Why we beat St.Kilda

Roost it far

As most of you have already soiled yourselves over next week I thought I’d let you know why we’ll win.

1. Our back 6 will own their forward 6

2. With Viney back our midfield can comfortably match theirs

3. With TMac finding form and if Jackson can continue his Q4 form with Spargo and Kozzie running around our forward line can kick a winning score.

4. Gawn and the mids will work better together

5. Petracca

6. Oliver

7. May and Lever

enjoy your week

• Like 8
  • Thanks 3

Superior coiffure?

Edited by Tarax Club
  • Haha 2

Saints and Dogs have the speed that always worries me, but i think we can take the Sainters for one of the reasons R.I.F. lists.

Our backline is like a brick wall.

Some extra speed down back would be handy, and their small could do some damage, but right now i have so much confidence in May and Lever in particular that i am backing us for the win.

Saints are a good team so it should be a great game.

• Like 1

The Saints have:

- Had a hard fight in the last to win;

- One day less recovery;

- Return travel; and

- They ran a combined 294.8 km vs our 275 km (nearly 1 km per player extra).

I'm not sure how much this matters in round 1. Are the players fresh so it doesn't matter? Or is the first hit out tough to recover from?

• Like 2
  • Shocked 1

3 minutes ago, Bring-Back-Powell said:

I actually give us more of a chance to beat GWS and Geelong than St Kilda.

After 12 months of denial, I’ve come to the realisation that St Kilda are a high quality side that is well coached and has significant depth. I expect to them to finish top 4.

Unfortunately I agree.

Only way I see us beating them is through the benefit of an extra days rest, after a solid game on a heavy 10 graded Flemington track, interstate.

Hoping I’m wrong and the boys turn it on next week.

We can go 5 zip before our game against Richmond. GO DEES

• Like 1
  • Love 1

Saints lost contested possessions by 30. Lost inside 50’s by 10. If GWS kick straight, they win 

we can handle them easily on the inside. How clever can we be converting that to clearances and inside 50’s? Let’s see what we’ve learnt this week

I back us to win

• Like 1

They will be heavy legged after today's slogfest with BWS, we have had an extra day and a half to recover, slept in their own beds. 

Need to get off to a fast start like Saturday, dominate the center clearances and expose their biggest weakness which is their defence.

Toby Green and Himmelberg in particular caused Saints all sorts of problems today, hopefully our defensive structure stands up to their quick ball movement and forward mobility.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Roost it far said:

As most of you have already soiled yourselves over next week I thought I’d let you know why we’ll win.

3. With TMac finding form and if Jackson can continue his Q4 form with Spargo and Kozzie running around our forward line can kick a winning score.

5. Petracca

6. Oliver

7. May and Lever

enjoy your week

I am , and I shall relate the story about how hard it is for us to win two in a row, see yu....

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, ding said:

Saints and Dogs have the speed that always worries me, but i think we can take the Sainters for one of the reasons R.I.F. lists.

Our backline is like a brick wall.

Some extra speed down back would be handy, and their small could do some damage, but right now i have so much confidence in May and Lever in particular that i am backing us for the win.

Saints are a good team so it should be a great game.

Dogs have an excellent midfield, Saints are miles below them

Think we might put another 4 points in the bank.

The Saints were hot and cold with pressure efforts and they could have been shut out of it if bws didn’t miss the sitter to make it a 3 kick game. Conditions were atrocious hitting their legs hard and they have some big outs.  Their speedsters are a concern, but our defensive wall needs a few fast smalls to stick tight, we need to play pressure all day and more than halve the contests and we win.

do this and we take the chokkies.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Bring-Back-Powell said:

I actually give us more of a chance to beat GWS and Geelong than St Kilda.

After 12 months of denial, I’ve come to the realisation that St Kilda are a high quality side that is well coached and has significant depth. I expect to them to finish top 4.

A very good point.  I fear the saints small forwards and their coach Brett Ratten to really test the Dees this week.

• Like 2

11 hours ago, Roost it far said:

5. Petracca

6. Oliver

7. May and Lever

enjoy your week

tell me please who will stop Tim Membry?

• Shocked 1