMac are at the end and struggling as is. JVR to be one long term hopefully, but need another one performing now while we’re in our window. 

Half forward flanker -  Upgrade the Spargo/Neal Bullen spots. Needs to be an attacking player who’s dangerous around goals. From 24 matches this year we got less than 20 goals combined between these two. Less than a goal a game combined. That simply isn’t good enough, and we need to use our flankers differently.

Outside mid with pace - to run through the middle and the opposing wing to Langdon. We lack pace, skill and dare. Doesn’t have to be a superstar, just bring a different dynamic to our ball movement. 

Small lockdown defender - Jetta retired. Hibberd at the end. Hunt average and potentially on the move. With small forwards more important than ever, we need to find a new reliable lockdown small to stop them. Possibly more than one. Don’t trust Bowey or Salem to play on Charlie Cameron/Stengle types due to lack of pace and defensive nous.

Ruck - Depth, lower priority as rucks are the least impactful and least important position on the ground. Backup for Gawn and developing to replace him in a few years.

Small forward - find someone to pair with Kozzy longer term.

Good post LT.

One of the major issues coming out of your post is that we have recruited recently but not given these players the confidence to be given AFL game time.

Interesting that Chris Scott has just been labelled a genius after about a 5 to 10 year of ignoring  younger players on his list or not recruiting enough to have for ready for the big time snd rather topping up with experienced replacements.

Finally after a decade he has got  the mix right snd bingo bingo a Flag arrives!!!

After 2021 SimonGoodwin placed huge faith in the 23 players from the GF and it must be said the larger portion of games in that season. 

But in trying to replicate that extraordinary effort in 2022 with a strange injury list largely to defence but with  on ball and Tmac and BBB as well found that the role players reduced performance he was hindered by a dip in form with the team when the whips were cracking after the bye.

Counteracting this was the mystifying lack of dare in the game plan and conservative team selection not giving performers in the VFL ChampionsFlag win (and almost unbeaten for the season ) Casey Demons a look in as replacements. 

Is history repeating at Demonland  like at the Cats with no strong youth policy to keep the elite players topped up with   some youth snd trade to only mark pace enough to make Finsls but not contend ultimately for The big Cup. 

Msybe our 2021 draft were too young but earlier draftees were overlooked disappointingly to keep pressure on the Flag heroes and also keep competition for spots keen snd strong.

Specifically I believe Lockhart 2/3 years ago and last year Chandler Bedford Dunstan and som others have not been encouraged with opportunities to succeed and we are no wiser now if they are potential senior Or just depth or even list cloggers. 

My point is 2022 is wasted largely except for the  potential for JVR, Taj W, Laurie, Disco Turner, AMZ, McPhee and even Deakin Smith to flourish with another pre season under their belt.

Not one of the almost half of the Casey Flag players are ready for 2023 as of now!  ( JVR Dunstan and Turner appear nearest). 

So planning for 2023 team spots is only about 3/4 ready with half a  dozen spots to be filled for a legitimate Flag push in 2023 and no injury or form lapses of 2022 repeating. 

Are the Demons the new Cats?  Only time will tell. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, roy11 said:

https://www.espn.com.au/afl/story/_/id/34688291/afl-2022-trade-free-agency-draft-period-every-club-list-needs-ahead-2023

Free agency, trades, draft: Every AFL club's list needs ahead of 2023

Melbourne

List needs:

  • Classy midfielder/forward who can pass precisely to inside 50m targets
  • Ruck depth
  • Outside run and speed

Who should they target?

The major missing link for Melbourne is a classy midfielder/forward who can hit inside 50 targets reliably. 2021 Sandover Medallist, Bailey Rogers would fill the role perfectly with his versatility to play midfield and forward and his classy skills, strong marking and ball winning capabilities a bonus. With Carlton midfielder Will Setterfield in and out of Carlton's best-22, he may be someone Melbourne could make enquiries into as a further classy midfielder who could add improved balance to the Demons midfield.

While Brodie Grundy has been heavily rumoured to be joining Melbourne, the Demons should be demanding Rory Lobb as part of any deal for Luke Jackson. While Lobb has requested a trade to Western Bulldogs, Melbourne arguably need Lobb more, not just as a ruck, but as a contested marking force close to goal and someone who does not relegate Gawn to spending most of his time forward. What makes the Lobb fit so ideal is that he is ideally suited to a relieving ruck role behind Gawn and gives the Demons the option if Gawn misses games at some point to take over as Melbourne's lead ruck.

While Bradley Hill has been linked to North Melbourne, the wide-open expanses of the MCG would suit Hill much better as it did during his tenure with Hawthorn. With Melbourne a team featuring prolific ball winners, Hill for the Demons would need to do nothing more than just be himself which makes Melbourne his ideal landing spot.

Setterfield!!!! 

team america vomit GIF

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 9/29/2022 at 8:42 AM, Lord Travis said:

List needs in order

Key forward - obviously the biggest hole in our team and also poor list depth here. We need another 2-3 to develop as BBrown and TMac are at the end and struggling as is. JVR to be one long term hopefully, but need another one performing now while we’re in our window. 

Half forward flanker -  Upgrade the Spargo/Neal Bullen spots. Needs to be an attacking player who’s dangerous around goals. From 24 matches this year we got less than 20 goals combined between these two. Less than a goal a game combined. That simply isn’t good enough, and we need to use our flankers differently.

Outside mid with pace - to run through the middle and the opposing wing to Langdon. We lack pace, skill and dare. Doesn’t have to be a superstar, just bring a different dynamic to our ball movement. 

Small lockdown defender - Jetta retired. Hibberd at the end. Hunt average and potentially on the move. With small forwards more important than ever, we need to find a new reliable lockdown small to stop them. Possibly more than one. Don’t trust Bowey or Salem to play on Charlie Cameron/Stengle types due to lack of pace and defensive nous.

Ruck - Depth, lower priority as rucks are the least impactful and least important position on the ground. Backup for Gawn and developing to replace him in a few years.

Small forward - find someone to pair with Kozzy longer term.

I like to become an instant expert at this time of year. Doesn't everyone? I like the idea of a Cadman combining with JVR but may be unrealistic. The kid who I think can perform a number of roles and has real upside is Mattaes Phillipou https://www.sen.com.au/news/2022/07/19/the-two-potential-sa-draftees-to-keep-an-eye-on/

He like JVR is a real mover around the forward line. I love Ben Brown but he has as much sideways movement as the 6.20am Frankston to Seaford.

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

49 minutes ago, roy11 said:

https://www.espn.com.au/afl/story/_/id/34688291/afl-2022-trade-free-agency-draft-period-every-club-list-needs-ahead-2023

Free agency, trades, draft: Every AFL club's list needs ahead of 2023

Melbourne

List needs:

  • Classy midfielder/forward who can pass precisely to inside 50m targets
  • Ruck depth
  • Outside run and speed

Who should they target?

The major missing link for Melbourne is a classy midfielder/forward who can hit inside 50 targets reliably. 2021 Sandover Medallist, Bailey Rogers would fill the role perfectly with his versatility to play midfield and forward and his classy skills, strong marking and ball winning capabilities a bonus. With Carlton midfielder Will Setterfield in and out of Carlton's best-22, he may be someone Melbourne could make enquiries into as a further classy midfielder who could add improved balance to the Demons midfield.

While Brodie Grundy has been heavily rumoured to be joining Melbourne, the Demons should be demanding Rory Lobb as part of any deal for Luke Jackson. While Lobb has requested a trade to Western Bulldogs, Melbourne arguably need Lobb more, not just as a ruck, but as a contested marking force close to goal and someone who does not relegate Gawn to spending most of his time forward. What makes the Lobb fit so ideal is that he is ideally suited to a relieving ruck role behind Gawn and gives the Demons the option if Gawn misses games at some point to take over as Melbourne's lead ruck.

While Bradley Hill has been linked to North Melbourne, the wide-open expanses of the MCG would suit Hill much better as it did during his tenure with Hawthorn. With Melbourne a team featuring prolific ball winners, Hill for the Demons would need to do nothing more than just be himself which makes Melbourne his ideal landing spot.

The Brad Hill who influences games or the Brad Hill who picks and chooses when he's going to put in?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Unfortunately, your content contains terms that we do not allow. Please edit your content to remove the highlighted words below.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
  • Demonland Forums  

  • Match Previews, Reports & Articles  

    PODCAST: Match SIM vs Richmond

    The Demonland Podcast will air LIVE on Tuesday, 20th February @ 8:30pm. Join George, Binman & I as we dissect the Scratch Match loss to the Tigers and hopefully provide me with some free MFCSS therapy. You questions and comments are a huge part of our podcast so please post anything you want to ask or say below and we'll give you a shout out on the show. If you would like to leave us a voicemail please call 03 9016 3666 and don't worry no body answers so you don't have to talk to a

    Demonland
    Demonland |
    Melbourne Demons 38

    PREGAME: Practice Match vs Carlton

    The Dees will play their final practice match before the start of the 2024 seasons against the Blues at Ikon Park. What are you wanting to see in this final hit out before the season proper? Will Clarry & Salo return to the side? 2024 AAMI Community Series | Carlton v Melbourne Date: Wednesday 28 February Time: 6:40pm (AEDT) Location: IKON Park | Wurundjeri

    Demonland
    Demonland |
    Melbourne Demons 54

    POSTGAME: Match SIM vs Richmond

    The Dees were outclassed and outmuscled in its first practice hit out for the 2024 season against the Tigers going down by 23 points at Casey Fields. 

    Demonland
    Demonland |
    Melbourne Demons 286

    GAMEDAY: Match SIM vs Richmond

    It's Game Day and it's been 156 days since the Demons were bundled out of the finals in straight sets for the 2nd year in a row. Our redemption starts here. Remember it's only a practice match if we lose. Date: Sunday 18th Feb Location: Casey Fields Gate open: 9.30am Match commences: 10am Watch: Foxtel & Kayo Inclusions: Seven-quarter match simulation Signing opportunities Kids' activities Partner giveaways Demons Squad: 1. Steven May 2. Jacob Van Rooyen

    Demonland
    Demonland |
    Melbourne Demons 402

    TRAINING: Saturday 17th February 2024

    On the eve of the Dees first practice match for the 2024 season a couple of Demonland Trackwatchers bring you their observations from today’s Captain’s Run at Gosch’s Paddock.  KEV MARTIN’S CAPTAIN’S RUN OBSERVATIONS Looks a a dress rehearsal Captain's run. 23 out doing drills.  Included is Will Verall, Kynan Brown, Bailey Laurie, Caleb Windsor, Blake Howes, Adam Tomlinson, Kade Chandler, Jack Billings and Josh Schache. Rehab include BBB, Tom Fullarton, TMac, AMW, Woey.

    Demonland
    Demonland |
    Training Reports

    PREGAME: Match SIM vs Richmond

    The Demons will take to the field in their first hit out for 2024 against another team when they take on the Tigers at Casey Fields in a Scratch Match consisting of 7 "quarters". Melbourne vs Richmond Date: Sunday 18th Feb Location: Casey Fields Gate open: 9.30am Match commences: 10am Watch: Foxtel & Kayo Inclusions: Seven-quarter match simulation Signing opportunities Kids' activities Partner giveaways What are your expectations? What do you want to see from

    Demonland
    Demonland |
    Melbourne Demons 130

    TRAINING: Monday 12th February 2024

    Clayton Oliver was integrated back into the main training group today for the first time in 2024 after completing a 2km time trial. FriendlyFellow, a new Demonland Trackwatcher hit Gosch's Paddock on a hot and windy morning to bring you his observations of the session. Disclaimer: Saw on the socials they were down at Gosch’s Paddock so headed down for a quick look. Little to no presence of other track watchers and no current live thread, so as a first time contributor, giving what the peopl

    Demonland
    Demonland |
    Training Reports 6

    TRAINING: Wednesday 7th February 2024

    A bunch of Demonland Trackwatchers enjoyed the sunshine at Gosch's Paddock to watch a rapidly depleted Dees go through their paces with exactly a month to go until a ball is bounced in anger. DEMONLAND'S PRESEASON TRAINING OBSERVATIONS REHAB: Brown, Hunter, AMW, Fullarton, Turner, Clarry, TMac, Melksham, McAdam ABSENT: Smith All players in Blue guernseys today. Clarry is in the building (Gosch’s Paddock). Petty is present with footy boots on.  Clarry doing dril

    Demonland
    Demonland |
    Training Reports 1

    THAT WAS THE YEAR THAT WAS: 2023

    When the dust settled on 2023, the Melbourne Football Club coach Simon Goodwin lamented that the club knew it needed to score more to land a second premiership in the current era. He opined that an average of one more goal per game would have had his charges in football’s stratosphere.  Goodwin was right and, based on his team’s scoring opportunities, that extra goal (and more) was well within its grasp if only they had better converted their shots at goal. Take the side’s last six defeats

    Demonland
    Demonland |
    Special Features 7
  • Tell a friend

    Love Demonland? Tell a friend!
×
×
  • Create New...